Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi

pushbutton

19 minutes ago, omega237 said:

Yep they should add a second Scooby Doo the Museum of Mysteries to WBMWGC as there first trackless dark ride. Maybe they could close the spooky coaster, and put in Scooby Doo The Museum Of Mysteries as a replacement unless there's a location they could put it in.

If you take a very quick glance at this forum you'll see that they're in the process of upgrading the Spooky coaster right now, after waiting a year or two for permission from Warner Bros. to do so.

I can pretty much guarantee it won't be closed for at least a decade. Probably more like 2 decades or more.

However I think it might be possible to close the half of the queue room that's rarely used (if there's extended queues during busy periods they can potentially queue outside) and perhaps that space could become a trackless ride?

54 minutes ago, omega237 said:

True plus the WBMWGC could add in Scooby-Doo The Museum of Mysteries exclusive classic villains along with the ones in WBWAD.

There's almost no chance that's going to happen. The ride is themed to the live movie, released in 2002, so having incredibly old Scooby villains in a ride like this, would just make no sense.

1 minute ago, Flynn_Smith said:

There's almost no chance that's going to happen. The ride is themed to the live movie, released in 2002, so having incredibly old Scooby villains in a ride like this, would just make no sense.

Were talking about the ride Scooby Doo The Museum of Mysteries being brought to WBMWGC as the second Scooby Doo ride, but also the first trackless dark ride in WBMWGC.

1 minute ago, omega237 said:

Were talking about the ride Scooby Doo The Museum of Mysteries being brought to WBMWGC as the second Scooby Doo ride, but also the first trackless dark ride in WBMWGC.

But your talking about it being inside the spooky castle... which is themed to the 2002 movie. It just wouldn't work. 

33 minutes ago, omega237 said:

Then where in WBMWGC would you put Scooby-Doo The Museum of Mysteries? Plus I said replace Spooky Coaster.

You wouldn't.

The spooky coaster, in my eyes, will not be replaced for a long time. Especially now that they are doing a massive revamp.

1 hour ago, omega237 said:

Maybe they could close the spooky coaster, and put in Scooby Doo The Museum Of Mysteries as a replacement unless there's a location they could put it in.

25 minutes ago, omega237 said:

Plus I said replace Spooky Coaster.

So you agree that it would replace the existing spooky coaster?

Yep they should add a second Scooby Doo the Museum of Mysteries to WBMWGC

True plus the WBMWGC could add in Scooby-Doo The Museum of Mysteries

30 minutes ago, omega237 said:

Were talking about the ride Scooby Doo The Museum of Mysteries being brought to WBMWGC as the second Scooby Doo ride

Wait - now you're saying a second ride?

#Confused

So if i'm to make sense of what you're saying, they need to bring the scooby MoM ride to MWGC, and you've suggested it should replace a coaster that is currently having massive works undertaken for a 'thematic enhancement' that they'd surely want a return on investment on, but you're ok with it being within the queue house, even though the themes \ universes clash, unless someone can come up with another place to put it - like in Wild West or WB Kids, or the Justice League superhero area perhaps?

Seriously - people have really tried to be nice here, but at this point I think we're beyond that and i'm just going to say it...

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MARBLES?

Ok. Now that we have that out of the way, let's take stock of a few things...

• You think the ride system is good
  • you think Movie World should get that ride system
  • you think the theme is good
  • you think movie world should essentially copy the theme and story from the existing MoM attraction.

In rebuttal - let me offer a few counterpoints

• The ride system is apparently very good, however - when you look at what other attractions MWGC has, you'll note the Sally Corp dark ride next to Batwing - Justice League - which is a tracked dark ride. Note also that very soon after this was built, an overseas park built a bigger and better one, with better technology.
  • Although good, having another dark ride similar to justice league would probably result in one of them being regarded as the poorer cousin, diluting your audience appeal and possibly resulting in a much lower ridership on one or the other - negating one of their investments (note - this rule doesn't generally apply the same way on rollercoasters, as the ride system is typically different enough to continue to hold interest and relevance - although older coasters do tend to suffer attendance when newer coasters are installed too)
    • Conclusion - The park probably worked on a lower budget, probably because they couldn't afford to have the budget of an overseas park with much bigger cash reserves - this is also easily translated across to Abu-Dhabi, which also have much bigger budgets and much bigger (oil) reserves.
  • The Scooby theme is relatively timeless. The canon is huge, with movies both animated and live action, cartoon series, comics, video games, books and many more. Of course the theme is good.
  • The issue you run into is what licence the park has to operate it. Quite likely the park has licensed only the live action film, as all aspects of Scooby within the park fit within the live action film canon. To expand into the classic villains or other parts of the Scooby universe, you would likely need to obtain an additional license, or an expansion to the existing one, all of which costs money.
    • Conclusion: Paying more money to essentially have two (or a single, different) attractions with the same theme as you already have is pretty stupid - when the average punter isn't worried about which season a particular animatronic comes from. Does it have scooby doo? Check! Case closed.

At the end of the day, and has been pointed out, you aren't likely to get THIS ride brought to the GC anytime soon, given the current investment in the existing ride, and the ridiculous nature of having TWO rides themed to the same thing.

You might have an argument to bring in the same ride SYSTEM with a different theme, except as pointed out - similarities would be drawn to Justice League that would see one or the other suffer (Fanboys take note - i'm aware of the existence of trackless dark rides, and tracked shooters in parks like Disney - See Hong Kong's Mystic Manor and Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters) however the execution level of a park such as MWGC would mean comparisons would be inevitable (whereas MM and BLAB would be unlikely to be compared).

So the final option you have is to wait until SDSC has reached 'end of life'. Given the current re-theme, and the completely indoor and sheltered nature of the track and ride system, the ride arguably has at least another decade left in it. Do you really want to advocate installing an attraction at that point, when it is already a decade old elsewhere? Surely there'd be more modern ride systems by then? Maybe we'll have floorless flying darkrides in the future working on magnetic levitation?

• 7 months later...

Over the Summer I got to visit Abu Dhabi, and while unfortunately I didn't have enough time to enter the parks, I did make the stop to check out the entrance and foyer area for the park. The entrance I thought had a very good design and style to it, and I will definitely visit the park properly next trip over there. But for now, here are some photos:

IMG_0931.thumb.jpeg.ee61432e6caf35cf1f855dc6ce9a01d9.jpeg

IMG_0932.thumb.jpeg.24f9e1339aac6261598416fbf02c9150.jpeg

IMG_0933.thumb.jpeg.bb0c351971416659035227b1e1b41f9f.jpeg

IMG_0934.thumb.jpeg.d0788b39a40e5c5f0c741828cfbc6134.jpeg

IMG_0935.thumb.jpeg.035410df10004c73f43aaea3000fc0d1.jpeg

IMG_0939.thumb.jpeg.5a2df52d7600fc736ea329052bbdb209.jpeg

IMG_0940.thumb.jpeg.24a4bb18ffa6c03d39057bcaea834a5b.jpeg

• Like 3