Cementing Movie World

I've been lurking on this forum for years and finally made an account to post haha

In a dream world I would absolutely love to see HWSD replaced with a Mad Max themed stunt show, it's a WB franchise, filmed in Australia with one of the main attractions to the series being the physical stunts and outrageous cars. It's something I've had in mind since the short promotional stunt show that was held outside the Sydney opera house!

i think it would be a really unique and cool addition to the theme park as I find the current stunt show stale and just a tad predictable, adding something more close to home and relevant would be exciting!images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKRn5m5mg79feFOxt5HbG

^ pic of stunt show

• Like 3

Yeah we’ve discussed many a time here in the past few years the value that the MM licence could bring to the park, most notably in the arena by way of a stunt show. 

Unfortunately the further in time we go from the film release, the less likely it becomes to ever see fruition.

There was some murmurs earlier in the year though that HWSD, at least in its current form, was on its last legs so to speak, so hopefully something new in 2018

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Unfortunately the further in time we go from the film release, the less likely it becomes to ever see fruition.

I think the biggest fallacy regarding Movie World is that they somehow need to tie their attractions to big film releases to stay relevant. Let's face it, it's a theme park not a museum, being relevant to cultural phenomena is secondary (generously speaking) to actually having a good ride experience. Wild West Falls being the truest indicator of this, a legendary ride originally (tenuously) themed to a flopbuster and thereafter renamed to possibly the most generic of theme park staples, and yet I don't here anyone frantically calling for it to be tied to whatever flavour of the month multiplex monstrosity that's raking in the big bucks.

tl;dr, HWSD doesn't need to be Mad Max themed or whatever, it just needs to be good and fun and funny. Like, seriously just make it Police Academy again, who the f cares if it's not relevant as a movie franchise. Last time I checked people were still watching and enjoying the damn thing.

stl;sdr; good ride/attractions >good theme/good movie tie-in.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I think the biggest fallacy regarding Movie World is that they somehow need to tie their attractions to big film releases to stay relevant.

^^^ This!!

A good immersive attraction not branded to a particular movie will remain relavent much longer than an attraction associated to one. 

Although associating an attraction to a movie might help in marketing and gettting people into the park on day 1, a good quality immersive attraction will always keep people coming back regardless. 

Look at also space and splash mountains in the US... some of the best rides in the world. No one is requesting D to pull them down. 

IMO, I think it's good (and smart) for a theme park to have a mixture of both. 

Edited by cheski
Grammatical errors

15 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I think the biggest fallacy regarding Movie World is that they somehow need to tie their attractions to big film releases to stay relevant.

The park is literally called 'Warner Bros. Movie World' though.  Also, their slogan is still 'Hollywood on the Gold Coast'.

They don't need to constantly be building/retheming rides based on recent big film releases, but it's not really a 'Warner Bros. Movie' themed 'World' if it doesn't have any attractions actually themed to WB movies.

The attractions need to at least tie in with the overall theme of the park.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 3.05.55 pm.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wikiverse said:

The park is literally called 'Warner Bros. Movie World' though.  Also, their slogan is still 'Hollywood on the Gold Coast'.

They don't need to constantly be building/retheming rides based on recent big film releases, but it's not really a 'Warner Bros. Movie' themed 'World' if it doesn't have any attractions actually themed to WB movies.

The attractions need to at least tie in with the overall theme of the park.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 3.05.55 pm.png

Agreed 100%.

I think currently some of the attractions do so, but with an overwhelming focus on DC characters for the most part.

Warner Brothers has produced a lot more great family movies than just DC!

12 hours ago, westical said:

Got a source for that claim?

I'm sure you could do some googling, but in short, as many know, Splash Mountain is loosely based on the Disney film - "Song of the South" - a film that has never been released on home video \ DVD in the united states.

Some critics have described the film's portrayal of African Americans as racist and offensive, pointing out the black vernacular and other qualities as stereotypes.

Despite the fact that the racism angle is just one of many (and there are plenty of angles that don't tar the film with the racism brush), logic and common sense don't make it too far in the zealot's world, and it became an outlet for the protesters to focus on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_the_South#Controversies