Fright Nights 2017

themagician

1 minute ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Are you even allowed to say this information? O.o 

They never told us we couldn't hahahaha. Besides I don't think I got in (they will contact the actors late this week). Plus no one has really bothered to read what I've posted earlier about what I discovered walking past the costume racks...

7 minutes ago, jacob15 said:

They never told us we couldn't hahahaha. Besides I don't think I got in (they will contact the actors late this week). Plus no one has really bothered to read what I've posted earlier about what I discovered walking past the costume racks...

Doesn't mean no one has read it. It is kind of common sense. When you go behind scenes somewhere you don't go giving away all their secrets. If i was them and I brought a group of people in for auditions backstage, then saw that one of those people posted information that was not suppose to be public knowledge at the time, Id probably get rid of their application.

They had the same issue with someone last year.

Edited by JaggedJanine
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Yeah you could be right haha I am wondering where they would even fit the extra 2 mazes seeing as the studios are out of action again this year (I think). 

It's been discussed to death that the studios are out of action this year due to filming commitments as it was last time. Hence the need for the two new sheds last year. 

5 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Are you even allowed to say this information? O.o 

Every year without fail there's always one idiot who pops up on Parkz and claims they've been to an audition or their friend went and told them all the maze details etc. 

The problem (I assume) for Parkz then is that if they delete the post, they can be seen as confirming the information. If they let it sit there, the park may not be happy about information being posted (assuming for a minute that it's accurate) however, given the majority of long standing members on here know this years mazes and aren't saying anything one way or the other, means that this becomes idle speculation of some random kid who claims to know what's going on this week at one of the GC parks. 

It's quite possibly also a very easy test from the park to determine who can and can't be trusted. If someone posts information about something they saw behind the scenes, there's a good chance they can't be trusted not to reveal things if they got through the application process. 

Now some may not agree with me on this. Admins, I'm looking at you on this :P but, in my opinion, if you're back of house for any reason and you see something that isn't public information, at no point should it become public information unless specifically advised you are permitted to make it so. 

• Like 2

Every year there is someone who comes on here and shares inside info from whatever source. 

Then every year the same people come on here all buthurt they weren't the special ones to release the inside info, or upset that they aren't special 'knowing something you don't know'. 

If you didn't sign a NDA and you don't have a contract forbidding you from sharing info go for it!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, djrappa said:

Then every year the same people come on here all buthurt they weren't the special ones to release the inside info, or upset that they aren't special 'knowing something you don't know'. 

All right, I'll bite, just because I'm curious to see the thought process here.

So you're calling out myself, @xRazzBerryx, and @JaggedJanine as being the "same people" coming on here "all butthurt" etc. (potentially just myself and Janine, don't know enough about razzberry to know if they said anything in the past).

So how exactly does not sharing information due to personal choices, then sharing our opinions that the information shouldn't be shared make us "all butthurt"? Are we not permitted to share a view contrary to your own? 

Well firstly, I didn't call out anyone member so if you feel you fall into the category of "every year" then that already says something. 

People can have other opinions, this is a discussion board. But having an opinion and telling someone not to do something are two different things. 

What I question are people's motives...

I've seen time and time again a member sharing some goss they have or inside info and then others shooting me down. 

It's my opinion that those people shooting down are more put out that they don't get to be special anymore by "knowing something you don't know" and worried about themselves not getting special favours from people that they believe they are all 'in' with in the parks, than they are objecting due to some kind of moral code. 

I say this is an enthusiast forum and if you know something and there is no legal obligation stopping you from doing so, share away!

• Like 2

Despite the website being really slow, I eventually managed to get through to the ticket purchase page, and it seems pricing has gone up and now ranges from $40 to $60 (Last year it was $30 to $50).

Also adding to my earlier comment about DC Rivals, it also says:

If the DC Rivals HyperCoaster is operational during Fright Nights it will not be eligible for Fast Track.

Edited by themagician

27 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Well firstly, I didn't call out anyone member so if you feel you fall into the category of "every year" then that already says something. 

Well there's only been 3 of us post prior to your comments, so it was a fair assumption. 

28 minutes ago, djrappa said:

I say this is an enthusiast forum and if you know something and there is no legal obligation stopping you from doing so, share away!

What about a moral one? Or is it easier for you to take the view of 'share away' because your work NDA covers all the stuff you want to share?

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

Despite the website being really slow, I eventually managed to get through to the ticket purchase page, and it seems pricing has gone up and now ranges from $40 to $60 (Last year it was $30 to $50)

I got to the checkout and the payment processing timed out. 

Ultimate Terror starts at $150 and goes up to $180 for the 28th. Does not mention access to the cast briefing at the start of the night, hopefully it is still included.

Was surprised to see the season pass available immediately, and at $80. Already purchased mine.

Edited by Jordan M.

2 hours ago, Reanimated35 said:

What about a moral one?

Pretty sure I covered my thoughts on that. 

What is immoral about sharing information that is legitimate to share? I've said it about 1000 times, the park saying "shhh keep it to yourself" is 100% about making people feel warm, fuzzy and special and 0% about stopping information leaking out. They definitely expect it to get out. Which is why they don't actually reveal anything secret to the likes of enthusiasts. 

If I had info I could share and not get sued I most certainly would. 

• Like 3

I can't help but notice that Movie World has used the quote "if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to  fear"  on facebook when advertising tickets. This quote is very similar to the Nazi World War II propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels quote "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear", so probably not the best quote to use.

Edited by GC Theme Parks

Most likely going to attend FN this year for the first time ever. I'm looking into the VIP Ultimate Terror Tour. Does the UTT ticket include entry into Fright Nights? Or will I have to buy a separate admission ticket for Fright Nights, on top of the UTT. I'm not a Village Theme Parks Premium or Elite Member, so I won't be able to 'redeem' a ticket.

The website does say "Park entry not included in The Ultimate Terror Tour". Does that mean park entry during day time, or park entry to Fright Nights?

Edited by Luke

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Most likely going to attend FN this year for the first time ever. I'm looking into the VIP Ultimate Terror Tour. Does the UTT ticket include entry into Fright Nights? Or will I have to buy a separate admission ticket for Fright Nights, on top of the UTT. It's unclear on the website.

I'm not a Village Theme Parks Premium or Elite Member, so I won't be able to 'redeem' a ticket.

You're right. It is very unclear on their site. In my opinion they should put it directly above the "buy now" button on the terror tour page. 

Park entry not included in The Ultimate Terror Tour.

Screenshot_20170830-104712.thumb.png.0986e721f6c8a9ea5c5ff2bc4b738d34.png

Edited by Reanimated35

20 minutes ago, GC Theme Parks said:

I can't help but notice that Movie World has used the quote "if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to  fear"  on facebook when advertising tickets. This quote is very similar to the Nazi World War II propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels quote "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear", so probably not the best quote to use.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid thing to say.  My mother would say the same thing when she wanted to check if I had done my homework.  The same quote is used everywhere for all different reasons. 

@Reanimated35 Sorry I was still editing my post when you replied. I indeed did see the "Park entry not included in The Ultimate Terror Tour" statement above the buy tix button. I just wanted to confirm that it meant park entry to Fright Nights, rather than park entry during the day?

Edited by Luke