Sea World - Castaway Reef 2017

Tim Dasco

Is anyone actually excited for this new addition to Seaworld? Is this truly the best use of a nice flat plot of land? Is a splash zone something that Seaworld is in dire need of at this point?

I really am stumped that this project got the go ahead....seaworld is in a dire need of a new major attraction or even a new themed area with 1 or 2 dry rides.

Am I the only one who is thinking this?

• Like 3

I can’t wait to see the finished product. After this land being untouched for 1.5 years, and a time where the park is lacking rides, this will really add something to the park. I am surprised nothing has been announced on social media and the website (in the form of drawing/render). We’ve really only had the FB video. I suppose the focus has really been on DC Rivals though. Castaway Bay is one of my favourite areas of the park, such a well done area, and to continue this on is great to see 

We need another roller coaster and SW since the last major roller coaster (Not including Spongebob) was the Storm Coaster in December 2013 AND Vikings Revenge has been removed and the Sea Viper has been removed which were two of their main rides.  I think that the next major roller coaster should come to SW in 2020.  Though it is unlikely, I would love to see a B&M flyeror wind.  The reality though, would be something from Mack and Intamin.

We were never going to get another major attraction at a VTP property with year with Rivals opening.

i think a well done splash zone is a terrific use of space and provides good bang for minimal buck. It’s not as if they have a lack of space for future development when they have the funds for a major ride (2019 seems the goal). 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Is anyone actually excited for this new addition to Seaworld? Is this truly the best use of a nice flat plot of land? Is a splash zone something that Seaworld is in dire need of at this point?

I really am stumped that this project got the go ahead....seaworld is in a dire need of a new major attraction or even a new themed area with 1 or 2 dry rides.

Am I the only one who is thinking this?

I am. Although i'm not sure i'll use it, I remember many a trip to Sea World when time was spent in the pools. Sea World has been criticised recently of not having enough to keep people for a full day (and I myself have observed this when visiting too) - stopping off at a place to cool off, let mum and dad relax while the kids run ragged around a splash zone sounds like a nice way to round out the afternoon. #imkeen

40 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

We were never going to get another major attraction at a VTP property with year with Rivals opening.

i think a well done splash zone is a terrific use of space and provides good bang for minimal buck. It’s not as if they have a lack of space for future development when they have the funds for a major ride (2019 seems the goal). 

We got doomsday within a year PRIOR. It's always POSSIBLE depending on how their financial planning is going. TopGolf is another major attraction, and it will open within a year too. (I know you meant 'in park', but still). I'm sure SW will see some love soon enough - let's be honest though - WnW is the park that is most overdue.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update @Luke. I visited about a week ago and notiice those Flinstone looking awnings have gone up since. 

For a kid's splash zone I think it will be pretty impressive. We always knew it wasn't going to be anything more than something minor and besides, SW is finally going to get that Fountain everyone's been banging on about🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I wonder if all those shelters will be upcharge cabana hire, or if they're just a picnic table style area...

I hope not @AlexB. It looks like the only spot to get some shade in the area, for Parents while Kids play. Charging extra just to get out of the Sun? irresponsible move imo. Not to mention pointless. I get having Cabanas in water parks as places for ppl to base themselves during their day. There just isn't enough down the back of SW to warrant having them. Then again, this is a Park that charges almost 10 bucks for a cup of 3 dead feeding fish for the Rays, I guess anything is possible?

On 11/2/2017 at 1:16 PM, AlexB said:

Typo is my guess. theres a bunch of others with the same 'coming these holidays' message, which would be interpreted as xmas holidays. i'd say the october tagline is just an error. none of the other 'coming' attractions list a month for opening.

They stated October in their late-August investor presentation as well. The odd thing is that it was pretty clear in August/September that this was never going to happen yet all formal mentions of the attraction around this time said the same.

• Like 1