Demon going to Dreamworld - true or false?

While I do genuinely appreciate Screamscape, and read it frequently, it's not a bona fide news source. It's a rumour site, and I owuldn't be too surprised if it turns out to have been sent in by a member here. Former Dreamworld CEO Tony Braxton-Smith confirmed directly to me that Dreamworld was NOT looking at purchasing Demon from Wonderland. Long story short, it's not happening and I disagree with you in that we should actually hope that it does move to Dreamworld. Dreamworld wouldn't benefit at all from a ride like Demon, whereas I can see many other smaller parks around Australia benefiting from it much more.

I don't know why anyone would want to see the Demon go to Dreamworld. Even if you're a die hard fan of the ride wouldn't you prefer Dreamworld to put the money into a whole new ride or coaster? Why waste any precious capital on a 2nd hand coaster from the 80's that most of Australia has ridden lots of times already

I don't know why anyone would want to see the Demon go to Dreamworld. Even if you're a die hard fan of the ride wouldn't you prefer Dreamworld to put the money towards a whole new ride or coaster? Why waste any precious capital on a 2nd hand coaster from the 80's that most of Australia has ridden lots of times already?

Yeah, why piddle the parks funds away on a ride like demon, oh wait, maybe they want the claim of the fastest triple loop coaster in the southern hemisphere, is that record true anyway? did they sift though every triple loop coaster and find it was the fastest, and what about he Southern hemispehres other boomerangs? there would have to be some. And having the SH's fastest triple loop coaster is no impressive record anyway, the SH used to have the coaster with the most inversions. as the saying goes "theres lies, darn lies, and statistics" Now where were we, oh yeah, i remember, nah, no demon to DW thanks, already have one piece of 2nd hand stuff, who would want more, I'd rather a flat for the same price. The only way you could convince me that having the Dee at Dw is good if if it were an enclosed dark ride, that would make it different enough and the GP would eat up a claim like "southern hemispehres only enclosed fastest triple loop coaster", oh dont get me started on that again. The rumours bull****, the page at sreamscape also has about the Gyros swings name being Cliff Hanger, before the name being canceled. Wouldnt be suprised if the bulk of that sites news is just pulled from forums, and some of the news is way off, like WL planning to get a 9 inversion coaster. Demon :( id rather Daemon ;)

I'd like to see the Demon go somewhere, rather than get scrapped, but I tend to agree with most of you in that I think Dreamworld would be better off putting money towards a new coaster, rather than another rehashed dodgy vekoma (ok well the other rehashed one is an arrow, but you get my drift ;)).

Though it does use a cable Richard, so it would kinda fit in. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone on here (or at least who read it here) who reported this to screamscape. The only thing that stops me from dismissing this completely is the new bloke in charge. Hopefully though he's smarter then adding a second rate, second hand, 20 year old coaster.

well to tell you the truth, wouldn't you think that if dreamworld was only considering building that 1 new ride for september, and they weren't planning on building a new roller coaster for the near future that dreamworld would benefit with more publicity if the demon reopened in dreamworld for christmas this year? Everyone is saying that te demon is crap, can i ask everyone why? is it becasue it came from an expo? or was in wonderland the so called crappiest park in australia whcih everyone seems to dis for no imparticular reason? Apart from the cyclone they dont have any other looping roller coasters in the park. The demon goes upside down 6 times, the most in australia! 3 of which go backwards. i think its one of australia's best roller coasters in the top 3 for sure. Yeh it does need fixing, a new paint job which dreamworld would do anyway, but would you prefer dreamworld having no roller coaster until the distant future or have a new roller coaster to replace the thunderbolt by christmas this year. Just becasue dreamworld may inherit the demon doesn't mean they arent getting any more roller coasters. Its cheaper to buy then other roller coasters, easier and quicker to install becasue it aint big and doesn't take up much room. Think about it, dreamworld would benefit if on boxing day when the gates open there are more people going into the park to ride the demon. Its the same as the big dipper, the park got rid so dreamworld bought it. The people in queensland havent even ridden the demon unless you have gone to sydney for a holiday and went to wonderland. Even then its not a lot of people that have gone there. so i ask again why do you dis the demon? Why isnt good to go to dreamworld? Please fill me in!

