Movie World New Park Map

themagician

@joz Expanding on from your point. Take the kids area and WWF for example. The kids area is really just a bunch of labels of the area, with no clear indication what the majority of the rides are, or where they are exactly located. And WWF seems to just be at the back, with no clear entrance to it. Same with AA, without visiting the park already, how do you get to the ride exactly? The more I look at it, the less I like it. The angle isn't right, and the tacky style of the map doesn't seem right. It makes everything seem likes it is all on top of each and not spread out, which isn't how you want to the park to be seen.  

1 hour ago, joz said:

Really?  Easier to follow.  It doesn't have paths on it.  It's utterly useless.  If the point is to be a representation online thats fine, but you couldn't get around the park with it

just my personal opinion, i thought the asphalt coloured paths looked more recognisable as paths than the white on first glance.

Map is no good. Labels in kids zone blocks out most of the actual rides and yes you can hardly see the pathways to get anywhere. Does the junior driving school building only use half of what was used for the Looney Tunes River Ride?, the map cuts in half some other buildings next to the main building as well.

1 hour ago, Jdude95 said:

And moving the path to Superman from being inline with the front gates to beginning right next to the department store.

The map is accurate you are just looking at the wrong thing. I have indicated in red the actual path to SE. The white paths there exist but past the department store it is a staff only area.

Capture.PNG

@Skeeta It used to have the 'Theme Parks Pocket Guide' app, which had a park map on it, and also could be sued in SW and WnW, but it was never really marketed, updated or used. So they got rid of it.

MW does have a simple layout and can be easily moved around, but they do still need a map, so people know exactly where rides are when they visit the park for the first time. And as the park doesn't have signage saying where rides are, the map is necessary. But for me, this new design makes the park seem so much more complicated than it is. Maybe this is only for online to give an overview, and the in park map is different, but then if that was the case, why upload a very poor quality version of it. 

The same can be said for WnW, they haven't updated that map in years on the website, and it still doesn't include the Constrictor, WnW Junior, or the Buggys. Surely it isn't too difficult to update the website regularly. DW do it, and their park map on the website is always the latest version.