DC Rivals HyperCoaster - soft open discussion

joz

They have wait times listed, yes. Single rider quickest at the moment. They're getting quicker at cycling the trains, although you do have a short wait in the brake run (a chance to catch your breath).

Just rode forward mid train. Fantastic ride in that direction too! 

If anything the Stengel Dive is a fraction of a second to catch your breath. The view of the track (below you and far away) from the lift hill is amazing. 

The black fence in the GL queue rumbles as Rivals comes back through the bunny hops. 

IMG_9256.JPG

IMG_9258.JPG

My my day is done, rode twice. Off to family thing now. 

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperV said:

Just rode the backwards seats and I honestly didn't enjoy it. I felt a bit sick backwards and the airtime isn't as good a the front.

But the ride itself is amazing, definitely my number one beating X2 and Twisted Colossus.

Sorry backwards didn't work out for you. Every dive felt like you were being pulled from airtime towards the ground. Yes it was a tiny bit nauseating on the direction changes (before and after helix especially), but worth doing at least once.

The lift hill backwards is interesting. You're facing down out of your seat, and feel the need to jam yourself in (against the panel)with your feet. I foresee this part of the train wearing quickly. Easily replaceable with a new panel though.

Feet dangling adds a lot to the ride.

38 minutes ago, grrofunger said:

looks like queue needs shade

Yes and no. In the queue you see the lift hill and the train in the block brake/brake run. on 2 train days outside of holidays, you won't queue long.

Just now, mba2012 said:

Are people finding the single rider queue to be significantly shorter than the main one? How long would it have to be to exceed the wait time for general entry?

Yes, a fair bit quicker. When I was in that queue, you'd see 2-3 single riders per train get on.

• Like 2

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic

Just got home from Movie World and rode DC Rivals twice, the first time forwards and then backwards. It was hands-down the best coaster I've been on, beating X2! Personally, I found going forwards more enjoyable and 'scarier' then backwards for some odd reason but nonetheless, going backwards was so much fun :lol: Can't wait to ride it again at night during Fright Nights!

1 hour ago, mba2012 said:

Are people finding the single rider queue to be significantly shorter than the main one? How long would it have to be to exceed the wait time for general entry?

Well today The general line looked insanely busy but we only ended up waiting like 30mins but then it broke down....

Well, I was in the queue yesterday as they were preparing to open, but unfortunately the person I was with felt ill so we had to leave without going on!

Anyway I was back again this morning by myself and did go on (forwards). Below are my first thoughts:

- DC Rivals certainly adds a major new visual element, extremely obvious at the front of the park before going in (and even from the motorway), and visible from most parts of Movie World.

- I found the ride certainly provided moderate thrills, with a good length of ride time, and enough capacity to absorb large numbers of guests fairly quickly (assuming both trains running, which they were this morning).

- Personally (although I know I'll get downvoted or whatever as usual by people who assume their opinion is the only one that is right) I regard it as just a roller coaster, with hardly any relevance to Movies beyond the characters visible in the queue as flat images, and the Joker Head which is mainly visible from outside the park (the right way around). To me the ride is not a patch on Arkham Asylum with VR, which I still say is the best ride on the Gold Coast.

I await the usual criticisms from the sort of people noted above, but rest assured I really couldn't care less about them!

10 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

To me the ride is not a patch on Arkham Asylum with VR, which I still say is the best ride on the Gold Coast.

That's interesting - don't hear much about AA VR anymore. Is it still popular?

I think most of us expected Rivals would have minimal theming, with the ride itself doing most of the work. I appreciate the appropriate music in the queue though, which no doubt adds to the atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I found the ride certainly provided moderate thrills,

"Moderate" :lol::lol:

8 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Personally (although I know I'll get downvoted or whatever as usual by people who assume their opinion is the only one that is right)

cdf00b1dfcbc6b14084ce833ce3cd900--party-queen-pity-party-quotes.jpg.a2daf9ecffa44760d05862a5dbbdf004.jpg

13 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I await the usual criticisms from the sort of people noted above, but rest assured I really couldn't care less about them!

Capture.thumb.JPG.f5a23a72566561a4a498c88c496c3527.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @pushbutton, even if you know they'll be in the minority regarding 'best on the coast'. I didn't get enough time to pay attention to the theming myself (Backwards / Single rider lines), but my thoughts on better theming were raised late in the construction thread.

To be brutally honest, this is a Hypercoaster. The ride is the attraction, not the theming. I know this exact discussion was raised in a few threads over the last year, but after riding it, I'm now in the camp of anything other than the ride is a bonus. Ask me that again in a few months, maybe I'll change my views.

AA is horrifically rough, and even though I've not done the VR I can't rate it for the pain it causes.

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @pushbutton, even if you know they'll be in the minority regarding 'best on the coast'. I didn't get enough time to pay attention to the theming myself (Backwards / Single rider lines), but my thoughts on better theming were raised late in the construction thread.

To be brutally honest, this is a Hypercoaster. The ride is the attraction, not the theming. I know this exact discussion was raised in a few threads over the last year, but after riding it, I'm now in the camp of anything other than the ride is a bonus. Ask me that again in a few months, maybe I'll change my views.

AA is horrifically rough, and even though I've not done the VR I can't rate it for the pain it causes.

You have reminded me of another positive point I intended to include in my earlier post, which is the smoothness of the ride. Very noticeably smoother than any other coaster I've been on!

I totally get that it's a hypercoaster, and it most definitely has its place in the park, as proven by how many people were waiting for it. Just saying it's not really one of my favourite kinds of ride. Still good though.

• Like 3