DC Rivals Hypercoaster Photography/Videography

themagician

2 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

@Glubbo That pic is my favourite.

The Australian GP are not ready for this ride. I can imagine a lot of people so far actually won't know what hit them after that first drop.

My concern is a lot of people won't know about the ride at all. If I wasn't a park enthusiast and member of Parkz I wouldn't know that Australia's biggest and best ever theme park ride had just opened.

Edited by GoGoBoy

@GoGoBoy Yeah absolutely.

I don't know too many people who know of its existence outside of people who live in Brisbane/GC and enthusiasts. I have faith the ride will just speak for itself and in a few years everyone will have had a friend who's ridden it and raved about it, but the initial marketing has been pretty much nonexistent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flea said:

^ Yeah but this deserves a major national campaign. Rivals and everything else they've added over the last couple of years is enough reason for interstate families to plan trips. Maybe it's coming but I know I would've done things totally differently.

It's bizarre - as far as I can tell Village Parks doesn't value interstate business much anymore. It's rare to see an ad down here, especially one advertising a new attraction. Years ago everyone knew when a park installed a new attraction.

1 hour ago, GoGoBoy said:

It's bizarre - as far as I can tell Village Parks doesn't value interstate business much anymore. It's rare to see an ad down here, especially one advertising a new attraction. Years ago everyone knew when a park installed a new attraction.

Yet in Perth I get adds for a Season Pass at Dreamworld.

20 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

@GoGoBoy Yeah absolutely.

I don't know too many people who know of its existence outside of people who live in Brisbane/GC and enthusiasts. I have faith the ride will just speak for itself and in a few years everyone will have had a friend who's ridden it and raved about it, but the initial marketing has been pretty much nonexistent.

The social media coverage from guests is doing a stellar job in lieu. So many people are posting about Rivals to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram while in the queue, post ride and even the car park. 

I got a lot of mobile video of Rivals in action from inside and outside the park (on the new footpath mainly). Dunno why, but most of it I shot was using the slow-mo mode, and decided to put them together in a video. Then I just kept going. Believe it or not, I made this entirely using iMovie, apart from the title screen (made in Photoshop).

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1