Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

I understand its probably just a temp attraction, but man that corner of the park is just a hodge podge of a mess, and has been for too long now. 
It's time to wipe out Evilution, the Arcade, and what remains of the Thunderbolt station and do something clean and fresh there. Heck since they want to be all about experiences and family, lets expand the Dreamworks footprint and put in a Dreamworks dark ride.

• Like 1

I think you have just given me an idea for a new Dreamworks Animated Feature film.

The Monorail, once a hope for transport options for the future is now a shadow of its former self. Meet Mon, a Jamaican Monorail System. Mon and his sister Rai are the last surviving Monorail trains in the world, and it is up to them to beat ageism so the Monorail can be reborn, and respawn to become the vehicle of choice around the world. 

The queue for the new Monorail Dark ride will be highly themed walk through of a monorail graveyard, once at the end of the queue you catch a boat to cross the sea from Australia to Jamaica where you meet Mon and Rai. Mon or Rai then take you on a trip through Jamaica where you get to witness joys of the rebirth of the Monorail. 

The idea has merit right? @pushbutton

8 hours ago, T-bone said:

I understand its probably just a temp attraction, but man that corner of the park is just a hodge podge of a mess, and has been for too long now. 
It's time to wipe out Evilution, the Arcade, and what remains of the Thunderbolt station and do something clean and fresh there. Heck since they want to be all about experiences and family, lets expand the Dreamworks footprint and put in a Dreamworks dark ride.

As long as they built a replacement Zombie Evilution location first that could be ok, not that there's anything wrong with the current location. 

For me it's the best attraction at Dreamworld,  so would hate to see it closed. 

8 hours ago, T-bone said:

I think you have just given me an idea for a new Dreamworks Animated Feature film.

The Monorail, once a hope for transport options for the future is now a shadow of its former self. Meet Mon, a Jamaican Monorail System. Mon and his sister Rai are the last surviving Monorail trains in the world, and it is up to them to beat ageism so the Monorail can be reborn, and respawn to become the vehicle of choice around the world. 

The queue for the new Monorail Dark ride will be highly themed walk through of a monorail graveyard, once at the end of the queue you catch a boat to cross the sea from Australia to Jamaica where you meet Mon and Rai. Mon or Rai then take you on a trip through Jamaica where you get to witness joys of the rebirth of the Monorail. 

The idea has merit right? @pushbutton

Err. Hmm!

10/10 for originality  anyway! ;)

Another ride which has been closed a number of times this year has just seen a whopping 2018 reopening date!

And once again they changed the initial closing date to make it look like the ride hasnt been closed since the beginning of october.

F3785E0C-C198-4959-B16E-288CBB1E3D86.png

Edited by themeparkaddict

40 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Another ride which has been closed a number of times this year has just seen a whopping 2018 reopening date!

And once again they changed the initial closing date to make it look like the ride hasnt been closed since the beginning of october.

F3785E0C-C198-4959-B16E-288CBB1E3D86.png

The Reason for this closure is due to the Gear Box breaking, and needs to have it's Mechanisms completely inspected to find any other causes, but it's most likely water from the heavy downpour a few weeks ago. Adding on to that the parts arrive which usually takes a fair period of time.

Aswell As:

It's Great to see this old classic included in the show times!!

Could this be a teaser??:lol:

Full Link: https://www.dreamworld.com.au/-/media/pdfs/showtimes/current showtimes pdf.pdf

4yjn.JPG

Edited by Minions!

3 minutes ago, Minions! said:

The Reason for this closure is due to the Gear Box breaking, and needs to have it's Mechanisms completely inspected to find any other causes, but it's most likely water from the heavy downpour a few weeks ago. Adding on to that the parts arrive which usually takes a fair period of time.

Good excuse for a closure, but how come the gearbox hasnt broken every other time there has been a large amount of rain?

20 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Come on Ardent  / Main Event. It really is  time to sell to someone who really knows how to manage theme parks! 

That way Ardent can focus on what they do best (cinemas and bowling centres) and the new owner can  (at great risk of sounding like a bit of a Donald) make Dreamworld great again! :)

It would be great if Village roadshow bought it but if not, six Flags/Cedar fair could really make Dreamworld Great Again

2 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

It would be great if Village roadshow bought it but if not, six Flags/Cedar fair could really make Dreamworld Great Again

Yeah I’m totally sure VTP is super keen on the financial outlay required to purchase and basically re-invent DW, all with the aim of dimishing their current competitive advantage held by MW...

there are times when having a monopoly on a market is counter-productive. This would be one such time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Minions! said:

The Reason for this closure is due to the Gear Box breaking, and needs to have it's Mechanisms completely inspected to find any other causes, but it's most likely water from the heavy downpour a few weeks ago.

Wtf?

Are you DW Management because honestly what an absolute steaming pile of shit that just was.

Could someone else here care to elaborate on the complexity of a standard fairground Carousel because frankly I'm just a little lost for words right now.

9 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

I think Village buying Dreamworld would be almost the worst possible outcome  (2nd only to a developer buying it to close down and demolish).

Competition in the local theme park market is a very good thing indeed, so ANY experienced theme park operator EXCEPT Village would be far better to buy Dreamworld. 

43 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I think Village buying Dreamworld would be almost the worst possible outcome  (2nd only to a developer buying it to close down and demolish).

Competition in the local theme park market is a very good thing indeed, so ANY experienced theme park operator EXCEPT Village would be far better to buy Dreamworld. 

Didn’t think about that😰

11 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Come on Ardent  / Main Event. It really is  time to sell to someone who really knows how to manage theme parks! 

That way Ardent can focus on what they do best (cinemas and bowling centres) and the new owner can  (at great risk of sounding like a bit of a Donald) make Dreamworld great again! :)

I'm surprised that nobody has brought up Merlin. They've already invested in tourist attractions in Sydney and Melbourne, and unless they are in a position to possibly open up a Legoland on the Gold Coast in the future, Dreamworld would make a great addition to their portfolio. 

IMO, I personally prefer an Australian consortium, led by Packer or Murdoch or someone like that, with Mark consulting, once he is done with Gumbuya World.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

IMO, I personally prefer an Australian consortium, led by Packer or Murdoch or someone like that, with Mark consulting, once he is done with Gumbuya World.

Pretty sure Mark's tenure with Gumbuya World was very brief and he is now heavily involved in the Bounce Inc franchise i believe it is.

Edited by yaark

58 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I'm surprised that nobody has brought up Merlin. They've already invested in tourist attractions in Sydney and Melbourne, and unless they are in a position to possibly open up a Legoland on the Gold Coast in the future, Dreamworld would make a great addition to their portfolio. 

I've bought up Merlin several times. They would be my preference. They really know how to run a fantastic theme park. 

Maybe if they bought Dreamworld they could open a Lego section as part of Dreamworld. Possibly to replace the Gold Rush section. 

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I've bought up Merlin several times. They would be my preference. They really know how to run a fantastic theme park. 

Maybe if they bought Dreamworld they could open a Lego section as part of Dreamworld. Possibly to replace the Gold Rush section. 

That is a great idea, and Dreamworld could have ‘The worlds first Lego themed thrill ride’

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

As long as they built a replacement Zombie Evilution location first

Its poor capacity, not really super exciting as something most people want to repeat over and over, and is almost never open outside of peak periods.

Yeah, nah.

1 hour ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I'm surprised that nobody has brought up Merlin.

Only about 10,000,000 times since ever.