Ideas for Luna Park Sydney

GoGoBoy

The direction of Luna Park  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What form should future improvements take?

• Continued focus on flat rides, with better/more elaborate flat rides being installed.
    • More substantial attractions, for example tracked rides such as roller coasters, flumes and dark rides.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay then, this will be a good help. Fellow members of Parkz Forums, I'm not good at determining space and dimensions, so I would like you guys to help me find out the dimensions of the following rides: - Huss Rainbow - KMG Claw (Move It 24) - Chance Chaos - Chance Zipper - Maurer Sohne XC2000 rollercoaster Good luck in your research.

I'm not good at determining space and dimensions
Google too hard? :P Anyway, the move it 24 has dimensions of 15.3 x 13.4 http://www.kmg.nl/kmg/factory/moveit24_en.html
Maurer Sohne XC2000 rollercoaster
Ummm, didn't you read my last post?
-Use the grid as a guide to how much space it would take up, for example if you wanted to put in that Maurer Sohne XC2000 Spinning Coaster, you would know it would be about 4 squares wide, and a tad under 9 squares long. (Or simply 20.5mm by 43.3 mm)
The other 3 rides are discontinued models though, as they aren't listed on the manufacturer websites, so the dimensions will have to be found some other way. Edited by Gazza

Okay, cool. Thanks for finding that out. I've forgotten that you've posted the Maurer Sohne coaster's dimensions. Now if only someone knows the dimensions of the other 3 rides. I don't care if their manufacturers stopped making them, I just want to know what their dimensions are.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright! I've checked out Rides Database, and managed to yield some fruit (dimensions of the rides I would like to see as permanent in LPS). Chance Chaos = 15.04 x 18.29m Chance Zipper = 17.1 x 16.2m Unfortunately, they don't have any info on the dimensions of a Huss Rainbow or KMG Inversion. I've searched all around the Internet, but still no luck. Hope someone could shed some info. We already know the dimensions of the Maurer Sohne XC2000 rollercoaster and KMG Move It 24, so I didn't need to put in that info when it's there already.

And we have a KMG Inversion in the country on the show circuit called XXXL. Im pretty sure that would fit in maloneys corner.
Oh yeah, I have heard of that new attraction. It's in the Royal Adelaide Show at the moment. Would be cool if LPS could have it for this Spring holidays, or maybe the Summer holidays. If they don't, I hope it would be someday in the future. Right now, I'm super-psyched to ride it in 2010's Sydney Royal Easter Show. BTW, I've found its dimensions: 14.4 x 11m. It could fit in Maloney's Corner like you said. Only problem is that it is owned by Goldenway Amusements. If LPS wants its very own KMG Inversion, it would be better for them to contact the company. What rides would fit in that space between Wild Mouse and the Crystal Palace? We saw Shockwave before, and Rockin' Tug gets placed in that spot sometimes. That's the spot where I originally thought a KMG Inversion could be placed. Edited by T-Rex

Hold on, I just had a thought. Would the LPS kiddy rides fit in that spot between the Wild Mouse and Crystal Palace? I just had the feeling that a KMG Inversion would still be too big for that space. Now that I think about it, because the Tango Train has been under maintenance for a very long time (even longer than Flying Saucer), it will probably be a matter of time before it becomes fully defunct. Maybe they should scrap it and relocate one of their current rides or put a newer ride there.

Edited by T-Rex

I know that. I'm just giving some ideas on how LPS could be improved. I just suppose that if Tango Train would be scrapped, then another ride could replace it: either one of LPS's permanent rides, or a potential future ride. ;) Anyway, I was also thinking of another good place for the kiddy rides to be relocated.

• 1 month later...

LPS has to scrap the Tumble Bug, and consider putting in a Spaceshot of some sort. Or possibily a "Rainbow" even. The lack of room is the problem, but they did manage to bring in a 2 level flume called the "Big Splash" a few holiday's ago. and was very popular. It was put out the back next to the ranger. I think they should consider one of those possibly.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think the Tumble Bug should no longer be in LPS? I've heard it's been hired elsewhere recently. I agree with adding a Rainbow to the choice rides. Perhaps moving some of the Kiddie rides to another would be a good idea to make room for future big rides. (*cough* Chaos, *cough*, Zipper, *cough*, Maurer Sohne coaster *cough*) BTW, Tango Train's finally back, eh? I thought they would never finish repairing it. That's good news, I guess.

Realistically, do the operators of LPS even give a hoot about the ride line up? I agree a rainbow, or falling star as they are othrwise known would be a good addition. An indoor coaster would be a good way to get around the noise problems, something compact like a Eurofighter, but I think resdients weren't so much worried about the noise as having their view blocked, prehaps something as high as the cliff line. The Indiana Beach one Steel Hawg would be a nice fit and a half pipe would be another realstic addition. Sadly, I see no will for investment in more permanent rides in the park, I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong.

Hey downunder You must be keen to POV the wild mouse. I think the problem with Luna Park is the operators and i know the trust are very happy with what they are doing. Their more interest in hosting functions than looking for new attractions.
That's what I thought, that they would view functions as more viable. I mainly took POVs because my group was interested, and for TPR.

• 3 weeks later...

That's just sad. With that attitude, they will never compete with the bigger and more popular parks like Dreamworld. That could endanger Sydney's popularity, let alone NSW's popularity. There seems to be more people going to Queensland's Gold Coast nowadays.

Edited by T-Rex

• 2 weeks later...