White Christmas 2017

pushbutton

18 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

Last year I went to White Christmas for the first time. Firstly it was amazing but really annoying because most if the rides were either not operating or under maintenance. And I also did not realise all the fake snow everywhere (is that new).

I've been to White Christmas for the last 2 years. It's really not about the rides at all. It's about the Christmas dinner, the snow, the Christmas parade, and the overall atmosphere.

If you get to go on a ride or 2 that's just a minor bonus, but certainly not an essential part of it.

The snow certainly isn't new. I assume you're referring to the snow that falls during the White Christmas event in Main Street. It's been a big part of it the last 2 years.

Edited by pushbutton

I see rides as an added bonus on night events, if you have time, then great, if not, all good. Make sure you experience everything the special night has to offer that you can’t do on a regular trading day. 

Obviously DCR is one to tick off in the dark if you didn’t get a chance at Fright Nights, otherwise you’ll be waiting until next October for another chance 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2017 at 10:17 PM, pushbutton said:

Make sure you book the Christmas buffet to enjoy while you're there. Full Christmas dinner and adds loads to the overall experience!

Thanks for the tip @pushbutton!

We ended up getting the North Pole Passes with the buffet included. 

Looking forward to this even more so now as I’m working Christmas Day :mellow:

Few more decorations have appeared throughout Main Street and Santas Grotto is nearly complete.

IMG_0334.thumb.JPG.36def5fb35336db78b29a34fdc587f03.JPG

IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.925f36433fa8c2b727386ff2bd9dfb9e.JPG

IMG_0336.thumb.JPG.8cc3d48e6dc26ab59c752ff17d9b93a4.JPG

The ring that hung over Main Street has gone

IMG_0338.thumb.JPG.b2e43bcd031ccebdd817e7ce49eefd1a.JPG

And the decoration at the beginning of Main Street still isnt complete yet

IMG_0332.thumb.JPG.e2b24ca210760f98949e3e3e42530559.JPG

And the snow that was on top of the newspaper stand which was damaged and been fixed.

• Like 1

^You seem to have upped your game on critiquing certain park elements lately. I wonder why... ;)

I'll answer it though - yes, i think that they need to start looking at improving it. At present its a static display, and whilst 'wow' to first timers, it gets old quickly.

Ideally i'd see it upgraded to intelligent RGB pixel lighting, and have it sequenced programmed - particular sequencing for parade songs, and at other times, general mood lighting that alters and changes.

I saw a company the other day post about their christmas tree in Melbourne. it was a knockout. Imagine what MW could do with that sort of technology...