Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

So 2 week ago when Craig fronted the media and announced this new Trolls attraction (yes I know he didn’t name the license) would be open for the school holidays - he did so without having a pre-approval for the design concept from Dreamworks? 

Im hoping your info is rubbish - or else you can’t just add that to another stupid decision by DW.

As for the floating cage going down the river - I’m calling complete rubbish on that one. Had a similar so-called redundancy existed on TRR we would have had 6 casualties. Sounds entirely ridiculous 

The following quote from Craig wasn't included in the final published interview.

That area there is a new Dreamworks mini precinct that we hope to launch early next year. We haven't publicised it yet because we're still finalising the details with DreamWorks. [It'll have] a life span of about twelve months so it carries through Christmas next year.
[...]
We're working with DreamWorks but also Universal Studios as the parent so the requirements they have in terms of how the brands are portrayed are high.

If you're reading between the lines, it sounds like they were originally aiming to launch this Christmas but it was knocked back by Universal/DreamWorks. Certainly they wouldn't be so far advanced with construction if it were always planned as an Easter addition.

Seems ridiculous to even mention it at all, given the info was vague and it’s not happening for the holiday period. 

Next thing RHLR will get delayed. 

Total cycle of disappointment. 

The least they can do is at least bring back something like the fire show from last summer as some sort of excitement for bring people in 

I made my first trip to Dreamworld in a couple of years over the weekend.  It was a family trip, I didn't have my "enthusiast" goggles on. I went with my 9-year-old daughter, who met the height for everything, and my 6-year-old daughter, with a slightly more limited height, but past ABC Kids stage.  

We hadn't been to any parks in the last 12 months, and prior to that had passes to MW/SW/WW.  

We only wanted to go for a couple of hours, so we mainly just hung out in the Dreamworks area and Ocean Parade.  Construction and closures aside, I think as a whole, the place looks a lot fresher than it used to.  

As criticised as it gets, there is WAY more for my family to do at Dreamworld than Movie World.  In the short time we were there, the kids went on most of the Dreamworks rides, the eldest loved being big enough to ride the motorbike on motor coaster (younger could go sidecar), and eldest was allowed to pick 2 thrill rides and went for Shockwave and Claw.  (The tickets were a gift to my younger daughter, so she was in charge of planning activities for this particular visit).  At MovieWorld, the oldest could only do Wild West and Scooby (didn't like any of the WB Kids rides), and even my youngest wasn't sold on the WB Kids rides.

I know they can't compete with the thrills across the road, so I really think they need to promote the 'family fun' element.  My kids can't wait to go back.

On the safety issue - the extra strap on Shockwave seemed to slow down the loading process, but the line was short enough it wasn't too much of an issue.  The extra chest strap on Puss in Boots Swing seemed overly excessive to me, and I thought it looked more dangerous than it was worth, it was nearly sitting on my younger child's neck, rather than across her chest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Very sad to see that theyappear not to be running any Beat Box or Fire Machine style events this year. I am sure they had started by this time the last two years, and those really were exciting experiences.

Christmas schedule runs until the 25/Boxing Day Period. Once that date the new shows, events, themes etc. Will Be announced and put into the parks daily operations. And Yes that does include Kevil Hill which is opening around that date.

1 minute ago, Minions! said:

Christmas schedule runs until the 25/Boxing Day Period. Once that date the new shows, events, themes etc. Will Be announced and put into the parks daily operations. And Yes that does include Kevil Hill which is opening around that date.

But nothing to compare with the two night entertainment experiences I mentioned.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Last year they didn’t announce it until December 16, so there is still a chance they will. It has been very successful the last two years, so I’d be surprised if we didn’t see it return, or the park didn’t extend their hours 

Fairly sure they're just doing 9-6 this year.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Last year they didn’t announce it until December 16, so there is still a chance they will. It has been very successful the last two years, so I’d be surprised if we didn’t see it return, or the park didn’t extend their hours 

Oh! I am surprised. I thought they started at least building it by this time in December though.