OK, you're not understanding this whole communicating in the English language thing. Split long bodies of text, as above into paragraphs. Use capital letters to begin sentences and for proper nouns, such as "Dreamworld" or "Queensland". Throw in a few apostrophes and we'll almost be there. Now, your question was "Would you prefer Dreamworld having no roller coaster until the distant future or have a new roller coaster to replace the Thunderbolt by christmas this year?" My answer is yes, I would prefer Dreamworld had no roller coaster until the distant future rather than Demon. Demon isn't a great ride. Not because it is from Expo, not because it was at Wonderland, but because it's not a great ride! There's not much more to it than that. The ride provides no decent forces, it has no airtime, it's a relatively rough ride and the inversions are boring and badly designed. This is nothing like Big Dipper. Big Dipper was a ride that hadn't really operated in about five years, from a park very few people had visited those many years ago. Meanwhile Demon comes from a popular Sydney theme park that you'd be hard pressed finding a NSW resident who hasn't ridden it and is totally bored with it to death. Think that won't make a difference? Over 40% of Dreamworld's attendance is interstate, and easily 50% or more of that is from NSW. Think a ride that they used to be able to ride an hour from home will be an incentive to pack the bags for a week, book into an overpriced Gold Coast apartment and go to Dreamworld? Think again. You also called it "top 3". I say if it were on the Gold Coast, it would easily be the worst coaster there. Sorry, but there's no way that it's better than Corkscrew, Lethal Weapon, Road Runner, Scooby-Doo, Runaway Reptar, Eureka Mountain, Tower of Terror or Cyclone.

I don't think Beastie wolud go as a kiddie coaster especially seeing as it can get up to 90kmh :rolleyes: Only one of the people I know has been on Demon,and while I would love to sample a boomerang coaster,I would easily get bored of it,although maybe if it was indoors....

Beastie Bush Beast A bit of a difference between the two. Wooden coasters can be relocated. There's really nothing stopping it from happening, but I think with a ride like Beastie which hasn't operated in a few years and I'm sure wasn't in the greatest condition to start off with, it'd be a lot of bother, with only lukewarm results at best. Not sure why you'd need Beastie with Reptar right there, a much better example of a family coaster. You're still not understanding. No rides at Wonderland Sydney would be viable investments for a major park like Dreamworld. They've operated for up to 19 years at a very well known Australian park. People know these rides and consequently they won't attract guests to the park. These are my opinions - opinions shared by Dreamworld's management.

other than the scenic rilway which i dont even classify as a proper wooden roller coaster there arent any other wooden roller coaster in australia anymore. Wonderland claimed 2 wooden roller coasters, and i actually think they are really good. They have a different feel, apart from the roughness which i can handle unlike some other wingers in the forum, but if dreamworld gets a wooden roller coasters which i know they wont but just thinking how dreamworld would go with a wooden roller coaster would actually be really good. I know many people have gone to wonderland and rode all the rides but its not an excuse to say that people dont want to ride the rides there anymore. Yes there are NSW people from Sydney in particular going to queensland, but i am one of those people, and if i see that dreamworld has a new roller coaster as a recruit i would be entitled to go to dreamworld even more, not becasue its a new ride but becasue they have more to offer. There would be more rides, more roller coasters and better value for your money. I conclude by saying that it would be great for dreamworld to have a new roller coaster but i dont expect that to happen any time soon. to me i dont think that any park in australia will get people or designers to design a whole new roller coaster that has never had a copy of before. The only coaster we have like that is cyclone, and thunderbolt which was a disaster. I just expect theme parks to buy off other theme parks and it will always happen.

Shifty, Demon would be a real mistake for Dreamworld. Not only is it not much of a coaster, it's also mechanically stoof-ed! You have no idea how it was looked after, or more accurately, not looked after. Yeah yeah, slag me off I'm just disgruntled and telling porkies, but you have no idea. Shifty, your calls get better by the post. Move Beastie to Dreamworld. I love your sense of humour brother... Good thing it's only 'under' your curiousity.

The people in queensland havent even ridden the demon unless you have gone to sydney for a holiday and went to wonderland. Even then its not a lot of people that have gone there.
Ummmmmm hellooooo? Demon = Titan Wonderland = World Expo 88 Brisbane Brisbane = Queensland? People in queensland haven't ridden it unless they went to sydney for a holiday??? Shifty mate, im sorry, but you are honestly retarded. stop making crap up, call it like it is, or shut the hell up and stop posting crap. :D