DC Rivals HyperCoaster - backwards seating

I finally got a chance to ride Rivals Backwards last weekend during the early entry and I must say it is a completely different experience to riding it forwards. Despite knowing this track pretty well, backwards completely throws you off and at times often forgot about parts of the ride. The first drop feels even longer and more forceful, and the airtime throughout the whole ride is insane. And the NIL is a whole other level of crazy. Because of the 'not knowing where you are going', I did feel very sick afterwards, but that was just me personally and Im sure not everyone will react the same. But if you think you've got the stomach for it, a highly recommend riding it backwards.

• Like 2

Rode it finally today after being away from work. Been following this since day dot. Was there at 930 got first ride in row 10. Amazing. First drop was wicked bunny hops though were mine and the mrs favourite. Went straight to purchase backwards pass first of the day. Cant even put words together at to how good this was. We were blown away. Not knowing at all as to where you are going. The non inverting loop was crazy and onceagain the bunny hops getting air from your seat but being pushed into the harness was exhilarating. Backwards was by far the better of the 2. Keen to try the front but cant see it beating that $10 feeling of backwards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Backwards is incredible! I could feel the force literally in my toes. The airtime during the last bunny hills are amazing, you literally feel like you’re thrown out of your seat! As it was my first riding since reading everyone’s opinion my expectations were high -  I felt it wasn’t as “intense” as I expected but it was a really fun ride and in my top 5 for best roller coasters in the world. 

Edited by jack.c
  • Like 1