Luna Park Sydney's expansion

Nimble

On 09/03/2020 at 8:20 AM, AlexB said:

Why locate them, unless you're doing works in the area that require you to know where they are?

It does indicate SOMETHING is happening.

Yeah thats what I was going to say as well. This area has not had any work done to it since the park reopened in 2004 so the markings are definitely indicative of SOMETHING being done. I am not an expert on what work they are meant to indicate, but it is certainly very interesting and this area should become a hotspot for activity and to keep a close eye on. Couple with this turn of events is the fact that the park recently closed their Mystery Manor attraction and indicated that their next attraction will be in this space. As i said before, this is a decent sized space and this COULD be a very decent sized attraction, if it is indeed one at all. 

On 09/03/2020 at 9:50 AM, StingRay said:

Do you mean these markings?. Interesting to know we both seemed to be at the park on the same day.

87447966_229427508362594_949471154358190080_n.jpg

87843062_342411166663620_8075856186676609024_n.jpg

88344335_667389807347355_1091446151640514560_n.jpg

89469888_757697374638348_7356887375814852608_n.jpg

Yeah mate we stayed at the North Sydney Harbourview on Saturday night and we walked down and through the park to catch a ferry to Circular Quay. I saw these immediately and wondered what they meant!! Interesting and we will have to look at developments very closel over the next couple of months!!

17 hours ago, Skeeta said:

The markings are indicating existing services under the ground.

Yeah that was my line of thinking when examing the pics. The lines run directly to service access points as seen in the photos we provided. I was not naive enough to think they were footer markings or even ride positioning but its very curious to see that they are locating these services in this location. Something is definitely happening , and we will have to wait and see if it actually is attraction related.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the orange is normally electrical, white is for data/comms cable, blue for water.  Most of the locator company's use these three colours as standard with storm water and drains being a random colour.

The markings will normally show the size of the conduit, the numbers and the depth to the top of the conduit.  The more I look at some of the photos closely, the green could be fibre optic cables but only a guess.

Hope that helps...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, thunder001 said:

Just in case anyone is wondering, the orange is normally electrical, white is for data/comms cable, blue for water.  Most of the locator company's use these three colours as standard with storm water and drains being a random colour.

The markings will normally show the size of the conduit, the numbers and the depth to the top of the conduit.  The more I look at some of the photos closely, the green could be fibre optic cables but only a guess.

Hope that helps...

Cheers mate..yep it certainly does help!! Great info thanks for sharing. Good to see you are still on the boards too....I have missed your contributions mate!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/04/2020 at 7:16 AM, AlexB said:

Have you been in touch with some old friends @StingRay?

Not a case of old friends. A case of a ride being talked about with some people and things "clicking". I don't want to go into too much because I have gained trust in people. But we all know changes are afoot for the better of the park. But when at least one of these rides leaves it won't necessarily be the end for it.

• Like 2

On 17/04/2020 at 2:12 PM, StingRay said:

Not a case of old friends. A case of a ride being talked about with some people and things "clicking". I don't want to go into too much because I have gained trust in people. But we all know changes are afoot for the better of the park. But when at least one of these rides leaves it won't necessarily be the end for it.

Lets hope its really good news- news that I have been waiting quite a while to hear!!! 😎

• Like 2

I wonder why the Government doesn't rip up the lavender bay train stabling and return it to green space, and split the difference, let LPS use the space more itensivley, and give residents additional open space.

Seems a bit dumb to have prime waterfront land used for storage for just 4 trains that could probably be fitted elsewhere on the network.

• Like 2

I maintain that the reason they say they can’t make money there is because they offer up glorified carni ride trash. 
If they made over the entire park to be an authentic heritage recreation of a classy boardwalk pier (a rose coloured glasses nostalgia image if you will) it would do a lot better as a must visit tourist attraction. 

• Like 5

Local independant councillor Ian Mutton has also weighed in on the new proposal with his community newsletter. Please find it below:

https://www.ianmutton.com/2020/04/21/north-shore-community-newsletter-19-luna-park-lavender-green-development-application/

It would appear that Ian or one of his team is a reader of Parkz as  the newsletter mentions the "procurement of an SC2000 Spinning Coaster" on the Pitt and Sherry site ( which incidentally can no longer appears to be found ) and also the recent markings in the Maloney's Corner indicating workings of some description He hypothesises that a new coaster is set to be installed in Maloney's Corner with the kids rides being moved to Lavender Green. Looking at the evidence at hand, I do not think that he is far off the mark here. It would make sense for LPS to attempt to clear some room for a kids section and the movement of these small rides to the Lavendar Green area would seem a logical choice. It remains to be seen if this is agreed upon and the proposal is approved.

• Like 1

This is an interesting document- it details the Environmental impacts of the DA that the park is pursuing.  It gives a comprehensive window  to the effects of the  establishment of what the DA is trying to allow on Lavender Green from a Heritage, Acoustic and Visual impact- from the Park's point of view of course.

Happy reading!!

Statement of Environmental Effects_Lavender Green_31Jan2020v2.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skeeta said:

You are the first person to call one of these documents interesting.  I always scroll straight to the proposal read 2 paragraphs and I'm done.  Everything else isn't important.😀

*shrugs* one mans rubbish is another mans treasure. I found that this document had quite a bit of interesting detailed information contained within. I am sure there will be other like minded people out there as well.