Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

Update time 

Wipeout

A46257A3-6E4C-425C-9B09-E18FDDAF57E3.thumb.jpeg.145be400c3aa793bc5fcd33d196badbf.jpeg

1175651C-2E8E-4A7F-B1C3-5B996138D1F4.thumb.jpeg.ac8f5fc73d26b35411ec2b797abf0ea8.jpeg

Kevil Hill is back open 

Starting from tomorrow the attraction will operate from 10am till 6pm 

6D914A31-220D-40DB-942C-DA5E89F82B22.thumb.jpeg.008d9f34d0d086830d8c830f5cf46a7a.jpeg25C82F93-314A-4B44-886F-942BD93CC857.thumb.jpeg.b7915939a2f0bfac6c4e0d7b5406c7d5.jpeg

Play School Ferris Wheel

4E2962EA-6250-4376-87CA-B176412B1744.thumb.jpeg.cab9ca011082d9a25f93fc4d7a4cbca4.jpeg06C713BE-4E1D-4EE4-AFE3-F527C6293DD8.thumb.jpeg.57d2637e1860f27bdbdbbce7ee32466d.jpeg8BE154BF-63FE-4F42-B7C1-1D4277D35E25.thumb.jpeg.b043016d8d4d09ea5e4df6217da3d81b.jpeg6D8BB7F3-7F53-40B5-A297-82FEA27EA305.thumb.jpeg.1d3adde6c6ff3ad8f8c3fadd8ca9f07d.jpeg

Updates on RHLR have been posted on it’s individual thread (EMMR deconstruction update will be uploaded later tonight)

The park has a few new shows that are being performed at the moment which is really good to see 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 3

Hopefully it won't be too long now till it reopens

(I'm not expecting an NY Day reopening for this unless they are working after hours and the rest of the major parts to come in I beg to differ. I'm feeling confident that it will be open before the holidays finish) 

I'm gonna say from what i'm seeing here that we got 30-25% work that needs to be completed 

IMG_7873.thumb.jpg.7604ee0aea09b4e6f9b1ab9a063eb22f.jpg

IMG_7874.thumb.jpg.ccac3ae06f4989ee98262828e3f1f007.jpgIMG_7877.thumb.jpg.2d08286ef1b32e666a3fec0830fcd483.jpgIMG_7879.thumb.jpg.54788bd5a4840b18ed1c660970f554e7.jpg

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 4

You certainly get the feeling that Ardent don’t really want to operate a theme park anymore (if they ever really did), and are very scared about actually operating rides. It’s a shame this was the way they reacted to the Thunder River tragedy. It feels that way to a lesser extent over at Village. Hopefully this passes. There have of course been some terrible accidents at parks overseas, even at Disney, but you don’t see those parks retreating from the industry. They learn from mistakes and then go on to get bigger and better.

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

You certainly get the feeling that Ardent don’t really want to operate a theme park anymore (if they ever really did), and are very scared about actually operating rides. It’s a shame this was the way they reacted to the Thunder River tragedy. It feels that way to a lesser extent over at Village. Hopefully this passes. There have of course been some terrible accidents at parks overseas, even at Disney, but you don’t see those parks retreating from the industry. They learn from mistakes and then go on to get bigger and better.

UPDATE: Looks like I might have spoken a bit too ‘soon’. Some good announcements from DW today. Hopefully the new Chairman will now live up to our initial expectations. I’d be very impressed if DW does go ahead with both the simulator and the dark ride, but they still need to get all of their existing rides up too, without destroying them in the process.

On 08/08/2017 at 1:18 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

Shame they aren't able to salvage those old ad vintage canvas somehow :( Some great Dreamworld history right there in that billboard! 

I could easily imagine them being auctioned off to a nostalgic theme park or Gold Coast historic collector for a small mint, which could then help the park with a much needed financial boost or donated to the DWF. 

DWF?

I just thought i'd add in the projects underway/opening next year so you can see how much DW is actually doing. (Includes Wipeout & RHLR)

1. Corroboree Stage 2.
  2. I-Ride.
  3. Dark Ride.
  4. WWW expansion.
  5. Playschool Wheel.
  6. Trolls.
  7. Giant Drop, New Look and Refurb.
  8. Removing the weird bridges and pathways.
  9. TRRR Removal.
  10. Wipeout.
  11. RHLR.
  12. Steam Train.

As well as a lot of other more projects for next year.

