DC Rivals HyperCoaster - soft open discussion

joz

Some questions:

1. Was it soft open to the general public, or specific passholders?
  2. How do the 4 lines work?
  3. Fastpass shortcuts past the theming (path alongside the plants)?
  4. Any audio in the queue/station, or just the audio from the screens?
  5. Any drones about? :rolleyes:
  6. How were the rideops?
  7. Any Mack staff there?
  8. Where do you buy the rear seat passes?
  9. Would the queue have had enough room for DC Villains wristband interactive elements?
  10. Who's going tomorrow?

Was on the back row on the 4th train... and holy crap it was amazing. Then later on got the front row... was awesome too. Then went in row 10 (last forward row) and the airtime was just insane. Hands down the best coaster i've been on, and great job to Village Roadshow. Greg looked happy operating it today haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glubbo said:

Some questions:

6. How were the rideops?
  7. Any Mack staff there?
  9. Would the queue have had enough room for DC Villains wristband interactive elements?

Soft Open to public

Normal, single, fast pass, backseat

No, still see most theming

Audio from tvc on monitors 

No

-

Yes, 2 mack staff

At the front of the queue

Maybe one

Idk 

59bcdae38b0fe_IMG_95062.thumb.JPG.537557e709694079c942d7bedecc47ad.JPG

There's someone from Mack and Bubba Ray Dudley

6 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Some questions:

6. How were the rideops?
  7. Any Mack staff there?

1. General Public - no benefits/early access for passholders (as of right now)

2. You enter the queue to the left of the large rival fight scene, go around to the right and you reach the queue split (there is a test seat here) - General Admission goes off to the left through all of the scenes while Fast Track, Reverse Seating and Single Riders go off to the right.

3. Yes, all but one of the comic book scenes are visible from the Fast Track/Single/Backwards queue area.

4. There is some very 'typical' fight-style music playing in the queue and station. (I don't know how else to explain it)

5. Hope not :P
6. Dispatches are somewhat typical for our parks. Not the fastest but they're certainly not slow either. (Staff on today were amazing-interacting with guests, just generally excited)

7. Can't answer this for sure but I am sure Mack officials will be on standby for the next few weeks until the ride is fully worn in.

8. Just at the queue entrance. Can't miss it -they've got a bright fuschia sign for it and a few staff there. (however I'm sure this will be moved to the Photo/Video/Fast Track booth at the front during offpeak)

9. I'm sure they could've designed some large 360 degree interactive for the queue, however, with the current scenes there's no way they could comfortably fit something in without it looking out of place or like an afterthought.

10. Not me, already ridden it 6 times ;)

---

Row 10, Left seat (direction of travel) is easily the best seat on the ride; and Rivals beats out Twisted Colossus taking top spot as my favourite coaster.

--

To answer some other questions:

• Currently only running one train.
  • Backwards seating is $10 and operates on a return-time system.
  • Loose item storage is available at the load platform [Enough space for small items like coins up to a fairly large backpack]
  • Like 5

Sounds like nothing but great reviews so far, really looking forward to getting down and riding it sometime in the next few weeks.

58 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

So does anyone think the 'VIP/Members' so called "first to ride" privileges will actually occur? Early access sometime next week?

Would be a bit of a dick move if they didn't. I think they'd start once the ride has "officially" opened and they've ironed any problems with the ride and operations.

Here's my thoughts, their more towards what the coaster impacts now the coaster itself.

The coaster itself, you can easily see why it cost so much, you can tell it is a brand new coaster and is so smooth and enjoyable, it is truly indescribable.

I am glad they added storage, I think if they add storage for Superman, it will make a lot of people happy.

I honestly think this was a big blow to dreamworld, I am not going to renew their now as their isn't enough going on, where Movie World offers so much, and this coaster is worth the purchase of a pass alone.

• Like 3

Just got back from USA where we did Magic Mountain, Universal Hollywood & Disney World & now I am so excited to be coming back to MW the ride this beast! Im so proud of our little park! Cant imagine it would top Twisted Colossus but after @ThemeTendo saying just that I'm that extra bit hyped to get on Rivals. Theming around the queue looks better than I expected, I think it looks awesome. 

1 hour ago, screamqueens said:

Just got back from USA where we did Magic Mountain.

I have done Magic Mountain aswell & this ride is well and truely up there with the likes of Twisted Collosus & X2 (My 2 favourite at MM). I would even say I enjoyed DCR more than TC because I personally believe it has more airtime. I can't stress enough how much airtime I got on this thing, I've never felt more pushed out of my seat ever. 

Edited by xRazzBerryx

2 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I have done Magic Mountain aswell & this ride is well and truely up there with the likes of Twisted Collosus & X2 (My 2 favourite at MM). I would even say I enjoyed DCR more that TC because I personally believe it has more airtime. I can't stress enough how much airtime I got on this thing, I've never felt more pushed out of my seat ever. 

@pazzap

Awesome to see they got it open today, and can't wait to ride it in a couple days time. Great to see in the video, and hear from others that everyone was so excited, even the staff, to have the ride open today. Will definitely be riding it a few times, and I'll try Backwards for sure. Queue area does look really good, even if they are just walls with an image of them. It displays the Rivals between characters, and actually figurines would probably get easily damaged in the queue (As seen by GL). The four split queues is great, and good to still know that Fast Track will be coming eventually, but for know they are being fair. Massive congrats to MW and can't wait to ride this many times.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster - soft open discussion

Stopped at same waiting point as yesterday, apparently (near JL exit). Line is back to GL queue entry only! So, 200 people at most?

The guy with the upcharge wristband billboard is walking the line announcing "you're welcome to wait, but no guarantee we'll soft open today!" 

There's plenty of Rivals staff here today. I can only stay at the park until 12 so I'm happy to wait solely for it. 

The PCL guys are about 20 in front of me. 

Quietly confident..

IMG_9248.JPG

IMG_9248.JPG

Well, guess my 1st ride is backwards! 

They're selling wristbands. 99% likelihood it's soft opening today. 

IMG_9251.JPG

Staff are hooting and hollering. We're going in!

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 1

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic