Six Flags Announcement Day

SuperV

So today is the day Six Flags announces every new ride in the chain! The announcement is at 8pm AEST tonight but we do have two leaks already as well as the announcement of Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Six Flags Great Adventure - Cyborg Cyber Spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQ6vkqqpNA

Six Flags Magic Mountain - CraZanity

"The largest pendulum ride in the world"

http://themeparkpovs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/PFe4u4j.png

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr5voRp1aOA

Other rumors include RMC Georgia Cyclone at Six Flags Over Georgia, a couple of Freespins and 4 firsts.

Edited by SuperV

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Why does Six Flag show no reference to DC in Wonder Woman ride name and Rivals shows it 2 times?

dc.JPG.dfcc21efa9a6b8b2908b2eda15cf5c0f.JPG

I assume because the common man knows Wonder Woman is DC or at the very least 'comic book' themed. Whereas Rivals is relatively unknown by many people, so I guess they wanted Joe public to know its very much superhero, comic themed from the get go.

Full announcement video:

Looks like Jim Meme Anderson is back, and cringier than ever before.

My thoughts:

SFGAD/SFOT - Looks like a pretty decent flat ride. Been waiting for one of these to pop up for a while. The cyborg theme for SFGAD is pretty cool but I've certainly had enough of the Harley Quinn theme.

SFNE/SFFM - These frisbees look pretty fun and I don't really mind that they're installing a bunch of them since they will be good rides. I think this year's installations are enough though. The names aren't great though, I'm sick of the Harley Quinn theme and what even is Crazanity???? Magic Mountain definitely needed a decent flat like this though, and the new area looks pretty cool.

Great Escape - Were we really expecting anything more?

La Ronde - This part is zoomed over so quickly I'm not entirely sure what it is - a flat ride package? Looks okay.

SFA - LOL SFA really has no luck hahaha

SFGA - Noooooo I thought we had seen the end of these :'(

St Luis - Looks pretty decent for a waterslide actually

SFOG - Best of the lot. Doesn't look too long but it's guaranteed to be a good ride since it's made by RMC.

SFFT - Yeah we knew this was coming. Great ride. Awful capacity.

Mexico - I'm really trying to ignore the awful colour scheme, because it's great this is not just another Joker.

SFDK - We knew one of these was coming, and it looks like a nice alternative to a super loop. But the fact that they already have a super loop makes me think if this would've been better off at a park that didn't have one (more specifically, give this to SFGA instead of their super loop).

• Like 1

I'm glad Six Flags isn't installing too many of a single ride type that they did in previous years, five super loops in 2015 or 2016, and three Free spins in 2017 (try say that five times fast). But I don't really like Six Flags overusing names on different rides. I can't count how many rides are called "Harley Quinn Spinsanity" or "The Joker" at Six Flags parks now, because there are probably more of them than there are Batman clones called "Batman: The Ride". I get that Six Flags is notorious for cloning rides, but come on. 

Looks like one of Six Flags' bigger seasons in terms of investment. 2018 looks to be a great year for the industry (at least over in the States that is)

Edited by XxMrYoshixX