Cementing Movie World

With DC Rivals open, it's not likely that Movie World will make any big announcements or moves for a long time, which is understandable with what they have produced. This topic is to suggest little things Movie World can do to improve. Example, create a pathway from A to B. An example of what not to say, create a new area with all new rides and attractions.

Here's my proposed plan, feel free to share yours.

- Sail DC Rivals queue, just a few poles and some sails will do to create shade for the larger part of the queue, currently your fried waiting in a long queue.

- Get rid of the queue for justice league, the queuing inside is cooler and is enough to compensate for the amount of riders even in heavy traffic. I don't see a need to have people queue outside for Justice League. Maybe even set up a DC Rivals Store.

- Improve streets parade, just do it please, I have no interest in seeing looney tunes dance. The superheroes and super villains parade was great and I hope it returns for good!

- Improve HWSD, I mean the show really needs a complete makeover, but we're talking minor, so changing the stunts and storyline could certainly help the show out for regular park guests who are not interested in HWSD anymore. 

- Improve Arcade, take out the outdated, old arcade games and add more recent and new arcade games. They have barely changed and the variety is very lacklustre. Their are also no good claw machines.

- Shut down Scooby Doo until referb, all it's doing is making regular non-enthusiasts angry as they just believe that MW has removed the scenery and that's it. So close it until it is presentable, it's also influencing reviews of Movie World.

- Change up the Shows- Once again, if you can change the shows for a superheroes/villains event, surely you can change/mix up the regular one's with new stories and character. *Hint - I want to see penguin. 

- More free roam characters- Superheroes/villains event did it right, always a couple of characters roaming, and they were all different instead of your vanilla batman and superman. I mean it's fine to have them seeing as they are the faces of Movie World, but chuck in some villains. *Not just the Joker. Also, it was good having the cop car as it was a good place to get a photo with a character with a cool background, instead of random people walking around. Makes photos feel more like ride photos where you are put into a setting.

- More buffet options- Not everyone likes pizza, maybe mix it up, I mean pizza is the only option unless you fancy eating batman bread and chips.

- Do a little bit extra with the Batwing- Smoke coming out of the bottom when you are about to take off, flashing lights when you take off. Just these little things enhance the ride experience. 

- More interaction- I don't think the DC wristbands are good at all, but if they want to make them more appealing, add some intractable games or whatever in the courtyard of Arkham asylum. Their is plenty of space, but make sure they are more interesting, maybe riddler puzzles.

That's it for now, feel free to leave suggestions and tell me that this topic is stupid. Thanks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Sail DC Rivals queue, just a few poles and some sails will do to create shade for the larger part of the queue, currently your fried waiting in a long queue

That's already happening isn't it? Look at the Parkz update. 

Get rid of the queue for justice league, the queuing inside is cooler and is enough to compensate for the amount of riders even in heavy traffic. I don't see a need to have people queue outside for Justice League. Maybe even set up a DC Rivals Store.

You mean a store like the existing one directly across from it? And why create an additional empty area? The hall of justice looks good with the forecourt. 

Improve streets parade, just do it please, I have no interest in seeing looney tunes dance. The superheroes and super villains parade was great and I hope it returns for good

You do realise you're not their only target market, right? 

Improve HWSD, I mean the show really needs a complete makeover, but we're talking minor, so changing the stunts and storyline could certainly help the show out for regular park guests who are not interested in HWSD anymore. 

It's been known for a very long time that HWSD2 is under review and likely to be gone by the end of 2018. Just be patient. 

Improve Arcade, take out the outdated, old arcade games and add more recent and new arcade games. They have barely changed and the variety is very lacklustre. Their are also no good claw machines

Maybe one of your only, if not your only semi valid point. 

Shut down Scooby Doo until referb, all it's doing is making regular non-enthusiasts angry as they just believe that MW has removed the scenery and that's it. So close it until it is presentable, it's also influencing reviews of Movie World.

Got statistics to back this up? And why close an extremely popular ride until they have to? People still go on it and get enjoyment from it even if you don't. 

Change up the Shows- Once again, if you can change the shows for a superheroes/villains event, surely you can change/mix up the regular one's with new stories and character. *Hint - I want to see penguin. 

Hey look you made a valid point. Good for you!

More free roam characters- Superheroes/villains event did it right, always a couple of characters roaming, and they were all different instead of your vanilla batman and superman. I mean it's fine to have them seeing as they are the faces of Movie World, but chuck in some villains. *Not just the Joker. Also, it was good having the cop car as it was a good place to get a photo with a character with a cool background, instead of random people walking around. Makes photos feel more like ride photos where you are put into a setting.

But then they wouldn't be able to use them for "special" events as everyone would be used to seeing them all the time anyway. There's a balance. Maybe they haven't reached it yet, but they still need to keep something up their sleeves. 

More buffet options- Not everyone likes pizza, maybe mix it up, I mean pizza is the only option unless you fancy eating batman bread and chips

And yet it's still very popular. 

Do a little bit extra with the Batwing- Smoke coming out of the bottom when you are about to take off, flashing lights when you take off. Just these little things enhance the ride experience. 

Might be nice but why spend money on refreshing an already very popular ride until you need to draw the queue back? Better off maintaining it in its current form then adding stuff like that to it later when the popularity dies off. 

More interaction- I don't think the DC wristbands are good at all, but if they want to make them more appealing, add some intractable games or whatever in the courtyard of Arkham asylum. Their is plenty of space, but make sure they are more interesting, maybe riddler puzzles.

I assume you mean interactive elements in the AA area. Maybe they need the area for upcoming development? Also why draw a crowd to the exit of a ride just because you can?

1 hour ago, Reanimated35 said:

That's already happening isn't it? Look at the Parkz update. 

Yep, you're right

You mean a store like the existing one directly across from it? And why create an additional empty area? The hall of justice looks good with the forecourt. 

At least get rid of the queue, it's pointless, I mean the queue itself as in the poles and chains.

You do realise you're not their only target market, right? 

Yes, I know but I mean change it up, I mean I've seen it to many times, it needs an overhaul.

It's been known for a very long time that HWSD2 is under review and likely to be gone by the end of 2018. Just be patient. 

I can still encourage

Maybe one of your only, if not your only semi valid point. 

I wish I was as knowledgable as you.

Got statistics to back this up? And why close an extremely popular ride until they have to? People still go on it and get enjoyment from it even if you don't. 

Look on fb reviews, it's all people saying what happened to Scooby.

Hey look you made a valid point. Good for you!

Narcisist

But then they wouldn't be able to use them for "special" events as everyone would be used to seeing them all the time anyway. There's a balance. Maybe they haven't reached it yet, but they still need to keep something up their sleeves. 

And yet it's still very popular. 

Always room for improvement

Might be nice but why spend money on refreshing an already very popular ride until you need to draw the queue back? Better off maintaining it in its current form then adding stuff like that to it later when the popularity dies off. 

It is a very small addition and is cheap.

I assume you mean interactive elements in the AA area. Maybe they need the area for upcoming development? Also why draw a crowd to the exit of a ride just because you can? 

It isn't going to draw a massive crowd so they you can't get off AA.

Thank you for your feedback, even though you basically tried to pass me off as brain dead ;)

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

2 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

- More free roam characters- Superheroes/villains event did it right, always a couple of characters roaming, and they were all different instead of your vanilla batman and superman. I mean it's fine to have them seeing as they are the faces of Movie World, but chuck in some villains. *Not just the Joker. Also, it was good having the cop car as it was a good place to get a photo with a character with a cool background, instead of random people walking around. Makes photos feel more like ride photos where you are put into a setting.

They don't have just the joker as a park villain. There is also Catwoman and Harley Quinn who appear daily.

They have also already brought in a few more regular characters. Including Marvin the Martian, Porky Pig, Audrey Hepburn and also Wile. E Coyote.

Yes, I know but I mean change it up, I mean I've seen it to many times, it needs an overhaul.

Once again, you're not the only person who attends the park. You're not their only target audience. They don't have to cater solely to you.

I can still encourage

It's like flogging a dead horse. Telling them to do something they're already in the process of doing isn't going to make them do it any faster. 

Look on fb reviews, it's all people saying what happened to Scooby.

I'm looking. And of the latest 10 reviews, your "all people" is 1 out of 10. 

1.thumb.JPG.d7c3731f300ceeec79bdb33437d6f1e1.JPG2.thumb.JPG.0463a8b8791e135ef1b5beca1d52ef83.JPG3.thumb.JPG.b3cb0797c9642b964867b6ef98909d00.JPG4.thumb.JPG.e3a47edaa344502672cc22de5be46e40.JPG5.thumb.JPG.23e0c4028b42b57e7a269f01c5cb9b71.JPG

It is a very small addition and is cheap.

But why add to an already popular ride? Clearly people are still flocking to it. Adding more would be great, but at the right time. IMO that time is not now. Wait til everyone loses interest then make the ride "new/refreshed" again. 

It isn't going to draw a massive crowd so they you can't get off AA.

But my point is why draw a crowd to a dead zone in the park? Why not wait til a ride is added in the area (if it is) then add elements around it? Assuming there's any room left then. 

even though you basically tried to pass me off as brain dead

Because you needed help there....

I think SW needs to be where the next couple of big investements are made.

