what new ride at movie world will we get next year?

alldinoman17

well Dc rivals was a success and movie world are pushing the boundries on this year but what will be in store next year?

a flat ride.  or  thrill ride

a new are/expansion

a family coaster.

it would be awesome if movie world could get an expansion but if thay did that please do a movie studio themed ride not Dc. wheres all the movie magic? lets hope that can happen again. I love Dc but its just taking over movie world.

Don't there will be any new rides next year after such a big investment. Maybe some general park improvements, but I really can't see a new ride coming. I think it's best for them for focus on Sea World and Wet 'N' Wild in the next couple of years, which we can see their already doing with the attraction replacing the Flume at Sea World.

MW won't be getting a new ride next year. They just built a massive Hypercoaster and need to see a return on investment before building another attraction. Plus Sea World needs more attractions. Both Sea World and WNW need some love before MW gets its next big thing. Remember MW got 2 new rides in 2 years. That's some major capital there.

I don’t expect any large expenditure from MW for at least 3 years. 

We know we are getting a major attraction at SW in 2019, so I imagine 2018 will see only minor works across all parks...

MW - would be nice to see HWSD finally run its last race and be replaced with a new experience. A new kids flat for WB Kids would be a nicer top off but not expected 

SW - improved food offerings would be nice. I think their options are poor, but that’s just me. 

WnW is Due, something, anything. 

• Like 1

This is a disgusting thing to even think about,  but the toilets at Wet & Wild all stink (obviously I'm referring to the mens ones).

Also the main changing room almost always has a wet floor, making it quite hard to get changed whilst keeping your feet dry!

Both these issues are related to some sort of problems with the plumbing, and also all the facilities could at least do with a general refurbishment. In the case of the changing room I'd ideally like them to extend it at the same time to just provide more space.

These are just "housekeeping" issues perhaps, but as it's the first and last thing most guests see, I think it plays an important part in shaping peoples opinion of the park.

I don’t think you’ll ever solve the problem of a wet floor in the change rooms of a water park... so you have to be dry before you get changed? In which case, why get changed? Why not change, then go sit down and dry your feet before you put shoes on? It’s a little like going to the beach and complaining you don’t like having sand on your feet

The stunt show definitely needs a revamp. A couple of years ago it was much better, and actually featured some stunts!

I would have to assume the current show came about because the skilled stunt drivers left and Village couldn't find the funds to attract new ones.

It's pretty embarrassing to be honest, especially as the show is called "Hollywood Stunt Driver 2".

The recent magical show they've had as part of Fright Nights demonstrates that the arena can lend itself well to other types of shows. It doesn't have to involve stunt cars.

Maybe a completely new type of show for next year.

One idea that occurs to me would be a show which demonstrates how some of the special effects in movies are made.

Oh Hi! Looks like you haven't met @pushbutton. His idea is usually for us to go back to how things were 20 or 30 years ago.

It's like that first level of Rollercoaster Tycoon, before you could afford coasters and you had to build bouncy castles that constantly broke down, walkthrough attractions like hedge mazes etc. etc.

Sure - MW needs a 'special effects' show. They've got a show stage sitting virtually unused. Its a pity their DC license is for comics and not the current films, as it would be an awesome tie-in to use the current round of justice league film scenes to replicate the technologies used for each on the show stage, ala USH.

It's kinda hard to demonstrate most modern movie special effects out in the open, and enclosing HWSD's arena is probably a bad idea.

29 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Was that not just the Gremlins thing from years ago?

Gremlins was a dark ride in the current SDSC building. 

I think you are referring to the old studio tour 

Just now, pin142 said:

Gremlins was a dark ride and not a show though. Think you're think of the Studio Tour where you went to different sound stages and shown how things are done.

*jinx*

• Like 1

I do like the idea of a special effects "show" like the ones i saw recently at USS and USJ, particularly USJ, because fire and explosions.

My biggest issue is they were tied to movies and that could become dated really quickly, as would just effects in general, unless they are updated even with minor adjustments every year or 2. But we have seen how well MW looks after effects on other rides right... 

I don’t think we will see another major ride added at MW until at least 2020 now. I hope next year they change the Hollywood Stunt Driver Show. But otherwise, I’m happy with how the park is. Just keep maintaining and making small improvements. The last few years, so much has been invested, building up to the point of the opening of the world class ride. 

Now the attention will/has move/d to SW, which should bring life back to the park throughout.