Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast November Update

themagician

I hadn't been to WnW since April and thought it was time to head into the park and see if anything major had changed. And in summary, no. But here is a quick update of some things I noticed around the park.

IMG_0065.thumb.jpg.cb503c5d4059c12fb91dc2dd6b435cbe.jpg

Surferrider has finally reopened after being closed for the majority of the year

IMG_0064.thumb.jpg.ad92e1da544ea9d2f6bef2399d6b9e72.jpg

The bar that what next to the wave pool has been removed

IMG_0072.thumb.jpg.1587260d5f4127eddbd8814194b781b2.jpg

The spas are closed for maintenance. I personally think this is a wasted area for the park, where a good slide, or something a bit more exciting could go

IMG_0061.thumb.jpg.1ced943f9823883e30df30a8f176afe3.jpg

Apparently the Kamikaze is still new.

IMG_0067.thumb.jpg.ed16ead5323a583446195864e4686abd.jpg

Despite never operating, the ZipLine is still in place and used as a shelter for the staff working in the food carts

IMG_0071.thumb.jpg.55986c4bd09d608372631b8e4e2ee07e.jpg

The bridge/waterfall in Calypso Beach has been completely removed, with only the framework remaining.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update @themagician. I didn't mind the Wirlpool when it was kind of a ride in the warmer months. Every Winter they would reconfigure it into those stupid spas and eventually the Wirlpool ride never came back. Probably costly repairs, I'm not 100% sure.

If Surfrider is to stay next door another flat ride would fit the area and keep diversifying the brand.. Something that goes round n round and could be described as  Wet and/or Wild shouldn't be too difficult to source surely?