VTP Annual Pass Changes

Brad2912

So I think we've now established this isn't really a price increase to $200.  More like to $139 for locals and maybe $169 for visitors but that's really $149 now.

The groupon $169 deal now includes a $20 giftcard to be used in park.

Also given consultants were used, this makes it even more likely demand based pricing is in play here.

Onepass really just replaced memberships-why did they take away monthly memberships?  Probably because they weren't working, maybe too many people doing December to January for 14 months and then cancelling or too many payment issues?

22 minutes ago, RossL said:

So I think we've now established this isn't really a price increase to $200.  More like to $139 for locals and maybe $169 for visitors but that's really $149 now.

The groupon $169 deal now includes a $20 giftcard to be used in park.

Also given consultants were used, this makes it even more likely demand based pricing is in play here.

Onepass really just replaced memberships-why did they take away monthly memberships?  Probably because they weren't working, maybe too many people doing December to January for 14 months and then cancelling or too many payment issues?

From my own experience, I've had numerous (at least 7 or 8) occasions over the last year or so when I've attempted to use me membership card only to be told it has "expired". I found this very annoying, especially considering one of the main reasons I got the membership is because it never expires!

Each time, the attendant at the park entry has given me a small slip of paper with a phone number, and asked me to call the number to resolve the issue. The fact that they kept numerous copies of this handy at the entrance is evidence of how often this issue occurred.

I have done so each time, only to find out each time that there was no issue really, just incompetence on the part of the third party business being used to keep track of all the memberships. I mean they literally had NOTHING to do but maintain records of an existing system, but they still couldn't do it!

Maybe Village just had too many people complaining about this.

Edited by pushbutton

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, RossL said:

4-Park Pass is now $169 for 12 months on groupon:  https://www.groupon.com.au/deals/village-roadshow-theme-parks-21

Obviously excludes White Christmas and Carnivale entries unlike a OnePass but still, discounting is here.

the family & I are heading upto the gold coast in August this year and i came across this deal as well. I wasn't sure if it was the 'One Pass' or not as i couldn't see any 12 month pass option on themeparks website apart from that but i also assumed it was discounted and didn't include the xmas and carnivale entry but not sure about any of the other perks from the one pass if included or not?

5 hours ago, ShaneW said:

the family & I are heading upto the gold coast in August this year and i came across this deal as well. I wasn't sure if it was the 'One Pass' or not as i couldn't see any 12 month pass option on themeparks website apart from that but i also assumed it was discounted and didn't include the xmas and carnivale entry but not sure about any of the other perks from the one pass if included or not?

Not sure about other benefits, doubtful you get digital photos for $10/day.  Hack is obviously to just buy one onepass and then the rest at a cheaper price point.

If you're not planning on returning inside 12 months, a 7 day pass at $149 is probably still better value unless you want to visit Paradise Country.

has anyone actually used this new deal yet ? I checked the themeparks website and they still only have the One Pass, Mega Pass & Super Pass..... none of them seem the same as the 4 park pass for 12 months being offered.

Do groupon have special pass types available from time to time which aren't available via the official themeparks website?

One pass is the new pass isn't it?

12 months unlimited entry from first visit
Entry to 4 parks
1 entry to White Christmas at Warner Bros. Movie World - $40 value!
1 entry to Carnivale at Sea World - $40 value!
Plus more in park benefits!

Locals One Pass for $139.00.

Our promise to you,
this is the best price you will find anywhere!

https://themeparks.com.au/box-office/village-roadshow-one-pass/locals-offer

Edited by Levithian

yeh the One Pass is the new one.... when i said 'themeparks only have one pass,etc' i only meant i can't seem to find any other 'yearly' pass on there except the one pass so just wasn't sure if the deal with Groupon was for the actual One Pass or not since it says the RRP of the $169 deal is $199 - which is the price of the one pass :) 

Probably well overdue considering the park's attraction line-up is sorely lacking.

I mean - animal attractions are certainly an integral part of the park, but most people visit for rides. especially locals.

it also brings the day passes in line with the one pass too - effectively if you want to visit each of them just once, it still works out cheaper to buy the annual.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have not received an email, or seen any marketing whatsoever but supposedly the following deals are available to those with expiring VIP Magic Passes.

Village Roadshow One Pass Locals Renewal Offer

Offer only available for purchase during period 4 June 2018 to 23 July 2018 inclusive by former season pass holders of a Village Roadshow Theme Parks. Additional entitlements:

• One (1) $50 Animal Adventure voucher to be redeemed against any one (1) Animal Adventures activity. Must be used prior to 31 March 2019 (blackout periods apply 15 December 2018 -27 January 2019 inclusive). Excludes special needs programs and glass bottom boat tours. Certain criteria must be met in order to participate in each of the Animal Adventures programs to ensure the safety of guests, staff and animals. All participation is subject to final assessment by the Marine Sciences staff member at the time of attendance and all conditions and/or information are subject to change without notice - click here for all Animal Adventures terms and conditions
  • One (1) $50 Sea World Resort voucher valid for accommodation (room only). One $50 voucher per booking maximum. Book and stay before 31 March 2019. Blackout dates of 23 – 24 August 2018 and 22-23 February 2019 apply
  • One (1) $5 Topgolf Lifetime Membership (does not include Game Play). Membership must be redeemed during One Pass validity period. Present your One Pass at Topgolf Gold Coast
  • One (1) Hunger Buster Lunch Voucher valid for use at Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and includes a meal, snack, sipper and unlimited drink refill at selected outlets (see below terms and conditions for Hunger Buster passes).
  •  

Village Roadshow Super Pass Interstate Renewal Offer

Offer only available for purchase during period 4 June 2018 to 31 July 2018 inclusive by VIP Magic Pass holders who are NOT residents of Queensland or Northern NSW 2540-2592. Additional entitlements:

• One (1) $50 Animal Adventure voucher to be redeemed against any one (1) Animal Adventures activity. Must be used prior to 31 March 2019 (blackout periods apply 15 December 2018 -27 January 2019 inclusive). Excludes special needs programs and glass bottom boat tours. Certain criteria must be met in order to participate in each of the Animal Adventures programs to ensure the safety of guests, staff and animals. All participation is subject to final assessment by the Marine Sciences staff member at the time of attendance and all conditions and/or information are subject to change without notice - click here for all Animal Adventures terms and conditions
  • One (1) $50 Sea World Resort voucher valid for accommodation (room only). One $50 voucher per booking maximum. Book and stay before 31 March 2019. Blackout dates of 23 – 24 August 2018 and 22-23 February 2019 apply

No voucher is transferable for cash and unused credit is non-refundable.

Last 2 times I’ve gone in with my premium membership card I’ve been told “you need to go to the ticket booth and update your pass”. Both times it’s been packed so haven’t done it - but my feeling is they will try to force a transition from memberships to one pass. 

Both landing pages for Membership benefits have become dead links of late - so the perks have disappeared 

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Last 2 times I’ve gone in with my premium membership card I’ve been told “you need to go to the ticket booth and update your pass”. Both times it’s been packed so haven’t done it - but my feeling is they will try to force a transition from memberships to one pass. 

Both landing pages for Membership benefits have become dead links of late - so the perks have disappeared 

Memberships still stand. It's just that the old Membership cards are not compatible with their new ticketing system. If you go to a booth they give you a new card that actually works with their scanners.

It is still a Membership pass though. Mine still says Premier Membership. 

• Like 1