Sign in to follow this  
Aw hype

Gumbaya coaster?

15 posts in this topic

I wish Mark could clarify whether we are getting a coster or not.. Most reports just mentioned rides, and i had seen one report that said a roller coaster.

Then i saw the accomodation planned and after thinking 50 million was plenty for one killer coaster, a couple great flats and refurb, i realised it was very unlikely. All that money is going to go to the hotel.

In any case, if we do get a small coaster i would love it to be something australia doesn't have. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Well given Mark has a $50 million budget to work with, almost anything could be on the table.

However, given Gumbuya World is probably aimed at being a smaller family park, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaster is a Mack powered coaster or some other equivalent. Nothing to see here, move on.

14 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Well given Mark has a $50 million budget to work with, almost anything could be on the table.

However, given Gumbuya World is probably aimed at being a smaller family park, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaster is a Mack powered coaster or some other equivalent. Nothing to see here, move on.

Thats a bit dismissive.

(To tell people to move along based on your opinion of what the park will be)

The plans shown to date had a giant Boomerango for instance, which is a big ass slide that isn't for little kids.

I wouldn't expect anything massive at all for the coaster. Surely the biggest thing would be about the size of a eurofighter. Would be pleasantly surprised if it's even that big.

Still a very exciting development. I'm not in the 'nothing to see here' camp, how many parks outside of China have opened with a massive coaster?

On 28/09/2017 at 11:57 PM, Tim Dasco said:

$50 million is stage 1 I believe which includes a hotel. So don't expect a big Hyper coaster. 

$50 million to develop an entire amusementpark, hotel and waterpark is that even possible to do.

27 minutes ago, Gazza said:

They did WWW for $60m in 2006.

You are forgetting inflation from the past 11 years and the fact that WWW does not have a hotel or include the cost of an amusement park 50 million is not possible everything they want.

• Fountain of Improbability 1

All

Just to clarify my role with GW was very brief given my new role commitments. I had no (zero) input into ride procurement as most of this had been done prior to my arrival (which is a shame, let's leave it at that) The water slides etc are all top notch product from WWW but I would have purchased the theming packages that can go with some products. 

I had no input into theming either (except possibly the water park element). I guided them on the name change and some operational stuff/POS systems etc. 

No doubt some of you will comment accordingly when you visit in December (?). Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised. 

P.S. Sydneys Wet n Wild was over $125m and well,  um?   last time I checked SWWW had the 2nd lowest Trip A reviews tally of any significant Park in Oz. Guess who was bottom? There may be a new challenger for the bottom spot soon! 

Mark 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Theme Park said:

You are forgetting inflation from the past 11 years and the fact that WWW does not have a hotel or include the cost of an amusement park 50 million is not possible everything they want.

No I'm not forgetting at all actually.

What do you think the gist of my post was?