Luna Park Sydney's expansion

Nimble

There has been a fourm post from @Jobe's account about Luna Park Sydney's new ride expansion. I posted on it, but then realised nobody has used it since July. So I decided to make a new one. I will also put my reply of @Jobe's one into this. Enjoy

Hi there,

I am new to ParkZ, but have been reading @Jobe's LPS fourms for a while now. I have a Gold Annual Pass and go to LPS every Sunday at 10:00 AM for an hour and a half, (I went today because its Sunday) and the first thing I have noticed is the lighthouse is now just some wooden frames. I asked the staff at Guest Relations and it is being taken down due to wind damage (because of all the wind last week) and water spray from storms.

I also noticed, while on the Wild Mouse, The Flying Saucer's spot has got stars painted on the walls, and they repainted the New York skyline. Last week, sadly, I noticed that the Ranger is closed again and is still closed. The Spider/Breakdance's music system (or whatever it is called) is broken. The music kept turning on and off while loading people on and did not play at all during the ride. I have also seen some of the paint has fallen off and it is now showing it's original paint. Some gondolas have been taken off the Ferris Wheel for repairs. Every week there is gondolas being taken off and put back on. Also, with the ferris wheel, the light bulbs have been taken off. (just a last minute edit...)DAZ81BCUAAAfQhG.jpg:large

In this photo, you can see there are gondolas missing (above the red one over the carousel).

The face also needs some work. They are working on the spires, which are now next to the Rotor. (I actually like it because it kinda looks like its the 80's.) There is also moss growing on the forehead and nose, and under the nose paint coming off (making it look like snot...). I have also noticed that on the bottom of the face, a hole has formed and a water bottle is trapped in the eyelashes. I hope LPS does not hesitate to work on the face (Like LPM did.) I have been to LPM and got the book. It is more of facts and photos than the LPS book, but it does say "The last time the face had a revamp, Mr Moon looked like he was a man who had barely escaped a house fire". I would hate tourists at the opera house, looking over at LPS like "That is one giant, ugly face" I hope all these are fixed in the next 5 years.

Anyway, Thanks for reading this. :)  (should I use these old emoticons?)

On 12/07/2017 at 6:49 PM, Jobe said:

5965e14cbb3c2_LPSLighthouse.thumb.JPG.9295b2bc88be64fa8826124793b06311.JPG

5965e18249e22_LPSBuildingworks.thumb.JPG.306f731321b407d657ec593e297f9313.JPG

Wait, is the lighthouse turning into a helter skelter? NO!

I found a video by someone I have seen in the line for the Wild Mouse a lot! It has revealed that the first three rides will be a flying carousel/Wave Swinger, a Wild Cat and a new Big Dipper! The Ranger will also be replaced with a new version!

This is the video!

The Wild Cat should be similar to this!

Edited by Nimble

Sounds like complete bullshit.

The Wildcat is a 40+ year old ride, no longer in production. It would be a massive step backwards for any park, let alone LPS, to buy an old ride like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat.

The only ride that has actually been confirmed is the flying carousel. While I'd like to see another Big Dipper, it won't happen because of how little space they have to work with.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

22 hours ago, Nimble said:

I found a video by someone I have seen in the line for the Wild Mouse a lot! It has revealed that the first three rides will be a flying carousel/Wave Swinger, a Wild Cat and a new Big Dipper! The Ranger will also be replaced with a new version!

This is the video!

The Wild Cat should be similar to this!

Oh my god.....all credibility has gone out the window...................Seriously!!!!

On 02/09/2017 at 4:54 PM, Jobe said:

Oh my god.....all credibility has gone out the window...................Seriously!!!!

Uhh... I don't get it...

On 02/09/2017 at 8:43 AM, XxMrYoshixX said:

Sounds like complete (Please do not say that again...)

The Wildcat is a 40+ year old ride, no longer in production. It would be a massive step backwards for any park, let alone LPS, to buy an old ride like a Schwarzkopf Wildcat.

