Gumbaya coaster?

Aw hype

I wish Mark could clarify whether we are getting a coster or not.. Most reports just mentioned rides, and i had seen one report that said a roller coaster.

Then i saw the accomodation planned and after thinking 50 million was plenty for one killer coaster, a couple great flats and refurb, i realised it was very unlikely. All that money is going to go to the hotel.

In any case, if we do get a small coaster i would love it to be something australia doesn't have. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• 4 weeks later...

Well given Mark has a $50 million budget to work with, almost anything could be on the table.

However, given Gumbuya World is probably aimed at being a smaller family park, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaster is a Mack powered coaster or some other equivalent. Nothing to see here, move on.

14 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Well given Mark has a $50 million budget to work with, almost anything could be on the table.

However, given Gumbuya World is probably aimed at being a smaller family park, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaster is a Mack powered coaster or some other equivalent. Nothing to see here, move on.

Thats a bit dismissive.

(To tell people to move along based on your opinion of what the park will be)

The plans shown to date had a giant Boomerango for instance, which is a big ass slide that isn't for little kids.

I wouldn't expect anything massive at all for the coaster. Surely the biggest thing would be about the size of a eurofighter. Would be pleasantly surprised if it's even that big.

Still a very exciting development. I'm not in the 'nothing to see here' camp, how many parks outside of China have opened with a massive coaster?

All

Just to clarify my role with GW was very brief given my new role commitments. I had no (zero) input into ride procurement as most of this had been done prior to my arrival (which is a shame, let's leave it at that) The water slides etc are all top notch product from WWW but I would have purchased the theming packages that can go with some products. 

I had no input into theming either (except possibly the water park element). I guided them on the name change and some operational stuff/POS systems etc. 

No doubt some of you will comment accordingly when you visit in December (?). Hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised. 

P.S. Sydneys Wet n Wild was over $125m and well,  um?   last time I checked SWWW had the 2nd lowest Trip A reviews tally of any significant Park in Oz. Guess who was bottom? There may be a new challenger for the bottom spot soon! 

Mark 

• Like 4