Seat size on Hypercoaster

HandsyGruber

Hi, 

I haven't been to movieworld for a few years and I'm very very very excited about Hypercoaster. I'm a fat person and just wondering if any plus size or bigger people have any comments on seat size on the Hypercoaster just so I know what to expect. I'm going to try no matter to squeeze my butt on but a heads up would be appreciated.

In the past ive had only minor issues with tower of terror with my chest size,  but giant drop, Scooby-Doo the motorcycle one, buzzsaw and green lantern I've had no issues with despite other forums suggesting I would- assumedly due to my squish factor rather than solidness.  

If anything, you might find DD more restrictive.

The seatbelt buckle that plugs into the restraint on Rivals is fully adjustable and 'guides' in to the restraint. 

I actually find the seats more supportive than most office chairs and even cars! Mack have done a brilliant job to ensure your not only secure but also physically supported while flying around the circuit. Have fun 😃

• Like 1

Can confirm that that seats/harness for Rivals is a little more restrictive than Scooby doo. My wife rides Scooby doo (attendants always give the bar an extra push down for her to squeeze her in) but she couldn’t fit on rivals. Not by much kind you, the clip was less than an inch from clicking in. She’s never had issues with any other ride.

Unhappy wife after I rode it twice forwards and backwards in my own. It’s what I get for marrying a big bootied girl.

• Like 2

On 16/10/2017 at 12:34 AM, Brad2912 said:

SDSC is probably the most restrictive in terms of size from what I’ve seen with people. If you make it on there you’ll be sweet on Rivals 

That's strange, I'm also bigger and I can easily fit on SDSC but when I went to Superman back in April, I wasn't allowed on because it was like 3cm off some white line on the harness. 

Whilst scooby is tight, the harness can be shoved into lock position. With Rivals, even if the seatbelt clicks in, that doesn't mean it's at lock. I've seen larger guys get the seatbelt in, and have an op check with the op booth, who then encouraged them to give it another shove. On some occasions, they got a thumbs up, and on other occasions, they've had to unlock the harness and exit the guest. (I do love that each seat can be unlocked separately - it makes it so much easier and quicker). Superman has a line stitched into the seatbelt. the line must be fully clear of the buckle to be able to ride.

• Like 2

Thanks so much guys for the info! 

Im going next weekend for fright nights and general frivolities during the weekend.

Like I said I'm going to try no matter what, I don't really care if I'm embarrassed in front of people I don't know if there's a chance I get to go on an awesome ride! 

Fingers crossed! 

I'll post back here with the result for any other plus sized, nervous ride lovers! 

As many here know I put on a fair bit of weight after surgery a few years back...  Prior to that I was able to go on every ride at MW...

I have been progressively losing weight again and I constantly check back with the rides to see if I can ride them again...

From most forgiving to least...

Justice League 3D

Arkham Asylum

Green Lantern

Wild West Falls

Scooby Doo

Batwing Spaceshot

DC Rivals Hypercoaster

Superman Escape

Doomsday Destroyer

At this point in time it is only Superman Escape and Doomsday Destroyer I have yet to get on...  If I put on a bit more weight I would not be on DC Rivals...

(For info I am 178cm tall, weigh 130kg, waist 140cm, chest 130cm, shoulder width 50cm)...

Hope that helps :) 

Edited by MaxxTheMonster
  • Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, MickeyD said:

If anything, you might find DD more restrictive.

I'm not exactly fit but I'm not obese either and I struggled to get the restraints to be in the correct position on DD. The attendants both had to push to get it down far enough. When I got off they both commented that the restraints are very restrictive on DD especially when they saw that I wasn't massively overweight.

With Rivals there's plenty of give in the lap bar I found. I watched a mate ride who is quite large and he used a great technique of pushing down on the lap bar with the top section of his arms and curling over as you push the lap bar down. He had no issues.

On 17/10/2017 at 8:24 AM, AlexB said:

Whilst scooby is tight, the harness can be shoved into lock position. With Rivals, even if the seatbelt clicks in, that doesn't mean it's at lock. I've seen larger guys get the seatbelt in, and have an op check with the op booth, who then encouraged them to give it another shove. On some occasions, they got a thumbs up, and on other occasions, they've had to unlock the harness and exit the guest. (I do love that each seat can be unlocked separately - it makes it so much easier and quicker). Superman has a line stitched into the seatbelt. the line must be fully clear of the buckle to be able to ride.

Sooooo if I can't ride Superman, does that mean no Rivals for me?

• 2 weeks later...

The difference with the test seat to the actual seat is that you can shove it down and it will hold in position - might be a little tight, but you'll get your green light (if it was reasonably close anyway). Check how far down it needs to be for green, then get in, and get it down - if its close, get your ride buddy to wait until you're in your seat and give it a shove. (And don't forget the operators will try to do that as well).

Sorry to hear that @Laridae. If Rivals had opened a year ago I probably would have had trouble getting on myself.

Visiting the Parks regularly alone since has proven a great little exercise program for me. It's something I find enjoyable and motivating.

When DD opened I struggled to squeeze in. Still rode but found it quite uncomfortable. A few weeks later I went on the Claw and felt rather embarrassed that I couldn't get the seatbelt to attach. The Attendant again squeezed me in and the ride experience was just awful on my shoulders. With a fake smile painted on my face and trying to hold back the tears, I couldn't wait to get off.

Today I am about 15kgs lighter and can ride (and enjoy) them all, Claw included!!

Of course everybody is different but I do hope that if you have the opportunity to one day experience Rivals for yourself. It would be a fantastic reward for you and I know there are plenty of people here that would love to hear from you when you do😃

• Like 5

It’s all good. We visited every park on the GC this week and the only coasters I couldn’t go on (that were open) were rivals, Scooby and escape from Madagascar so I definitely got a few thrill rides in. At Dreamworld the claw and giant drop I didn’t fit and doomsday and batwing at movie world. Everything else was fine!

will probably go back again in a few years, maybe next time!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

YE

6 hours ago, razza1987 said:

One thing that I loved about WDW is that I literally fit on every single ride I tried. Nothing was even close to me not getting on. I wish it was like that in Australia 

Yes, when I went to Disneyland - never gave "size" an a thought - came back to Oz - how "tight" is all this stuff, and I'd be far from the biggest they'd see....seriously, who decides all of Oz is obviously a peg thin "kid"  :P

Most Australian rides come from Europe and carry with them that sizing. 

The US has largely expanded the sizes of many of its rides to accommodating their increasingly overweight population. 

Thats why you will see lager sized seats etc at Disney parks as they are designed by them. Relatively standard off the shelf European coasters in the US are more like the same sizes you'd see here in oz. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...