Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi

pushbutton

4 hours ago, jjuttp said:

That's why i'm somewhat surprised they can get away with the likes of Wonder Woman. Although i also think with Dubai being the tourist hotspot it is, they're a little more relaxed.

It's not in the city of Dubai it is in the city of Abu Dhabi also known as the United Arab Emirates capital city (just a bit of a geography rant)

Edited by Theme Park

If the project comes true, I'm curious how successful the park would be. Ferrari World is the only noteworthy competition in Abu Dhabi, and reports I read say it's generally empty - with only Formula Rossa drawing long lines, even with the opening of Flying Aces.

Looking at the RCDB page, I found that one 'Inverted' coaster is listed in the coasters under construction. I wonder if that's one of the Intamin Inverted coasters that have been rumored recently.

https://rcdb.com/13899.htm

Ferrari World is less than an hour by road from Dubai Parks & Resorts, home to Motiongate/Bollywood/Legoland and from 2019, Six Flags. Thirty minutes more takes you to IMG Worlds of Adventure and (in theory) IMG Worlds of Legends, if that gets built.

I'd argue that all are in the same basic catchment area as they're linked by a very good road.

On 16/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, AlexB said:

There are many reasons to relocate to Abu Dhabi - most of them begin with a dollar sign.

But there are also many downsides to it, and a high risk of getting into trouble over there with their strict laws.

One would need to tread extremely carefully.

I've worked there and would not recommend going. It's fine if nothing goes wrong because on the surface it looks like a developed country with its infrastructure, but it's just a facade, behind that it's legal system and other governmental institutions have a long way to go and when things go wrong there you can really end up up sh1t creek without a paddle. So yeah, it's fine if you (1) stay out of trouble and (2) don't have any accidents, the first you can control, the second is a game of chance so depends if you want to roll the dice.

Edited by Locke

On 16/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, AlexB said:

There are many reasons to relocate to Abu Dhabi - most of them begin with a dollar sign.

But there are also many downsides to it, and a high risk of getting into trouble over there with their strict laws.

One would need to tread extremely carefully.

I think many people here would be surprised to learn just how many people in management at Yas Parks are actually aussie (and in fact VRTP) ex pats.

There seems to be quite a good culture for ex pats over there and everyone I know is saying only good things about the place.

Yeah, I was very happy and excited to have one of my supervisors when I was working there telling me that he was going to Dubai to work at Waterworld with his wife. Have recently been in contact again and just keep hearing great things about the place. It did surprise me how many VRTP people over the years have gone over there haha.

• 3 months later...

So the website's been updated recently with all the rides in 3 sections and the dining/shopping options in 4.  https://www.wbworldabudhabi.com/en

Cartoon Junction's headliner appears to be "Tom and Jerry's Swiss Cheese Spin" which sounds like it'll be a teacup ride. Other rides are: Daffy Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick (drop tower),Tweety Wild Wockets, Ricochet Racin’ with Taz (sounds like a Demolition Derby), Scooby Doo: The Museum of Mysteries (appears to be a Scooby overlay on the FNAF concept from IAAPA), Cartoon Junction Carousel, Ani-Mayhem, ACME Factory (foam play area).

Gotham City:Headliner appears to be "Batman: Knight Flight" which looks like a flying theatre. Other rides are: Scarecrow Scare Raid, The Riddler Revolution (coaster), Jokers Funhouse (walkthrough), and Rouges Gallery Games.

Metropolis: Justice League: Warworld Attacks (5D ride Ft. Brainiac) is the headliner, Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey (4D flying theatre), Superman 360: Battle for Metropolis, and Teen Titans Training Academy (another play area) are all supporting.

Bedrock and Dynamite Gulch havn't been announced yet but will be in coming weeks, but Bedrock appears to have 1 ride that looks like a raft ride from the blurred out logo, 2 restaurants and a shop. While DG has 3 rides, a Roadrunner and Wile .E. Coyote suspended coaster, a Jetsons flying saucer ride and something Marvin the Martian related with 1 shop based around Yosemite Sam.

The Plaza seems to just have generic names for the eateries (and shops), so no milking classics for this park. Although i would have liked to have seen another version of Ricks, but closer to the style and layout of the movie, complete with piano. Use it as an excuse to milk the brand a bit more and make it a bit more known, and even have someone play "As time goes by" (it's also the Warner Bros theme song for those playing at home) periodically.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The park will officially open July 25.

There are 29 rides and attractions, and all are now listed on the parks website. And the entire list of characters roaming around the parks areas is available, and there is certainly a lot of them.

https://www.wbworldabudhabi.com/en

General Admission is 230AED, about $80

Annual Pass is 695AED, about $240

Edited by themagician
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...