Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

Thats right by the riverboat station. Maybe they are removing it?

Maybe Dreamworld could be renamed "Constructionworld". They could teach kids how to put up temporary fences, and tell them how important it is to have every square inch of the park under construction. And show them how to perform annual maintenance on rides.

Edited by themeparkaddict

53 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Thats right by the riverboat station. Maybe they are removing it?

Maybe Dreamworld could be renamed "Constructionworld". They could teach kids how to put up temporary fences, and tell them how important it is to have every square inch of the park under construction. And show them how to perform annual maintenance on rides.

So, the park getting stuck in and getting things done? Sounds good.

• Like 1

Talking about getting things done, I noticed that the Baldwin steam locomotive had been moved to the back of the shed, and someone was working on the engine. The wife kid and I will be very pleased and even return/ buy a pass if this loco returns to service even if once a month like last year. 

Edited by T-bone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, T-bone said:

Talking about getting things done, I noticed that the Baldwin steam locomotive had been moved to the back of the shed, and someone was working on the engine. The wife kid and I will be very pleased and even return/ buy a pass if this loco returns to service even if once a month like last year. 

My understanding is that there was no one qualified to operate it on the payroll. Perhaps they've found a replacement. 

10 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

So why would they be demolishing the cave part of the log ride?

Perhaps they are concerned about a similar accident to the river rapids occuring on the ride so they are removing these covered sections so employees can keep an eye on the log boats and stop the ride if they think two boats get to close to each other. Just my theory.

6 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

Perhaps they are concerned about a similar accident to the river rapids occuring on the ride so they are removing these covered sections so employees can keep an eye on the log boats and stop the ride if they think two boats get to close to each other. Just my theory.

Or they could just be replacing it, seeing that it looked like it was about to collapse in some parts!

P.S I wonder what they have/will do with the 2 characters they had in the Rapids and the Log Ride?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Theme Park said:

If there was ANY concern whatsoever of the same thing occurring, the ride would NEVER open again. 

• Like 1

That Cave has been falling to pieces for years and having barely been touched since the Park opened, it had become a haven for all sorts of Creepy Crawleys over time.

It's also the deepest section of the canal and an area of the ride where the logs could be rocked easily without touching the bottom. Perhaps narrow the Canal with guide rails inserted below the water line and starting from where the tunnel exited all the way up to the main lift.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster in many years.

Went to Dreamworld yesterday for the first time in two years... it would have been quicker to write a list of the rides and shows actually open (seriously).

Quite an eerie no-people-around feeling, which to be honest I didn't mind.

Thank fully it was a day for the little kids and every ride they went on was "next on / no queue" and some you could just stay on.

Feel sorry for the place. They're at a cross-roads... they need some serious investment from people who get themeparks, or from I saw, the future looks bleak.

• Like 3

And yet yesterday some mates down here in Melb were discussing a trip to the GC and they were all like "yeah let's go to Dreamworld". I had to inform them DW still has many rides closed, while Movie World has just built the biggest and best coaster in Australia. They had no idea, and even then didn't really believe me. It's interesting that to many Aussies in the older age group, DW is still seen as the place to go.

Edited by GoGoBoy