VTP Annual Pass Changes

Brad2912

It’s not about that though..

its about the fact that “VTP Memberships” were marketed as the premium type of annual pass. They were above the standard offering. 

Now it seems people on this premium pass option are neglected as they are basically perennial members and don’t need to be “encouraged/bribed” to renew their pass. 

All of the perks outside of park access have been removed with no reduction in price, and now people on one passes receive extra perks. 

It’s inconsistent messages which annoy people 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

TG Lifetime Membership is literally $5

That's right, which is why in the absence of the other benefits now removed, the $5 loss they take on TG membership should be a given to the membership tier just as it is the one pass.

In giving me a membership, they'd get at least an hour's bay hired, a few drinks, and probably some food. But i'd feel good, because i've got a permanent membership to the facility - which is only going to make me come back to use it more.

If I wasn't aware that one-pass holders got it free, i'd probably pay my $5 and drive away, but now i know that someone paying roughly the same as me for roughly the same pass is now getting something better than what i'm getting, and despite the 'premium' nature and the 'unlimited' wording on the pass, it seems there are far more limitations on my pass than someone else's.

that causes resentment. and people who feel resentment are more likely to avoid the facility or venue out of spite. Its a simple thing for revenue, but they probably think by not offering it on a membership they'll convince people to convert to the one pass because of all the great additional benefits.

unfortunately the pay by the month trumps most benefits offered, and therefore offers like this only increase the resentment at being treated poorly

16 hours ago, red dragin said:

It's what happens with your mobile phone plan though. You can be the dedicated customer and get the same deal, or shop around every contract and get more for less. 

Business rarely rewards dedication anymore, it's all about getting more customers. 

Except this offer is literally for a renewal of the one-pass... so it involves no shopping around - simply repurchasing what you've already got - which is exactly what memberships do every month.l

https://vr-megoldcoast.secure40.accesso.com/

So VRTP are now offering the One Pass in “4 easy payments of $34.75, saving you 30%”

Rather than doing it through a third party ala Afterpay as Dreamworld have done it is through the same ticketing system (Accesso) under the heading of Memberships and using DebitSuccess as previous memberships have done.

17 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Good but why can't theymake up their minds?

Also, I hope they have ironed out the bugs with debit success  (or debit failure as I call them), so people don't keep getting told their passes have expired! 

If it says 'Expired' then that is a park ticketing issue not a Debit Success issue as the passes never expire. It was an ongoing direct debit until you told them otherwise.

If your pass came up "Blocked' THEN it was a Debit success issue. Well, not really their issue, it was yours for not paying.

Edited by JaggedJanine

If they fail to receipt the direct debit payment promptly or properly, then the pass could switch to expired in the system. 

The system we use at work takes 4 business for the payment to clear to us. We receipt every business day. If they did it once a week, it could be as high as 12 days between being taken (say Saturday) and receipting (say if they did it every Wednesday). 

• Like 1

No, If your payment failed to be receipted your pass would come up as 'Blocked'. Trust me. I worked with the passes when they were first introduced. I know all the errors they caused.

'Blocked' means a missed or delayed payment. OR that your pass had been confiscated as someone not pictured on it was trying to use it. 

'Expired' means... well this is a ticketing error as the passes can't actually expire, so it's a system error. 

'Upgraded' means that your pass has been reissued or printed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JaggedJanine said:

If it says 'Expired' then that is a park ticketing issue not a Debit Success issue as the passes never expire. It was an ongoing direct debit until you told them otherwise.

If your pass came up "Blocked' THEN it was a Debit success issue. Well, not really their issue, it was yours for not paying.

Thank you. Having a membership myself, and having been told 7 times over the last year that it had expired, your post is very enlightening to me.

Edited by pushbutton

I will add that about 6 weeks ago, I was at Movie World and thought once again my pass had "expired", but then a staff member said I needed a new pass as the original membership passes were not compatible with the new system the parks are using. 

I was given a new pass and so far no problems! I don't know if that was the cause of the issues all along but getting the new pass appears  (at least so far) to have finally fixed it! 

29 minutes ago, Meep Meep said:

🙌 Hi.

I have the ultimate membership, with fright night. Will I be able to continue to use this feature or is pass going to ended/changed to something else.

p.s. Be kind, new.

Mine was the same. New pass just has the words "Premier Membership" printed on it, and functions exactly like the original membership pass (except hopefully never says it's 'expired' this time!)

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1