DC Rivals HyperCoaster - soft open discussion

joz

On 09/12/2017 at 12:58 PM, djrappa said:

Any suggestions for a new topic name?

See I disagree with this Single Rider practice. 

Single rider is a gamble, you don't get to get on every cycle, that's what the main que is for. 

Sure if no SR seats come up in a few cycles let a couple on, and then back to waiting. That's kinda Disney practice. 

Just "DC Rivals HyperCoaster Discussion"? not in Soft open now but still good to discuss.

Also completely agree with your view on single riders. When I was there a few weeks back one guy was letting 2 single riders through (apart from when a kid spilt his drink on the seat and they had to clean it / cycle it through for a blow dry) but when I came back to go backwards the attendant was only letting them on for single seats.

On 09/12/2017 at 12:58 PM, djrappa said:

Any suggestions for a new topic name?

See I disagree with this Single Rider practice. 

Single rider is a gamble, you don't get to get on every cycle, that's what the main que is for. 

Sure if no SR seats come up in a few cycles let a couple on, and then back to waiting. That's kinda Disney practice. 

I don't disagree with this either - however being a gamble that it is, i'd also like to see them admit SRQ to a backwards row when the noone is there for the upcharge - not as a matter of course, but on an occasional run if there hasn't been a SR needed for a few cycles - and those who receive it should feel lucky - rather than sulk if it's not given to them.

but of course everyone who doesn't get backwards for free will then whine about the person that does, and this is why we can't have nice things.

I wonder if the back row is a success as an upcharge?  I’ve noticed many times, including when MW are only running one train the backrow is empty.   The backrow is awesome and is defiantly worth it but how many people have re-ridden it?  I would like MW to tweak the experience too your guaranteed to ride it once but if within your time slot there is available empty runs you can queue up again to re-ride.  This way the train is always full.  I wouldn’t advertise it but would tell guest as they got off that they can queue up and have another ride.

Edited by Skeeta

I got to ride DC Rivals this past weekend for the first time. First ride was at the front. Loved the experience. The 1st drop was the best just plummeting down. Second ride was in the middle. Still a great ride. I then paid for the backwards seat just to try it. Was a completely different experience and not one I enjoyed. I actually felt really sick once on the non inverted loop. 

Glad I got to try it but not for me. Prefer to face forward. 

Overall such an amazing addition. Really loved it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really good idea, my only problem with this ride is that there were no good places to watch it from inside the park.

Also a bit annoying how most of the layout after the drop and first airtime hill isn't visible from the queue line. Trees get in the way from the indoor part of the queue. Maybe the trees are there for another reason, like sun protection or something, but I'd really love being able to see the ride from there.