Control panel pictures

Luke Costello

7 minutes ago, Minions! said:

Cough Cough.....Theme park Review's, photo not yours!

Well, he didn't say it was his, he said 'here is one OF tot'. Besides, does anyone really care about TPR anymore?

38 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

What do all those controls do.

I count 17 buttons, 3 key holes and 2 switches.

Also what a bizarre topic.

Some look like buttons, but others would be indicator lights. I have no knowledge of this specific panel, but based on what I can see, and a few assumptions, i'll suggest:

• one key is the 'operations key' to enable the ride for normal operations.
  • The second will be an 'auto \ manual' switch to allow manual operation as appropriate
  • the third key should be the e-stop reset. Once an e-stop is hit, it should require a key to reset the ride to prevent misuse.
  • From what I can read, the blue indicator looks to be labelled 'XXX cable engaged' - (i'm assuming this might be the tow cable for overshoot recovery, because i can't think of anything else)
  • bottom left orange - not sure if button or light - one is forward, the other reverse, and either indicates the direction of travel of the car, or if buttons, would be for use during manual control, perhaps to jog the car.
  • to the right is your ride start button. I'm assuming the top is the button to start, and underneath is a light to indicate the ride is ready to start, which probably doesn't illuminate until the other operator engages the switch on their console to give the all-clear.
  • TO the right of that, the upper red one is ride stop. Not sure if the lower red one is another indicator, as with the start, or if it has some other function.

The others i have less of a clue over, but you probably need to have a harness locked indicator (which may just be the green light under start), as well as a button to unlock harnesses if someone needs to be released before launch. I would think given what i can see that the light that is actually lit is the harness indicator, with the two buttons below being a lock \ unlock.

I'm also not sure whether the tunnel siren (the pulse sound near GD just before launch) is manually activated or is tied into the ride start.

I wonder if we have any ToT operators on the boards who can shed any light on this...

• Like 1

@Theme Park I am not 100 percent share what all the controls do but the key switch to the far right switches the ride from operation to maintenance.

The green button just bellow the ear muff sticker Dispatches the train.

The other key switch turns the controls on and off.

The orange button turns the lights off and starts the sound effects.

The big red button at the top is the e-stop.

And the red plaque says If dispatching car between 7:45 and 9:00 am please confirm with tiger island via two way radio prior to dispatch.

i hope this helped :)

• Like 1

Control panel for The Beast (KMG XXL)

The red box next to the panel is the remote control that helps set the ride up, it controls the walking system, hydraulic cylinders, winch system etc.

The three white buttons at the bottom of the control panel control the swing of the ride (15%, 40%, 100%) the switch is for the restraint locks, blue button is reset, red light is failure, and the dial on the right controls the spinning of the gondolas.

14305455_337770079897178_2375924152319695778_o.thumb.jpg.e8327b916cd953307098b359cf3022da.jpg

Edited by HussRainbow87
  • Like 5

@Theme Park I am not 100 percent share what all the controls do but the key switch to the far right switches the ride from operation to maintenance.

The green button just bellow the ear muff sticker Dispatches the train.

The other key switch turns the controls on and off.

The orange button turns the lights off and starts the sound effects.

The big red button at the top is the e-stop.

And the red plaque says If dispatching car between 7:45 and 9:00 am please confirm with tiger island via two way radio prior to dispatch.

i hope this helped :)

Edited by Luke Costello

1 minute ago, Luke Costello said:

@Theme Park

@HussRainbow87 that is a good. Do you operate this ride

Nah, I just work on deck... I have driven it though.... very easy! the ride has a limit switch that it will hit after a short while of the ride running at 100%, you then just take it back to 40% and then you can drive it back up to 100%

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

They banned me on Twitter because I said that starting a witch hunt on disabled people isn't a great idea. 

Dude be cray.

seriously

9 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

I was waiting to get on EE and I was in the front row and the cast member at that control panel went to the back row to check harnesses so while she went down I pulled out my phone and took a pick. The control panel was very close I could literally touch it. 

oh nice

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough doesn’t have to be. As a red mushroom button on a yellow background it’s requirement is that it must be an Emergency Stop (fun fact E Stop is the exact same thing Dreamworld) which must kill all energy of a device. 

That makes Dreamworlds bizarre panel of death all the more baffling. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...