Nimble

Luna Park Sydney's expansion

261 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Nimble said:

Today? It's cloudy, but not raining at my side of the city...

It's been pouring on and off all day. Before I got the ferry to the park, there was a huge downpour that luckily didn't last by the time I arrived.

Speaking of which: WEEKLY VOLARE UPDATE! There's not much to comment on honestly. Ride's pretty much complete, just a few small details here and there. There has been some work done to the entrance however. And a nice little curtain mock up has been made as you enter. So that's nice.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a6ca.thumb.jpg.ba5de2d39e9b055573936d085b9cf14e.jpg

In other news, the "Hungry Horse" cafe has received some additional theming. None of these horse look like they're heritage though; they were probably custom made for display purposes.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a6cc.thumb.jpg.2083261f33689202b54ad8b15e77419c.jpg 

IqSVXYe5TjKSY4ocZoBNbw_thumb_a6cd.thumb.jpg.5df02cd634f74767ac39326e123be167.jpg 

FQyGcC80Tqm2WKAiT6DWOg_thumb_a6ce.thumb.jpg.f1cc2dbd8c1e090035ba09fb274c5b00.jpg

I might enquire if the park has a new opening date for the Volare or if the background theming will be redone eventually. Doubt they'll have an answer though. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 19Michael96 said:

Anyway, TIME FOR MY FINAL WEEKLY VOLARE UPDATE! Seeing as the ride is pretty much complete now, this is basically going to be my last update focused on the construction progress of this ride. Here's some pics I took this evening: 

Here's the "bridge" entry to the ride. Obviously not as grand as the ones of yore but it's pretty nice. And considering the main entrance is the Helter Skelter structure, it's nothing too major.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a701.thumb.jpg.11e4600763ba33b94f6548b79c6b9941.jpg

Now THIS is something that surprised me. They've fixed the giant fake plug that attaches to the Helter Skelter (ex Lighthouse) structure. I honestly thought they might've been removing this bit of theming considering it was from the 90's era of LPS and they might've wanted to move forward but low and behold... 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a702.thumb.jpg.86a5e2ec95e8d4d2e8e0770fb574c677.jpg

And finally, here's a video I took of the Volare in action:

In other news, the Tango Train is down AGAIN. I'm hoping this will FINALLY be the time when they finish painting the office behind the ride, but I doubt it. 

It looks great! Too bad they didn't fix the backdrop though. They had months to do that.

It looks so intense! What an amazing job they’ve done for such a small park. It has such a dramatic visual impact but at the same time fits in to the park’s theme perfectly. Luna Park Melbourne take note - please!!

Edited by GoGoBoy

Went to the park today. It's an amazing ride. I'd prefer if they use the same songs like the rest of the park on the ride's speakers because when you go into the Helter Skelter, you can hear swing and orchestral clash. Not a very good combination.

32 minutes ago, Nimble said:

Went to the park today. It's an amazing ride. I'd prefer if they use the same songs like the rest of the park on the ride's speakers because when you go into the Helter Skelter, you can hear swing and orchestral clash. Not a very good combination.

Personally I really liked the score for the ride, think it gave it great ambience which is lacking from the other rides. 

Rode it today so here is my first impression/thoughts :)

- Super powerful chairswing, maybe I’ve only ever been on not up to par chairswings, but damn this one is so smooth, fast and powerful!

- no shading over the queue?? Not only is the queue line super short, the sun BURNED

- maybe this is because the ride is new, but the loading was super slow and made queueing in the sun even more unbearable.

- didn’t really mind the city background to be honest, kinda fits with the apartments right behind.

- makes SUCH an impact on the aesthetics of the park, you can see it from anywhere on the main strip.