Sea World - Castaway Reef 2017

Tim Dasco

On 15/11/2017 at 8:19 PM, jjuttp said:

I think Australians tend to not care about theming because we never get any of it anyway.  I'd say we have 6 well themed rides and 4 of them are in the same park  when it comes to the GC. If we had more cohesive and immersive theming, then maybe people would care more.

I’ll play!

Wild West Falls

Superman Escape

Justice League

Storm

Junior Driving School

And umm.... I’ve got nothing

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

What's the good theming in the tailspin queue? Where does it "take you”?

idk what he means by the queue. but isnt the ride itself like a tropical airport. 
I guess if you say that tailspin is well themed, then so is The Claw.

side note: can we discuss how badly jet rescue and the dreamworld motorcycle one need a de-weeding (last time I was there at least). the motorcycle one looked abandoned and all of the racing theming was washed out from rain and asphalt was cracking. jet rescue however looked far better and did just need some of the weeds gone.
I love how off-topic this post is forming to be.
also no one has said DD? I'd count the whole area its in as theming for the ride. if not its still a good looking spot, and a good looking ride.
and theming is really important as it gives the ride immediate appeal. You either have a ride which sticks out as a big grand ride (DC Rivals, GL), or you spend your money on beautifying a smaller, but still amazing ride (wipeout, DD) that way its still interesting to the guests. Like I remember putting Batman Spaceshot last on my list of rides to go on because it didn't look interesting enough. and the theming not only gives you a good starting appeal to the ride, but a good end. Like Cyclone (hotwheels) had endless stairwells, the ride, then a strange circular ramp surrounding a defunct fan? It let down the experience and made the ride feel dangerous to have gotten on. 

idk if this makes any sense, but its long, and 1am so good luck decoding haha
also superman defies what I said by being grand and pretty but shh

MDMC definitely needs a refurbishment, as that theming is horrible. It’s faded, missing, broken or just non existent. The unevenness of the queue area doesn’t help them, and really could use a whole makeover.

And I mentioned the villains area and would definitely say it’s in the Top 3 themed areas of all our parks.

14 hours ago, Gazza said:

What's the good theming in the tailspin queue? Where does it "take you”?

The somewhat decent theming (Probably be described as between average and good theming) is the shark that is hung up like jaws and the wood used being faded and aged all adding to the seaside theming.

Capture 3.PNG

14 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Arkham Asylum is by far the best themed ride in Australia. 

Well not so much the ride but the queue is anyway .

IMG_6666.JPG

warner-bros-movie-world.jpg

AAShockTherapy1.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by Theme Park

1 hour ago, Theme Park said:

The somewhat decent theming (Probably be described as between average and good theming) is the shark that is hung up like jaws and the wood used being faded and aged all adding to the seaside theming.

Capture 3.PNG

Well not so much the ride but the queue is anyway .

IMG_6666.JPG

warner-bros-movie-world.jpg

AAShockTherapy1.jpg

download.jpg

The ride is incredible since they added VR to it! Far more immersive than the queue! 

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Why? It's a theme park (well, it's supposed to be and used to be). Theming is incredibly important. 

It was a tongue in cheek comment but also laced with some truth.

we’ve got a park with only one ride suited to people over the age of 7, and we’re blowing $$$ on what appears to be scenery theming. If the volcano was in the centre of the area and was functional as some sort of water spray/dump feature then it would be fine... 

• Like 1