Luna Park Sydney's expansion

Nimble

17 hours ago, Nimble said:

Yeah, but I don't know what they'd make if they were changing the city background.

I reckon a nicely painted backdrop of a blue sky with clouds could look really nice to fit with the actual meaning of 'Volare', which is fly. Also would suit with the parks aesthetic as well. Either that or a painted wooden 'wall' to fit with the wooden flooring with windows in which depict blue skies and clouds looking out, just an idea.

Also been curious about this for a little while, this video in which LPS posted onto their instagram

Is this a clue to the other rides we may be getting as a part of this expansion plan? I really hope the first visual will be replacing the Ranger. Interesting thing I noticed too is the first visual is the same as a ride at LP Melbourne. 

5 hours ago, mason said:

Is this a clue to the other rides we may be getting as a part of this expansion plan? I really hope the first visual will be replacing the Ranger. Interesting thing I noticed too is the first visual is the same as a ride at LP Melbourne. 

Well, the only thrill ride there is the ride at LPM, so I don't think that's going to happen because it's basically the ranger but with tighter restraints. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nimble said:

Well, the only thrill ride there is the ride at LPM, so I don't think that's going to happen because it's basically the ranger but with tighter restraints. 

Well we all know the ranger isn't it top notch condition and they were looking to sell it a couple months ago so its not totally off the table. I mean why would they of created random visuals just to create more hype>dissapointment

6 hours ago, mason said:

I reckon a nicely painted backdrop of a blue sky with clouds could look really nice to fit with the actual meaning of 'Volare', which is fly. Also would suit with the parks aesthetic as well. Either that or a painted wooden 'wall' to fit with the wooden flooring with windows in which depict blue skies and clouds looking out, just an idea.

Also been curious about this for a little while, this video in which LPS posted onto their instagram

I think you may be reading to much into this. I am pretty sure its not meant to represent any of the new rides that are planned for LPS

• Like 2

On 06/03/2019 at 6:06 PM, Nimble said:

Only thrill ride? Are you forgetting the classic HUSS machine Enterprise? 😋

On 06/03/2019 at 6:19 PM, mason said:

Well we all know the ranger isn't it top notch condition and they were looking to sell it a couple months ago so its not totally off the table. I mean why would they of created random visuals just to create more hype>dissapointment

Still wish it would go to a showman, but its just soo big, and hard to move that nobody wants to take the risk. I think it would do fantastically at a place like Funfields, especially that they have experience with HUSS, so it would fit nicely down here in Victoria. Can only hope, but with Voodoo, it would never happen. Maybe Wittingslow should buy it back, come full circle and bring back an original purchase of theirs from Expo 88

• Like 1

Just now, HussRainbow87 said:

Still wish it would go to a showman, but its just soo big, and hard to move that nobody wants to take the risk. I think it would do fantastically at a place like Funfields, especially that they have experience with HUSS, so it would fit nicely down here in Victoria. Can only hope, but with Voodoo, it would never happen. Maybe Wittingslow should buy it back, come full circle and bring back an original purchase of theirs from Expo 88

If not FunFields then perhaps Adventure Park or even Gumbuya World would be a good fit. It would be nice to see it stay in Australia.

Just now, Jobe said:

If not FunFields then perhaps Adventure Park or even Gumbuya World would be a good fit. It would be nice to see it stay in Australia.

I honestly think it has a lot of life left in it, it just needs the TLC it deserves. Shame LPS aren't giving the Spider any love whatsoever, its a crime to see a Break Dance in that kind of condition, because if anyone here has ridden one in Europe, you'll realise why they really are the most successful machine in Europe, the atmosphere is something i've never EVER experienced on a travelling ride, especially not in Australia.

