Is DC Rivals HyperCoaster open today? How long is the queue? How many trains?

Richard

Yeah, the film crew there today was some political thing. 

Whilst im here, I can’t believe how amazing this ride is. I’ve riden all the “greatest” coasters throughout the US and DC rivals is genuinely up there amongst my top 5. The airtime on those last 3 bunny hills on the backwards seats is the best airtime I’ve EVER experienced. The force throughout the helix is a lot weaker than I expected but it still knocks hard! Mack truly created a the perfect coaster, this coaster is an actual masterpiece. 

Edited by jack.c
  • Like 4

While I've only actually been on it three times, 1st time backwards then straight away forwards then the 3rd time backwards again (a few weeks later) I actually found forwards a little underwhelming. 

I think I was underwhelmed* with forwards because backwards is so good.  And I agree, the air time on those 'little' bunny hills is awesome, I wasn't expecting that.

* just to clarify, it's still an awesome ride going forwards but to me, backwards is next level.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

^ you should try it in the rain because wow that thing is fast when everything is super-slick! An added bonus - no wait to ride = WoW. Seriously you need to go back and ride it again.

She's a bit like a good bottle of Red really.  Or maybe cognac🤣

Fingers crossed for showers while we are there tomorrow! 

Yeah... you would think with two major rides closed they would want to be increasing the capacity a little bit especially on a weekend. Also seems to be a rather new (if not bizarre procedure) that you can't request to wait for the front row after 4:30pm anymore. I can understand once the park is closed and your down to the last few trains saying no because last thing you want is people asking to wait for the front row and having to run multiple otherwise empty trains.

I thought that it was a very strange procedure and IMO one that is just stupid. But hey, VRL are known for their operations...

• Richard unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at White Christmas tonight and ended up getting 4 rides in - one of which was backwards. 

They had two trains running however the left seat in row 2 was out of use on one train and the right seat in row 5 on the other train was also out of use. 

Not sure if they’d been out awhile now or only recently. 

5 hours ago, Aimsley81 said:

I was at White Christmas tonight and ended up getting 4 rides in - one of which was backwards. 

They had two trains running however the left seat in row 2 was out of use on one train and the right seat in row 5 on the other train was also out of use. 

Both trains were running all seats on Saturday...

6 hours ago, Aimsley81 said:

I went on Monday and both of those seats where out of use for the whole day

Seats mentioned above are still out. Interesting to note I found the ride felt noticeably faster today in the heat, and the trims seemed to be a lot more noticeable to.

Queue was looking like this from just after lunchtime so plenty of rerides today. Definitely recommend going this week before crowds kick in.

FFE57AF9-1D6F-44FC-B155-AF1901B61999.thumb.jpeg.b3546149074373586f80297e1eda91e1.jpeg

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, Santa07 said:

Seats mentioned above are still out. Interesting to note I found the ride felt noticeably faster today in the heat, and the trims seemed to be a lot more noticeable to.

Queue was looking like this from just after lunchtime so plenty of rerides today. Definitely recommend going this week before crowds kick in.

FFE57AF9-1D6F-44FC-B155-AF1901B61999.thumb.jpeg.b3546149074373586f80297e1eda91e1.jpeg

With lunch time and a 12:15pm HWSD show...  Yeah this has been all week...  Most of the queues have been in SDSC and JL3D thanks to the air con :P 

23 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

No idea why Passholders are wasting their time visiting this time of year?

If it was up to me I would block them out entirely (peak dates only like 26th Dec -7th Jan), unless they are prepared to pay loads more for a super premium pass..

Exactly. They go and then are probably often the ones that complain it’s too busy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 5:51 PM, GoGoBoy said:

Exactly. They go and then are probably often the ones that complain it’s too busy.

Just catching up after some time away - but whats worse is the muttonhead passholes that would buy the fast track when it was cheap who were complaining that it was now unaffordable for them on every trip and only within reach of tourists who wouldn't give repeat business on the product... as if that was a valid complaint...

I read that and just went... "good!"

• Like 1