44 minutes ago, Minions! said:

I just thought i'd add in the projects underway/opening next year so you can see how much DW is actually doing. (Includes Wipeout & RHLR)

1. Corroboree Stage 2.
  2. I-Ride.
  3. Dark Ride.
  4. WWW expansion.
  5. Playschool Wheel.
  6. Trolls.
  7. Giant Drop, New Look and Refurb.
  8. Removing the weird bridges and pathways.
  9. TRRR Removal.
  10. Wipeout.
  11. RHLR.
  12. Steam Train.

As well as a lot of other more projects for next year.

The park was supposed to do Trolls, Log Ride, Wipeout & rumoured to do Steam Train this year, so there's four off the board right there already. Plus I can guarantee you the dark ride isn't going in until the i-Ride is built, so that's 2019.

The park has suffered immeasurably through, as they say, death by a thousand cuts, and to undo that damage, it'll take a thousand figurative band-aids, like fixing the weird bridges, none of which on their own deserve a pat on the back and should've either never happened or been fixed years ago (Chairlift stations etc.).

And old saying comes to mind, that is:

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

Craig Davidson & Gary Weiss would do well to keep this in mind with what they do with the park in the years ahead. This just isn't an industry that satiates short term investment. They're better tasked with creating something out of a fundamental desire to make something for future generations and families to enjoy and profiting off that in the long term (which is akin to what Clark Kirby is doing with the Village chain of parks or the Disney family by obvious extension) than scrambling at the last minute and putting cages on logs. 

On 22/09/2017 at 10:01 AM, themeparkaddict said:

More pushing back dates for major Dreamworld rides. TOT was due for tomorrow. This has now been pushed to the 1st October. 

Wipeout due for 26th October, pushed back to 31st October.

Gingy's pushed back for 1st October, was due tomorrow.

Honestly Dreamworld has some of the most inconsistent maintenance schedules. Very disappointing.

What is Gingys?

On 23/09/2017 at 12:55 PM, Brad2912 said:

Seems DCR is having the desired effect in drawing all the locals and tourists to MW

DW is deserted..  weekend and school holidays and no waits on any kids rides... great for my son and I, not so much for DW...

DCR? The new coaster?

On 28/09/2017 at 7:31 PM, Roachie said:

We'll have more and more middle class Chinese, and if the park doesn't at the minimum match some of their local park's offerings back home, there's a chance tourist groups may pick Village's combination of AOS, PC, TG & MW as a higher-end overall prospect. The risk is low for investment right now and there's so much opportunity for the taking too.

What are the acronyms for?

On 11/10/2017 at 1:08 AM, www worker 2.0 said:

So you would rather have wipeout run at the bare minimum? Look at who you work for you have had one ride run for 6 MONTHS + IN THE DARK!  

What are you on about?

On 22/10/2017 at 12:15 PM, Adventures With JWorld said:

Zombie Evilution with blindfolds? :P 

Me thinks it’s that they are gonna remove the TCK area as Zombie is gonna be open for the next Park After Dark 

TCK?

1 hour ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Dreamworld Wildlife Foundation 

Thank you for answering :)

15 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

What is Gingys?

DCR? The new coaster?

What are you on about?

TCK?

Thank you for answering :)

1. Gingy’s Glider

2. DC Rivals HyperCoaster 

3.Australia Outback Spectacular, Paradise Country, Top Golf, MW 

4. I have no clue on this one I’ll let someone answer this one 

5. Tiger Cub Kindy 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, razza1987 said:
On 28/09/2017 at 7:31 PM, Roachie said:

We'll have more and more middle class Chinese, and if the park doesn't at the minimum match some of their local park's offerings back home, there's a chance tourist groups may pick Village's combination of AOS, PC, TG & MW as a higher-end overall prospect. The risk is low for investment right now and there's so much opportunity for the taking too.

To speed up typing. And i'm lazy. And this is an enthusiast forum so everyone gets it. And those who don't ask.

Hopefully that answers your question. If it doesn't, you can get in touch with me by pressing Alt+F4.

39 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

1. Gingy’s Glider

2. DC Rivals HyperCoaster 

3.Australia Outback Spectacular, Paradise Country, Top Golf, MW 

4. I have no clue on this one I’ll let someone answer this one 

5. Tiger Cub Kindy 

Thank you so much for answering my many questions. I just went through the entire thread lol