Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

I finally got a chance to get up to QLD and visit my favourite park, Dreamworld. I've gotta say, it's sad to see the park in its current state but it looks like they are finally committed to getting things back up and running. Hopefully 2017-2018 will bring the revival of Dreamworld and will create many more great memories for families for years to come. It's bittersweet that I won't be able to come back for a few years but by the time I get back, the park will be completely different back to how it used to be with all rides/areas of the park open and operational. 

• Like 1

While i was there on Monday i noticed 3 that raised an eyebrow and another 2 that i just found surprising.

- I noticed from the old waterfall crossing, there's a bridge going across to the island. Is this new? Cause up near the shearers wharf they even have a boat sitting in the water.

- For some reason they only had 1 person operating Shockwave. for something that already has terrible capacity as is, 1 person just makes it worse. If down the road they can run Battle Boats with 2 people or have 4 on Madagascar, surely you can get atleast another person for SW.

- The window to rocky hollows tunnel near the path has been covered and the entire area looks in more disrepair than it did in January.

- I was surprised that the Tree Kangaroos still have the lower viewing access blocked off. If Wildlife World can teach a Wallaby not to run into a 9ft glass pane in less than 6 months, shouldn't the TK's be used to small amounts of people at the least yet? Even the sugar Glider inside gave no shits and came to check us out.

-It also surprised me when i saw through the Vintage cars grill and saw that looked like a leaf blower for an engine. Do they run a massive 2 stroke or something?

Side note, they really need to open a path to the RH section from the front via Gold rush. That area is really dead as is and its already a pain in the ass walking to BS and the likes when i know (and can see) there's a quicker route. I know its not far and stuff, but even then, maybe it could increase foot traffic through the area and stretch out some of the crowds.

That bridge has been there for a very long time 

They quite often operate Shockwave with only 1 person

Yes that closure of the path is annoying, but it’s for reason. They can’t just reopen it when TRR is still there and would mean even more high walls needing construction. BuzzSaw is under maintenance 16/10/2017 - 30/11/2017 (which seems like quite a long time compared to normal), so maybe while they are removing Eureka, they will begin the demolition of TRR.

• Like 1

I hopped on the Dreamworld express a few days ago to check out the current state of the log ride. It is looking very reasonable. No maintenance crews seemed to be there the day I went (although it was a Friday) HOWEVER a lot of the wood on the drop section looked as fresh as a daisy which is awesome to see. The bottom of the drop is cut open and there is a MASSIVE hole there. Also a bunch of bits cut open around the rest of the visible track however it looks like progress is being made. Perhaps the first school holidays of 2018 it might reopen?

Rocky hollow log ride Is looking good they are replacing all the old station part that hold the log in place when riders get in and new wood around the track I’m forgot to get photos on Friday but looks like just are making it safer with new parts can’t wait to see how it feels in December. 

I took two photo of the mine cart mountain. Everyone is hoping that once mountain is gone, the track is in good Condition for renovation can be done so we can ride this ride once again as it was a great ride.

D3FE1649-607C-4AD2-B175-831F0F02721C.jpeg

7FCE4025-A52F-42DB-AA20-C3E098E0BFA2.jpeg

• Like 2

On 16/10/2017 at 12:22 PM, Ashley said:

Buzzsaw is now currently closed until the end of next month (30th of November) maybe possibly the demolition of TRRR will commence.  

Just read a response on TripAdvisor from DW saying the ride can’t be removed until all legal clearance has been received and seeing that the government might be taking legal action, I think it’s safe to say the ride is gonna stay for a while till they make the decision if legal action will be taken