The only ride that has actually been confirmed is the flying carousel. While I'd like to see another Big Dipper, it won't happen because of how little space they have to work with.

(Please keep this forum clean) But I didn't know what was about those WildCats. Anyway, I have seen the kid actually working at Luna Park, so I kinda trusted him...

Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense now in context. That's actually really great that Luna Park is supporting Mathew and helping him live out his dreams, and it's of great to see someone so young who has an interest in Luna Park and the theme park industry in general. Apologies to Mathew and @Nimble, hope to see him working there someday soon!! 

As for the upcoming Flying Carousel, I do agree that the Zierer models look better, however the Zamperla model is a solid choice. The Zamperla rides are cheap (or cheaper than other models), have great capacity and very reliable.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jobe said:

Nimble I was merely reflecting on the fact that you immediately took for gospel information regarding the park as truth straight away. If you want to be taken seriously on the boards you may need to learn to apply a filter, that's all. Happy to see someone so obviously young with a healthy love of Luna Park though so please do not stop your interest.:)

I can't seem to find out how to add a filter into a forum... Am I not searching enough or is it hard to find...

Anyway, thanks! And I am young and have a lot of homework and school, so sorry if I can't reply!

(I keep forgetting to get a photo of the removal of the lighthouse. Sorry!)

I'm sorry about that, jumping to conclusions and calling BS on something I couldn't understand. Up until a year ago, I was falsely diagnosed with autism (I'm 17 now), and as a result of that I've gotten to know countless autistic kids who are just like Matthew. This kid has got heaps to learn - maybe one day he will join the forums when he's a bit older to share information with us old folks! I'd love to meet this guy in person, he sounds like a great kid.

• Like 1

From what i've heard LPS has the funds to spend money on new machines, which is great. I'm not always negative towards the park, its just a shame to see a great place diminish slightly. Melbourne Luna Park is even worse. I'm honestly glad they invested money in the Ranger, as we all know HUSS rides aren't cheap to maintain.

I do believe Zierer make larger capacity swingers, but Zamperla does have a good reputation within parks and travelling shows.

Will be interesting to see how the ride does once installed, hopefully residents behind the park don't have something to complain about once again. 

Edited by HussRainbow87

I have brought this sale to the forum's attention a few times. Like what HussRainbow said, a showman was interested in the ride but pulled out at the last minute, going back up on Rides4u in the following days. It is now likely to remain at the park for the forseeable future until it gets sold again or has its date with the scrapper.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

11 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

@HussRainbow87 would you happen to know who the Showman was? I'm quite interested to know as then you could probably pinpoint what shows it would have done, etc. 

To be honest, I think the company would rather remain anonymous, but I know it would have been a major hire job attraction. It probably would have been too old to run at the Major capital shows, but who knows, seeing as Zipper still does Sydney! I wish more classics were at the capitals

11 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I have brought this sale to the forum's attention a few times. Like what HussRainbow said, a showman was interested in the ride but pulled out at the last minute, going back up on Rides4u in the following days. It is now likely to remain at the park for the forseeable future until it gets sold again or has its date with the scrapper.

From what we were told, LPS pulled out, retracting the sale, that's why i'm still confused at to why the advert is still up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

To be honest, I think the company would rather remain anonymous, but I know it would have been a major hire job attraction. It probably would have been too old to run at the Major capital shows, but who knows, seeing as Zipper still does Sydney! I wish more classics were at the capitals

Thanks for the info! As for classics, hopefully we get to see TPA's Turbo at some majors next year. Can't wait to ride that beast!

1 minute ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

Thanks for the info! As for classics, hopefully we get to see TPA's Turbo at some majors next year. Can't wait to ride that beast!

I wouldn't hold your breath on TURBO, i'd also love to see it back, but when and if it does eventually get out, it will most likely be a TPA Christmas job and other hire spots around Victoria. I got to do early designs for the artwork (middle panels) but its all been put on hold for the moment.

• Like 1