Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

So the following is taken from their website:

Dreamworld’s iconic vintage cars are back with a new experience designed to captivate and educate visitors of all ages.

Not only will guests get to take a road trip around a signed track in new 1920s vintage Ford replicas, they will have the opportunity to see the park’s much-loved koalas at the same time.

59bb76724e5b0_VintageCars.JPG.538daf8e1732a7ac48615dcb91bdb7d0.JPGIMG_2394-Hero-1680x1050.thumb.jpg.604514cf8a2809607d0ec4a891488b49.jpg

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

Ok 1) you know what would be nicer than that? A nicely presented load area with theming... oh wait like the one the cars originally had

2) have they modified these cars to be silent? Cause if not that's appalling having Koalas in close proximity to a noisy attraction just for people to gork at! 

Just wow

What I don't quite get is the website say they are new cars, but they look the same as they did before, just refreshed, and have had the brass mountings painted over. 

Your right though, some signage and a koala exhibit doesn't quite equate an adventure, but hey hopefully there's something there that the video doesn't show...

3 hours ago, T-bone said:

Or maybe, just maybe the website hasn't been updated yet?

The website was updated frequently yesterday. This includes the removal of the Vintage Cars dates and also the removal of the Pandamonium closure day, and also they pushed pack a date on one of their kids rides.

4 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

The website was updated frequently yesterday. This includes the removal of the Vintage Cars dates and also the removal of the Pandamonium closure day, and also they pushed pack a date on one of their kids rides.

If that is the case then it took till today for it to update. Cut them some slack. Now showing as open everyday 1100-1600. 

23 minutes ago, Minions! said:

Decent Vintage Cars Queue and new signs...no more Avis!! As well as it’s no longer gold rush, but I fact corroboree outback adventure!

I don't think it ever used to be themed to Gold Rush?? Always corroboree. It was poorly themed though so I guess people could get confused.

13 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I don't think it ever used to be themed to Gold Rush?? Always corroboree. It was poorly themed though so I guess people could get confused.

The Park Map hinted it being in the Gold Rush which is most likely why he's saying it was originally themed to the Gold Rush

IMG_4326.thumb.PNG.98b94fad2db5dbd17f61f3b558c8e7c7.PNG

How about this for an exciting experience!

Get you photo taken with the man himself Mr Jelly Belly out the front of the Jelly Belly Store on main street on the New Jelly Belly Bench (Like the guy on the Seat in Gold Rush Country) COMING SOON!
As well as the exclusive for launch of the new Jelly Belly Flavour 'Mixed Emotions' themed to the awesome emoji's!

More pushing back dates for major Dreamworld rides. TOT was due for tomorrow. This has now been pushed to the 1st October. 

Wipeout due for 26th October, pushed back to 31st October.

Gingy's pushed back for 1st October, was due tomorrow.

Honestly Dreamworld has some of the most inconsistent maintenance schedules. Very disappointing.

29 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

More pushing back dates for major Dreamworld rides. TOT was due for tomorrow. This has now been pushed to the 1st October. 

Wipeout due for 26th October, pushed back to 31st October.

Gingy's pushed back for 1st October, was due tomorrow.

Honestly Dreamworld has some of the most inconsistent maintenance schedules. Very disappointing.

To be fair though. It is only about a week between each push back. And movieworld is the same. Batwing, Arkham and WWF were all pushed back. 

4 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Far better that the dates be pushed back than they reopen when they are not certain it's safe. 

Have you been reading too much bulletin again? 

Why is safety being called into question here? Did you think that maybe they're waiting on parts? Maybe a different ride needed attention sooner and resources were diverted? Maybe they need a specific piece of equipment that isn't available immediately? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Seems DCR is having the desired effect in drawing all the locals and tourists to MW

DW is deserted..  weekend and school holidays and no waits on any kids rides... great for my son and I, not so much for DW...

Have the other State holidays started yet? I think it's understandable to hear DW is quiet with passholders who are sure to be down the road atm. Sad to hear. A good crowd generates atmosphere and no crowd gets people talking.