Fright Nights 2018

alldinoman17

For the maze it says it’s an extended floor plan to lengthen the guest experience. 

And it’s not just because of that, but I’m really look forward to this maze. It’s been a few years now since the park came up with their own concept for a maze, so I can’t wait to see what they’ve done 

Edit: 2014 was the last time the park did a non IP maze 

Edited by themagician

32 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Yeah that err 'forced perspective" Alley way beside the Roxy? 

It's about time this lame lane area be opened up and connected with the Ricks Courtyard space not far on the other side of it. 

I actually meant the backdrop behind the chair is from the 2011 fright nights map

10 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Yeah that err 'forced perspective" Alley way beside the Roxy? 

It's about time this lame lane area be opened up and connected with the Ricks Courtyard space not far on the other side of it. 

Wouldn't you then be cutting off back of house access to the coffee shop, photo shop, Rick's courtyard bar and others?

image.thumb.png.9ecd35682f70b8ccf628d271a372fd20.png

I'm thinking in the better interest of crowd flow - something that has always been an issue at MW.

The entry to the Ricks Courtyard is a Staff door and not suitable for deliveries etc. Having larger gate access further north east of the lane way would certainly be more beneficial for Park deliveries outside hours and day access for Batmobiles etc.

Obviously this ain't gunna happen anytime soon but maybe if oneday after the kid's area gets a facelift.. Same goes obviously for the Alley space through to Arkham. Gotham city was on an Island for years and it wasn't a problem for deliveries etc.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2018 at 10:13 AM, MickeyD said:

I'm thinking in the better interest of crowd flow - something that has always been an issue at MW.

The entry to the Ricks Courtyard is a Staff door and not suitable for deliveries etc. Having larger gate access further north east of the lane way would certainly be more beneficial for Park deliveries outside hours and day access for Batmobiles etc.

Obviously this ain't gunna happen anytime soon but maybe if oneday after the kid's area gets a facelift.. Same goes obviously for the Alley space through to Arkham. Gotham city was on an Island for years and it wasn't a problem for deliveries etc.

By diverting foot traffic through openings only wide enough for one person at a time? 

Back of house issues aside, there is literally nothing in the ricks courtyard that would draw people to it in large enough amounts to need more access. 

Deliveries for ricks would be delivered to ricks, you know, the back where the staff actually are? So why do you need wide access? You could probably walk through legends dining room right from the back too. 

Theres a giant pair of gates right near the kids wb arch way that park vehicles like the batmobile and scooby van often enter or exit from, so im not really seeing how anything else improves access?

Leather face is similar to Halloween, in terms of the styles of the maze. They are both based off singular serial killers with a mask. Parts of the maze in a house and parts in an outdoor setting. The only difference tends to be the weapon of choice. 

So to me, the mazes are the same just with a different protagonist. When you have done one, you can pretty much say you have done the other.

House of Kane on the other hand was a completely new and different experience. It was more about being strange/weird to the point of making you say "WTF was that' as you are leaving compared to actually trying to scare you. They had a hell of a lot more freedom with what they could do with it and i think it's great.

I personally would love to see more original mazes than ones based on IP. With IP you know what to expect if you have seen the movie that is based off. But with something like HOK it is all brand new. You don't know what's around the next corner and its all new characters you have never seen before. You never know what to expect.

• Like 3

On 29/09/2018 at 7:47 PM, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

What

Sorry, I have no idea why my post repeated itself.

i believe Leatherface was extremely well done. Great detail. True to the franchise. 

As for house of kain, they really went all out in this maze. And that’s what this maze is : really out there. 

Jigsaw and Halloween were just as awesome as last year.

This basically sums up House of Kain:

C90B2507-AE54-4B86-B907-0B25F21F1A64.jpeg

Edited by FoolishMortal999
  • Like 1