As it currently stands, I think MW has a pretty kick ass line up.  Superman Rivals and Scooby (when it's not shit) might well be one of the great 3 punch combos in the world.  Green Lantarn Arkham and Wild West, while not much on the international stage are also really good rides (and WWF is brilliant).  They've also got Doomsday and Batwing and Justice Leauge acting as filler.  Not a bad line up.  

Where it falls down for me is a lackluster kiddie ride lineup (Road Runner aside) and shows which are frankly an embarrassment.  So that's where I'd be improving the park between now and their next big attraction.  Start with a new Stunt Show that isn't a 20min preshow for the fireball.  Ideally something with a non DC IP, Mad Max could fit the bill if done right.  I think they do need to bite the bullet and come to terms with spending money on IPs too.  The parade could also do with being rebuilt from the ground up rather than the endless reshuffling of the same deck of cards it is now.

Outside of that I feel like they need to put in the amount of effort into day trade as they do into night events.  If I said the street entertainment was lackluster I feel like I'd be talking it up, yet come Carnival or Fright Nights then all of a sudden its worth putting in some effort into making the entertainment good.  It doesn't even have to be the most amazing thing ever, even some live music would bring an extra element to the park. Tell me MW wouldn't be a next level park if aside from having a kickass stunt show you also replaced the time share fuckers with some cowboys playing the banjo or fiddle in western town, or some random bands playing in Gotham courtyard or a wandering Jazz band on main street.  That wouldn't even be hard but would be so much more real than the current Movie World street show, which is mostly pre recorded dialouge and like 2 or 3 tracks and actors miming to that.

Improving the entertainment is an ongoing process that never really finishes, so somewhere in there I'd like the west side of WB Kids demolished from Speedy's to the service road (and the designated parents rest area moved to between the Carousel and Road Runner) with either one really good outdoor kids ride taking that space or a new kids ride package.  Either way could work well, particularly with Speedy's gone opening up the area.

Combine that with fixing Scooby and turning Stars into a really nice movie memorabilia museum and I think you've got enough little projects to keep you going till you add a big family adventure ride into the show stage in a bunch of years.

• Like 3

On 19/09/2017 at 10:45 AM, joz said:

I'd like the west side of WB Kids demolished from Speedy's to the service road (and the designated parents rest area moved to between the Carousel and Road Runner) with either one really good outdoor kids ride taking that space or a new kids ride package.  Either way could work well, particularly with Speedy's gone opening up the area.

One only has to look at Nick Land at SW. Not a huge space, got a few nicely themed kids rides in there that will keep them busy for ages. I took my niece and nephew there a few months back, and I was worried that there wouldn't be enough rides to keep them occupied. I was wrong.

The space you've referred to wouldn't be a great loss, but to update it in a similar fashion to Nick land would really complete the park in my opinion.

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

One only has to look at Nick Land at SW. Not a huge space, got a few nicely themed kids rides in there that will keep them busy for ages. I took my niece and nephew there a few months back, and I was worried that there wouldn't be enough rides to keep them occupied. I was wrong.

The space you've referred to wouldn't be a great loss, but to update it in a similar fashion to Nick land would really complete the park in my opinion.

kids wb  will never be complete until they replace the looney tunes river ride 

• Like 2

Visiting movie world around 2 weeks ago whilst on holidays, I feel that movie world has lost some of the magic that I felt it had when I last visited a while back.

Here are some of my improvement points: 

1. I think more effort needs to be put into new rides in having a proper storyline, and a immersive ride queue rather than just plonking in some metal railings, shade cloths and a few superhero statues/drawings (i.e: GL, doomsday, batwing, DC rivals). 

It makes it feel like the rides have been just plonked in their locations, rides feel out-of-the-box/cheap, and reduces the overall experience/magic that is expected of a movie/studio related themepark. 

2. The back of the park around WWF and doomsday felt dead when we walked around there during our visit. I'm sure that the current closure of WWF hasn't helped, though I noted many of the shops/stalls in that area weren't open or closed early. 

- Open/ extend the trading hours of these stalls. 

- Connect WWF with AA/front of park, to create a loop around the park, to try and pull more people hovering around the front of the park. Replacing AA or adding another attraction on this route in the future would help also. 

3. More healthier/lower calorie food and healthier drink options. Examples could include sugar-free slurpee flavours, fresh iced teas, and bun-less burgers. 

4. More characters walking randomly around the park, interacting with guests and allowing photo ops. Around closing time some of the characters could hang around the closing gate to wave visitors goodby and provide some final photo opportunities. 

Finally, trying to stay on topic, I believe that the current WB kids offering should be refreshed/updated, with a few more family friendly (mild/medium thrill) rides be put in the park.  

• Like 1