VTP Annual Pass Changes

Brad2912

New passes have launched from this morning.

$199 standard

$139 locals 

This is now the only annual option (no longer any vip/magic etc available) 

No cheap option without night events 

Fright Nights not included

Village Roadshow One Pass

Experience all new feels and the southern hemisphere's biggest collection of over 95 thrill rides, slides, shows and animal experiences with an all new pass, the Village Roadshow One Pass. 

As a local you’re entitled to an exclusive local only price of $139!

12 months unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country

One free entry to White Christmas at Movie World

One free entry to Carnivale at Sea World

Unlimited soft drink refills for only $7.99 per visit (save $6)

Unlimited digital ride photos for only $10 per visit (save $39)

Get your year of priceless memories and adventures now!

• Like 2

About time. Good to see they've upped the price and removed all other forms of pass. I think this is still a good price (But happy to see locals get a discounted price). Im sure there will be complaints about the price increase, but it really still isnt expensive. Especially when it includes WC and Carnivale.

• Like 2

I can honestly see this being done as a move to try and push Dreamworld out of the picture. I've often bought a ticket to Dreamworld whilst I've had trips up to the Goldcoast because I'm like "Four Parks for $150!? Hells yeah!" But now with that going up to $270~ for both groups I can't really see it being as worth it to drop by Dreamworld for a day or two. 

VRTP know they've got the better deal with three parks in one so I doubt this increase will cause any uproar.

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Does anyone know if you get a plastic card like for membership, or is it still those flimsy paper ones.

My VIP is a plastic one.

The new system seems to be a bit of a cop out not having FN or WNWS. They also hid all the other tickets behind a click to see more button (also from a web design viewpoint its a downgrade).In most cases (possibly all) you're already paying like minimum $20 extra but for less benefits. 

They're still promoting the Magic pass though.

4 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

I hope they bring back a pay per month on a 12 month contract pass for locals as $12 a month is more appealing to the general public from a marketing standpoint than $140 paid all at once ($560 for a family of 4) and they still at at the end of the year get $144.

It’s pretty apparent that no, that isn’t part of their pricing strategy going forward anymore. 

2 minutes ago, aaronm said:

Remind me why locals get a discount? Surely they're likely to visit more often and get additional value out of the pass... if anything it should cost more! ;)

And because of the increased visitation from locals - you have more opportunity to WOW them, get more social media check ins/photos (ie Free publicity!) and then better referral business when friends & family visit the coast! 

Locals are your bread & butter - tourists are you extras on top 

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

And because of the increased visitation from locals - you have more opportunity to WOW them, get more social media check ins/photos (ie Free publicity!) and then better referral business when friends & family visit the coast! 

Locals are your bread & butter - tourists are you extras on top 

Oh I get why they do it, but I think Village have missed an opportunity here to have a cheaper pass with blackout dates around school/public holidays. They could have kept the $99 price point and wouldn't even need to restrict it to just locals either.

With you on that one @Skeeta

we battled the schoolies and private school crowds (already finished school for the year) for visits this week knowing outside of a visit for White Christmas we probably won’t hit the VTP parks again until mid-late January. DW will depend on how busy it actually gets, last holidays it was still quiet 

1 hour ago, jjuttp said:

The new system seems to be a bit of a cop out not having FN or WNWS. They also hid all the other tickets behind a click to see more button (also from a web design viewpoint its a downgrade).In most cases (possibly all) you're already paying like minimum $20 extra but for less benefits.

That's the whole point though, isn't it? We've screamed for years (pretty much since the year after the 2008 Q150 Pass) that the passes were too cheap. We've also bitched about superman locker prices, and that Rivals wasn't included in the fast track. These are a whole heap of enthusiast level complaints all resolved in one fell swoop.

They shouldn't need to offer more inclusions to increase the price. The price hasn't gone up (more or less) in 10 years - since the $99 Q150 pass. It was high time they upped the pricing, without offering more - and in fact, offering less, by not including FN, but still offering freebies to the lesser-attended nights serves to keep crowds controlled on busy ones, whilst encouraging more in park spend on the quieter events.

1 hour ago, aaronm said:

Remind me why locals get a discount? Surely they're likely to visit more often and get additional value out of the pass... if anything it should cost more! ;)

Locals aren't likely to visit regularly if passes are too expensive. In your off season, a family stopping by after school for a few quick rides and a slushee is more dollars in your pocket than if you excluded them with higher pricing. No way you could enforce the 'costing more' option - you'd simply get people buying the regular priced one if that was the case - to get the discount, locals have to show proof of residence - it doesn't work the other way around.

Locals need another reason to visit often. By pricing their local level passes at a price where a few visits 'pays it off' the psychology there is that it's a free day out for the family on a regular basis - and that often leads to increased per cap spend in-park by those who psycologically feel like it's free entry.

14 minutes ago, themagician said:

Look at all the different ticketing options now available

IMG_0519.thumb.JPG.75676f58a1fc1a2bd361e8bad75e7d9f.JPG

I'm trying to, but the glare is just too much.