DC Rivals HyperCoaster - soft open discussion

joz

5 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I think @pushbutton has a point. Some people like really smooth, incredibly intense rides (DC Rivals, Superman). And others like rides that pull a final destination on you (Arkham Asylum, Hotwheels)

Arkham Asylum and Hotwheels are precisely the type of rides I don't like - they're head-ache makers.

So if someone likes AA over DCR then that tells me all I need to know.

• Like 2

I couldn't resist so I headed back down today for some more rides! I got 2 rides in the last 2 hours. First ride in the front row & the second ride in the 8th row. 

Front row - Amazing views from the first drop. I personally rather the airtime on the front than the back. Those bunny hills!!! Insane airtime! 

Row 8 - Even though we just missed out on getting row 10, row 8 still provided a good amount of airtime and was very enjoyable. I believe the rows towards the back are absolutely incredible for the first drop! Whipping you completely out of your seat. So intense! 

At about 3:50pm we tried to get a backwards ride in however they had completely sold out by then! It's definitely very popular! There's always next time I guess :) 

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this under but was just wondering what everyone's (who's gotten to ride) opinion is of the back wall (behind the loose articles bins)? Doesn't impact on the ride experience at all, but just thought it was a little off to have that artwork and not be able to properly appreciate it because of the reflection - mainly the fluro lights reflection. 

6 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I think the wall is definitely a good backdrop & I prefer having that over a plain wall. Just a shame about the reflection & not standing out as much as it could have.

Agreed. I liked how they kept the 'fuschia' theme on that wall too. I could also make out buildings and the bat signal. Would be great to see it in all its glory. 

1 hour ago, Aimsley81 said:

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this under but was just wondering what everyone's (who's gotten to ride) opinion is of the back wall (behind the loose articles bins)? Doesn't impact on the ride experience at all, but just thought it was a little off to have that artwork and not be able to properly appreciate it because of the reflection - mainly the fluro lights reflection. 

I actually live in Perth and won't get to experience the coaster for a couple of years, but from all the photos showing the back wall, I've really liked the wall. I completely agree that it's a shame there is a reflection as I think it's a really nice touch. Would be nice to see MW do something about it in the future to make it more appealing to the eye.

Edited by ABYSS

Excited to get my first rides today - spent 4 hours in the park from 1pm to close and managed 6 rides on DC Rivals. 

Managed to get a seat in - Front row, row 6, row 8, row 10 and backwards x 2

Each had its own pros and cons.   Nothing will beat that first ride though.. all I can say is OMG - I've only ridden at Six Flags Magic Mountain just prior to twisted collossus opening, and I think this coaster is up there with the best I have ridden!

My first ride was in row 6, decent view, good airtime for the middle of the train I was surprised.

Front row - incredible view of the twisted track and the feeling of the speed of this coaster!

Row 10 - getting whipped over the top of the lift hill and into that incredible drop one of my favourite parts of the ride, some insane airtime over those last few hills and the non inverted loop really feels like your being thrown out of your seat.

Backwards.. as everyone has said is something you just have to experience, it's completely different to riding this coaster forward and such a different experience from anything I have ever had before.  

The only downside to today was that I had to wait a long time for the backwards seats, was sold a time slot which at the time was more than an hour away, then I reached the front of the line they made me wait till the time came up - but were selling new backwards seats to the people behind me for an earlier time which meant they got to go on first. I'm not complaining (I know they are working this out) all I can assume must have happened is they decided to open new spaces in the earlier time slot as the coaster was running ahead of the expected time. It will be interesting to see what the final plan for purchasing these backwards seats will be. 

INCREDIBLE!!!! I can't wait to do it again!!!

IMG_8627.JPG

IMG_8646.JPG

Edited by Elise Lenske
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Glubbo said:

Official? Hopefully on Thursday. I'm expecting next week sometime.

Slick? He's "working on it".

Unofficial? I'd be surprised if a hidden mobile version wasn't already online somewhere on someone's Facebook timeline.

Emailed the park yesterday, still haven't heard back.

I just want to tell cool stories and make sweet films, i'm not too fussed on whether or not i'm included or invited to VIP parties, and one of my niches that I do well is Point of View videos, and I think the park should capitalise on that.