Chernobyl

Slick

Well if you check out http://www.google.com.au/search?q=richard+...le+Search&meta= then you will find plenty of Richard Wilsons, It would be a pretty common name wouldnt it? I remember searching for my name on Google and the first result was my name on the about page of this site. BTW, I think this goes in the Chit chat thread, it has no relevance to theme parks or coasters.

I'm flattered that you're all doing Google searches for me. That Chernobyl site is pretty cool. It's all so creepy. Reminds me of a film I saw a few weeks back, K19: The Widowmaker, about the first Russian Nuclear sub and its problems that lead to some pretty nasty radiation poisoning. Films don't get to me too often like that, but this one got me feeling a bit queasy by the end. :) I'll move this over to Chit Chat.

That Chernobyl thing is really interesting. Creepy doesn't even go close to describing that stuff. I think I'd go mad in a silent town like that after 15mins too. It seems like the scene for a movie. Some of you may also enjoy (if that's the right word. Transfixed describes it better for me) this site about the Centralia coal fires, which have been burning out of control since 1961. I'll give you one snippet of information from the page: On Febuary 14, 1981, the ground collapsed under Todd Domboski. A hole about 4 feet in diameter and roughly 150 feet deep had opened under him. He clung to exposed tree roots and was pulled to safety by his cousin. The heat or the carbon monoxide in the breach would have been sufficient to kill him instantly if he had gone just a little deeper. This incident provoked the first national media attention.