• Like 2

WEEKLY VOLARE UPDATE: Took a few night time shots of the ride again.

vrJ6h8cXQRCYHoVu1QAabQ_thumb_a6bb.thumb.jpg.562df4b4424b2ba105c61aa299a3abf3.jpg      UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a6bc.thumb.jpg.148e61db3abec3d0b0eef7d4bff2d6d2.jpg

It's pretty much complete now although I have some minor complaints. The cityscape facade hasn't been changed to fit theming and the ride's meant to open in a week. I thought this would've been a perfect time to give the area some consistency. Also, why hasn't the decorative roof over the toilet entrance been added yet as seen in the DA?

1144425722_ScreenShot2019-03-09at11_30_41pm.thumb.png.79048f21fd4511c3e554e1878dd238f4.png

• Like 3

On 09/03/2019 at 11:36 PM, 19Michael96 said:

WEEKLY VOLARE UPDATE: Took a few night time shots of the ride again.

vrJ6h8cXQRCYHoVu1QAabQ_thumb_a6bb.thumb.jpg.562df4b4424b2ba105c61aa299a3abf3.jpg      UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a6bc.thumb.jpg.148e61db3abec3d0b0eef7d4bff2d6d2.jpg

It's pretty much complete now although I have some minor complaints. The cityscape facade hasn't been changed to fit theming and the ride's meant to open in a week. I thought this would've been a perfect time to give the area some consistency. Also, why hasn't the decorative roof over the toilet entrance been added yet as seen in the DA?

1144425722_ScreenShot2019-03-09at11_30_41pm.thumb.png.79048f21fd4511c3e554e1878dd238f4.png

Ha!!! I must have just missed you. I drove past there at 10:00pm on Saturday night for a quick looksee- my pics are dark sorry!!

484977897_volarenight2.thumb.jpg.f34c47c3f1f135a68b8df7b0fee3802c.jpg

@19Michael96 is completely correct- the back drop has not been changed at all and all this will probably not change for the opening next Saturday. We can live in hope however.

684592732_LPSnight.thumb.jpg.70d47e059ee8a8fa81fa081bba052922.jpg

This was taken after the park had closed but with all lights still on due to a function being present. The park certainly does look excellent at night and is well presented with a calvacade of lights! This is where LPS  and LPM come into their own- their night time riding experiences which is currently unique in the  Australian theme  park landscape. Love this about both parks.

1196666553_LPSsignboards.thumb.jpg.0d9748f74b7c6ec9e789880ea8fdac21.jpg

What appeared to be new ( or maybe I have not noticed them before!! ) is these very well presented new electronic signposting. These serve as information points for the park and also  as advertising for upcoming events. The screens are not static as the maps shows rides moving etc. Nice touch by the park and it certainly brings some modern touches and also some classiness to the park and its overall presentation. Small touches but very welcome, especially for a park of the size of LPS.

LPM please take note.

The teaser video for Volare has hit Youtube and although simplistic, does an effective job of building the hype before the official launch of the ride next Saturday!!

I will be unable to attend , but does anyone else have plans to go down next weekend?

• Like 2

Yeah I was at the park at around 8:00. I was home by the time you popped by. I do think background theming is a problem though. Not just for the Volare but for the Tango Train, specifically the office building behind. They told me two years ago that they were gonna finish painting it when the Tango Train was down for maintenance. Well since then, it has been down for maintenance and yet they haven't taken the opportunity to finish it off! I probably should ask them again.

1 hour ago, StingRay said:

Who knows maybe its going to get a vinyl wrap or something similar to how the back of Coney Island was done.

The back of Coney Island definitely needs to be more than a vinyl wrap. I'm pretty sure they're going to fix the backdrop when Volare is closed more maintenance at some point. If they don't, it's probably not going to change.

On 11/03/2019 at 4:53 PM, Nimble said:

The back of Coney Island definitely needs to be more than a vinyl wrap. I'm pretty sure they're going to fix the backdrop when Volare is closed more maintenance at some point. If they don't, it's probably not going to change.

Don’t mind me but what is a vinyl wrap? Hahah

Edited by mason