Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

Today has been the busiest I have seen the park since the events of last year and I’m happy to see the park is back on the road of success

Queues for the rides have been pretty long  with TOT2 going all the way down to the skull 

Hope the big crowds continue after the holidays  finish

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

I have a feeling the surfboards might not come back. Since the audit and long period of downtime, they seem to have installed a new ladder and caging on the left arm structure, circled in red. I think it would just be in the way of the surfboard being there as the surfboard leans all the way up to the side against the motors. I do hope they come back though. Time will tell! 

6C79983A-38E1-4216-ABC8-0C3D8D5B0A5E.jpeg

16 hours ago, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

I have a feeling the surfboards might not come back. Since the audit and long period of downtime, they seem to have installed a new ladder and caging on the left arm structure, circled in red. I think it would just be in the way of the surfboard being there as the surfboard leans all the way up to the side against the motors. I do hope they come back though. Time will tell! 

6C79983A-38E1-4216-ABC8-0C3D8D5B0A5E.jpeg

You could be right there. Hopefully they both do return though 

F6E315B8-54B8-401C-BF90-35736B5ED29F.thumb.jpeg.b41e55333aadb1835a052c6f0c32cfb6.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Managed to get footage of the ride testing

Does appear that the ride has new ride cycle in place (must say though, pretty disappointed in seeing that the ride doesn’t go upside down that much, hell looking at the footage again, I don’t even think it goes upside down) 

Apologies for them pesky fingers getting in the way! 

Cheers @Adventures With JWorld - you da real MVP.

I'm going to be blindly optimistic and hope it's not a real cycle they're going to have when it's open to guests, because if so, the lack of iconic Wipeout moments (the opposite twisting arms into an inversion & and the locked inversion into a free-spin) and just in general not going upside down at all will disappoint guests as much as Scooby's lack of theming does. This is an iconic super-flip model, not doing inversions just plain defeats the purpose of having it round (for those unaware of its history, I highly recommend this Park Vault article for more information.)

If this is the best it can do with its retrofit, it should've been bulldozed.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

Don’t worry, this is just one of many cycles built into the Wipeout. When it had it’s last refurb back in 2014, I was there during the first initial testing phase. This is the first and exact same cycle they tested on for days to wear the motors in and to manually test the arms and docking the gondola. Once they are satisfied with the motors capabilities and the way the gondola stops etc they will begin to change the cycle to more intense ones, I believe there are 5-7 cycles built into the ride. If you notice in this video, when it stops ready to do the double backflip, the left arm did not position itself correctly and was too high, therefore the double backflip didnt happen and the gearboxes didnt like it and failed to complete the double backflip with some groaning noises. Then at the very end the left arm did not stop where it was suppose too and went too far out and had to be manually positioned to the home position. With a new ride operating system, motors, gearboxes and many other parts it will take time for the system and parts to wear  themselves in again and lots of testing. Keep an eye on the ride, cycles will change to more intense ones when they feel it is ready to handle the pressure, same as last time :) Feel free to speak to one of the engineers or mechanics floating around, they are always happy to discuss and tell you what’s going on.

That's re-assuring. Here's hoping you're on the money (especially with a name like @WipeoutDreamworldFan no less, hah.)

16 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Is it just me or does the wipeout actually look better without the waves and name on top of the gondola? I think it looks much more modern.

I personally prefer it with the waves on top.

7 hours ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

F1DF57CF-7064-49AA-A2EE-E3680BF23CD3.thumb.jpeg.aded3c48a162562d97c38b50abcf5e11.jpeg771DBA65-BC3F-418F-9F2F-41525FC26F00.thumb.jpeg.10c17703581b8d8dc69f47e4bfa91250.jpegD3EC30D6-7318-4F85-9E44-0C2D88304714.thumb.jpeg.108c9e098ff15f00aa5c424eec1e4f27.jpeg

Why is this taking so long😤😤

I was just thinking why doesn’t dreamworld just retheme MDMC to ABC kids and extend that area out, then add another rollercoaster to keep the “big 9” and list MDMC as a family ride.

2 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

I was just thinking why doesn’t dreamworld just retheme MDMC to ABC kids and extend that area out, then add another rollercoaster to keep the “big 9” and list MDMC as a family ride.

Because ABC Kids world isn’t about family rides, it’s about toddler/kids rides (ie 2-10). MDMC doesn’t suit this demographic at all. 

The “BIG 9” doesn’t have to exclude family rides. Whilst MDMC wouldn’t be considered a thrill ride to me, it would be a an older child/young teenager 

• Like 1

Saying ABC Kids World should have a coaster in it is a bit of a stretch. The area is pretty much strictly for little kids, no older than 6. Most, if not all of the people in ABC Kids World's target demographic aren't even tall enough to ride the coaster, not even in the sidecar. The park can't really integrate the coaster into the motorsports area or the Dreamworks area either, because of its distance from both of those places. So, for the time being, MDMC will probably sit in its current position, untouched and in isolation, without neighbouring (larger) rides nearby.

12 hours ago, Roachie said:

Here's a query in regards to all the "DANGER CONSTRUCTION SITE" signs - I might be wrong but when it comes to say Disney building things in their theme parks, there isn't these signs littered on the fences. What's the difference here?

I've only been to Disney once so have no clue but just an idea, could Disney do a double fence? A fence with the construction warning signs around the construction areas and then another nicer looking fence around that whole area with theme to keep it 'nice'?

Redundant and waste of money, but thats Disney isn't it?