Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

38 minutes ago, Naazon said:

I've only been to Disney once so have no clue but just an idea, could Disney do a double fence? A fence with the construction warning signs around the construction areas and then another nicer looking fence around that whole area with theme to keep it 'nice'?

Redundant and waste of money, but thats Disney isn't it?

I think the biggest difference is Australian vs American Construction Law. Australia probably has some policies that say that you clearly need to state it's construction, etc.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Roachie said:

Here's a query in regards to all the "DANGER CONSTRUCTION SITE" signs - I might be wrong but when it comes to say Disney building things in their theme parks, there isn't these signs littered on the fences. What's the difference here?

Health and safety laws require that people on or near construction sites are warned of all hazardous activities taking place. Before any construction work begins, builders must ensure that an adequate number of general safety signs, depending on the size and complexity of the job site, are erected at the workplace.

A work health and safety (WHS) management plan is also required.

According to current health and safety laws, before work begins the builder (i.e. the principal contractor) must prepare a WHS management plan for any workplace where the value of construction work exceeds $250,000.

These are Queensland laws and all states differ.  Apparently, us Queenslanders need to be told a construction site can be dangerous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Health and safety laws require that people on or near construction sites are warned of all hazardous activities taking place. Before any construction work begins, builders must ensure that an adequate number of general safety signs, depending on the size and complexity of the job site, are erected at the workplace.

A work health and safety (WHS) management plan is also required.

According to current health and safety laws, before work begins the builder (i.e. the principal contractor) must prepare a WHS management plan for any workplace where the value of construction work exceeds $250,000.

These are Queensland laws and all states differ.  Apparently, us Queenslanders need to be told a construction site can be dangerous.

It is most likely that Dreamworld is using that as the gate into the construction site, where as Disney put up a nice fence for guest to see and the access points would be backstage but look very similar.

34 minutes ago, joel said:

It is most likely that Dreamworld is using that as the gate into the construction site, where as Disney put up a nice fence for guest to see and the access points would be backstage but look very similar.

It's pretty much this. I remember seeing construction zones backstage for the Frozen Ever After ride at EPCOT when I worked there. I didn't see what signs they had up exactly because I never had to go past that area (I could see them from the area I had to walk through to get to my break room), but I do recall seeing some signs on the fence that was at the entrance to the construction zone. All the access points will be from some backstage area.

• Like 1

Disneyland don't always double fence. 

Temporary fence with doors and no signage.

1.thumb.JPG.d1e2831119172cb221fb4955a366ed7b.JPG

Same doors painted yellow from inside the site.

2.thumb.JPG.150f51be8382523b3c9e99c63566da13.JPG

On 1/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, Roachie said:

Cheers @Adventures With JWorld - you da real MVP.

I'm going to be blindly optimistic and hope it's not a real cycle they're going to have when it's open to guests, because if so, the lack of iconic Wipeout moments (the opposite twisting arms into an inversion & and the locked inversion into a free-spin) and just in general not going upside down at all will disappoint guests as much as Scooby's lack of theming does. This is an iconic super-flip model, not doing inversions just plain defeats the purpose of having it round (for those unaware of its history, I highly recommend this Park Vault article for more information.)

If this is the best it can do with its retrofit, it should've been bulldozed.

Today

7.thumb.JPG.0103a4d82350976b68a7513ad91bde02.JPG8.thumb.JPG.69840ed21d31c445237f3a84b52572c9.JPG

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Glubbo said:

TPG has posted an update with all 6 gondolas installed. Looks pretty good!

I hink it looks good and all that but, i think it looks very cramped into that space, very cramped, it will be a good addition into the kids area but i think personaly it looks very cramped

13 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

I hink it looks good and all that but, i think it looks very cramped into that space, very cramped, it will be a good addition into the kids area but i think personaly it looks very cramped

What else is supposed to be there? Why spend more money on expanding the land when it's a perfect fit already?

Dreamworld has already made it pretty clear that their intention, at least in the short to medium term, is not to compete with Movieworld on thrills and coasters. 

They are focusing on the family and experienced market. 

With Ardent’s long term involvement with DW far from certain, they won’t be dropping $40m+ on a coaster 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joel said:

I believe the only way for Dreamworld to beat movieworld is to build the biggest and best roller coaster in Australia to knock Dc rivals away. It would be the third in the world. A Rocky Mountain construction, single rail coaster would be amazing, however the cost to build it would be massive.

A Raptor coaster is not the biggest and the best and would never knock off Rivals.  To add to this the wait times would be painful. 

• Like 1

You’d need a pretty damn good RMC to beat Rivals... a raptor certainly won’t cut that. DW are going in the right direction with the family experiences since it’s something that isn’t too hard to beat MW at.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

A Raptor coaster is not the biggest and the best and would never knock off Rivals.  To add to this the wait times would be painful. 

The capacity is probably no worse than Buzzsaw, ToT or Tail Spin though 😉

Regrading towards if DW needs to build a roller coaster to compete with Rivals..

I personally think that DW going through the family market at the moment is a great idea imo

Personally as much some people would like to see some friendly competition between DW and MW with thrills. I don’t want to see DW following MW’s shoes, I would like to see DW be diverse with their offering/attractions as possible than what MW have been in recent years as MW doesn’t appear to be showing strong interest with the family market atm.

Sure, people these days are always looking for the biggest thrills but I feel like with the success that Rivals has brought, I think it’s safe to say we don’t really need to see any “major thrill ride” for maybe 5-10 years 

I personally think the I-Ride theatre will be a success for the park, the concept of it is fantastic and I strongly believe if they continue to build attractions that can appeal to everyone like this then my faith in the park will be skyrocketing through the roof.

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

I personally think the I-Ride theatre will be a success for the park, the concept of it is fantastic and I strongly believe if they continue to build attractions that can appeal to everyone like this then my faith in the park will be skyrocketing through the roof.

Agreed. And if they can get a decent dark ride going, the park will well and truly be back on track. I do think there will need to be some sort of full circuit coaster at some stage in the next few years though. Doesn't have to be massive or expensive, just something clever, that will get noticed, and with reasonably broad appeal.

Edited by GoGoBoy

• 1 month later...

As good a time as any to wrap things up here. This thread has more than run its course. Feel free to carry on discussion at the below links:

Gold Rush demolition: https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/8186-gold-rush-demolition-at-dreamworld/
Dreamworld Corroboree works: https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/8187-dreamworld-corroboree-stage-2/

Remember, no mega-topics. Don't be afraid to start a new topic to talk about new things major or minor!