DC Rivals HyperCoaster - backwards seating

My first ride on this was backwards. Definitely a must do. It does feel a lot more smoother going forwards though especially at the front of the train as you aren't just being flung around at the tail end through the tight corners. I could only do backwards twice before calling it quits due to it giving me a headache. The bunny hops are the end are awesome going backwards, as is the ascent to the top. Looking out over to the Batwing, you can definitely see that you are just above it as you reach the top of the lift hill. Definitely recommend going backwards for your first time on it as it makes it a bit more thrilling when you cannot see what it coming up. 

26 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Nice shot of @Slick there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glubbo said:
  1. Where do you buy the rear seat passes?

1 hour ago, ThemeTendo said:

8. Just at the queue entrance. Can't miss it -they've got a bright fuschia sign for it and a few staff there. (however I'm sure this will be moved to the Photo/Video/Fast Track booth at the front during offpeak)

• Currently only running one train.

You can already buy the passes for the back row from the Ride photo booth..

At around 3:45pm - 4pm they added the second train to the tracks to make sure they could go through the rest of the people that were already in line before the park was due to close.

1 hour ago, JaggedJanine said:

My first ride on this was backwards. Definitely a must do. It does feel a lot more smoother going forwards though especially at the front of the train as you aren't just being flung around at the tail end through the tight corners. I could only do backwards twice before calling it quits due to it giving me a headache. The bunny hops are the end are awesome going backwards, as is the ascent to the top. Looking out over to the Batwing, you can definitely see that you are just above it as you reach the top of the lift hill. Definitely recommend going backwards for your first time on it as it makes it a bit more thrilling when you cannot see what it coming up. 

Nice shot of @Slick there!

Saw myself on there as well... right in front of Slick in the green shirt paying for backwards. Totally recommend going backwards first as well!

2 hours ago, ash.1111 said:

Re backseats - was there less of a wait for the backwards rows (factoring in time spent, as it's only 2 seats per train)?

Also, do they usually 'cap' sales within a certain time period? I don't want to miss out if I do the first ride facing forwards.

Due to the length of the normal line, the backwards facing line was definitely quicker. The only time we had more than 3 or 4 cycles in front of us was when they were adding the other train to the track and it backed up to maybe 12 cycles.

They were selling limited wristbands per each half hour session. Yes, you got given a 30min window in which to use it. 

I would just ride it forwards then buy your backwards ticket and line up again. It is $10 so they can sell out but today that was only about half an hour in advance towards the end of the day.

• Like 1

I was the lucky person to be the first member of the GP to ride backwards (Brother and I can be seen on the second train out of the station in the video posted earlier. The first train was primarily filled with VRTP Exec's family members). The coaster has already been summed up beautifully by the previous comments so I'll just say this. This is the single best roller coaster that I have personally been on and riding backwards first was the best decision I have ever made. Backwards was the most amazing way to experience DCR and I cannot wait to try it again.

• Like 1

Just met a few Parkz members. Enjoy, everyone!

IMG_9254.JPG

I believe I just had a religious experience.

Backwards is magical. I know this track by heart from the construction thred, yet was still blown away by the G's everywhere, especially in the snappy turns, and I agree with the posts before me - airtime in the back seat is insane, especially the bunny hops! Felt like I was being thrown out the back of a ute going over a crest.

I also like the dips in the helix, those G's felt great in reverse.

2 Trains running!

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

@Slick Im keen to know what you thought about the backwards seating. Did you like it better than normal seating??

Way, way, way better than the front seats. It's what I wanted Rivals to be. It just hauls arse in a giddy, relentless kind of way. I don't think you'd want to do it five times in a row, but i'd definitely do it once in a while. Plus, with the 45 degree lift hill, the second you start going up all you've got is the lapbar holding you in place. It's definitely un-nerving.

I've heard row 10 is the place to be in terms of front-facing seats. Will have to report back on that one soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slick said:

I've heard row 10 is the place to be in terms of front-facing seats. Will have to report back on that one soon.

Definetly. The first drop is so damn amazing in the back rows. I've only been in row 8 and even that was incredible so I can't wait to try row 10. 

Hopefully heading down tomorrow to try the backwards seats :D

I've been lucky enough to get on row 10 and I've gotta say. It's the closest you're going to get to the backwards seat while still facing the right way. It is almost as intense as riding it backwards but with the ability to see what's coming up. Whenever I go facing forwards, I'm hoping for row 10.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

I've been lucky enough to get on row 10 and I've gotta say. It's the closest you're going to get to the backwards seat while still facing the right way. It is almost as intense as riding it backwards but with the ability to see what's coming up. Whenever I go facing forwards, I'm hoping for row 10.

^Can't you choose, or ask nicely, for the forward facing row you want to ride in? Because I always ask the grouper on Superman and Green Lantern, and 99% of the time they come to the party.

Edited by Luke

I've experienced a couple of different ride ops where some will say go to row 'such and such' and some will just count you through & let you decide. When I got to decide I hopped In row 10, however they miss counted and the ride op told us we could go on the next train in the front row.. which of course I agreed to 😂 

Row 10 I wouldn't see as a problem by just asking on the way through if you can go into that row. For the front you would obviously have to stand aside & wait for the next train. Got to give it to the awesome MW staff for letting people do that 👏🏼 especially if you have been waiting in line for an hour & wanting a specific row.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slick said:

Way, way, way better than the front seats. It's what I wanted Rivals to be. It just hauls arse in a giddy, relentless kind of way. I don't think you'd want to do it five times in a row, but i'd definitely do it once in a while. Plus, with the 45 degree lift hill, the second you start going up all you've got is the lapbar holding you in place. It's definitely un-nerving.

I was lucky enough to get 10th row and then back row straight afterwards. I can say, 10th row is CRAZY intense on the bunny hills. Definitely the most extreme airtime hills i've experienced. The NIL is also extremely intense on row 10, but even more intense going backwards, because it really drags you down quickly. REALLY smart idea to add these backwards seats.

• Like 1