DC Rivals HyperCoaster - new trailer/TVC

Gc_themeparksau

1 hour ago, AllegroCrab said:

Imo the coaster should just be called 'DC Rivals'.

If they have to put the HyperCoaster at the end, it should be two words, 'DC Rivals Hyper Coaster'.

Hypercoaster as a word was created by Arrow Dynamics for Magnum XL-200 and is the actual industry-wide generic term used to describe coasters with a highest point of 200 - 299 ft. A coaster 300-399 ft is a Gigacoaster, and a coaster 400ft+ is a Stratacoaster.

'Hyper Coaster' as two words is Bolliger & Mabillard's term specifically for their 200ft+ coasters (including ones that would generically be called 'Gigacoasters').  Intamin calls them Mega Coasters, and I think RMC has a name like Hyper-Hybrid Coaster or something.

I agree that 'DC Rivals' is sufficient (even just 'Rivals'), but it is definitely a 'hypercoaster' and not a 'Hyper Coaster'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Superman vs Brainiac (a little surprised this wasn't Lex Luthor but Brainiac is still a very big Superman villain)
Green Lantern vs Atrocitus (okay, this one confuses me. Pallarax or Sinestro would've been much better choices)

I think because Brainiac was recently used as the big bad in Injustice 2 (and to a degree Lex has been overused.). And Sinestro was used in GL just next door.

4 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

I think because Brainiac was recently used as the big bad in Injustice 2 (and to a degree Lex has been overused.). And Sinestro was used in GL just next door.

Yeah that makes sense for brainiac (although if anyone is overused it's the joker). When it comes to GL, so was atrocious, someone like the anti-monitor would've been really cool

Curious to know if anyone will be heading down Saturday for a possible soft opening? It says opening school holidays, which could be any time during the holidays I guess. I think I'm going to judge it by how far it has progressed by Friday, and then make the decision on going or not. 

36 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Curious to know if anyone will be heading down Saturday for a possible soft opening? It says opening school holidays, which could be any time during the holidays I guess. I think I'm going to judge it by how far it has progressed by Friday, and then make the decision on going or not. 

I'm heading down.