Movie World November 2017 Improvements

themagician

On 12/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, bern1992 said:

Is that the order? I’m familiar with touring plans for Disney Parks but haven’t been to the Gold Coast Parks in the summer since the 90s. 

Arkham queue was no longer than 30 minutes for most of today, DC Rivals about 15, Superman and Green Lantern were walk on most of the day as was Doomsday (which usually is though).  Scooby Doo was 15 - 20 mins.

Definitely hit Arkham first and then head to DC Rivals, Green Lantern, Superman then head over to Doomsday.

Superman and DC Rivals have been running 2 trains this week being in holidays and since the park seems rather quiet it makes for fast operations.

DC Rivals has been running with a greeter, grouper, 2 load/unload and a super and they are grouping one lot against the fence while another is at the gates waiting to load onto the train so the whole process is really smooth.  Have also seen on each attendance (3 this week) them letting a couple of guests through from the single rider queue.

• Like 1

Went on Thursday, definitely going again the same day as White Christmas. Every ride bar scooby (30 minutes) and dc (15 minutes) was a walk on even Arkham. There was a bit of a crowd but way less than I expected. Left around 5 to probably a thousand people waiting to come in for White Christmas.

Dc and Superman both had two carriages running so queue went fast. Loving the amount of shows they had on throughout the day, Matt Hollywood was great to see.

Can't wait for Wild West to open again, miss having a ride to cooldown on. No locker fee's is great too, don't feel to need to use the full hour anymore. Great day all round.

• Like 1

Went yesterday and despite having tkts for WC, my group had enough and couldn't be arsed staying back for something we have all seen plenty of times before.

What I noticed on today's  visit:

- Increased street Ent/Atmos. Cudos! Great to see some live music roaming once more!

- Main Street overall looking great with nice themeing touches etc.

- Plaza area space improved to better facilitate Seasonal and ongoing events. Tick😁

- Giant Xmas Tree and seasonal decorations all looking great.

- Front Entry area (including Archway) looks tired, rooftops covered in leaves, worn paint, that horrible White Xmas Sign on the Archway (MW you absolutely can do better!).

The whole Front Gate area needs love and I hope to see them take aim at this area of the Park next.

- SDSC. Never been in worse condition. An entire month down and apart from a bit of paint in the queue area, everything else was, well lets just say it wasn't. At the very least, have the fx working in the main ride section please! The ride felt less rough so assume the refurb has been mostly mechanical.

- Great to see max train operation on Coasters throughout, really keeping smiles on facers. Max wait for us today was 15 minutes (Rivals) and as little as walk on for GL.

- GL is more brown than Green nowadays, in need of a complete paint/refresh (trains included). 

- JL ride stopped half way through and out of sync rest of the ride. The last screen was off completely and scenes (such as when you enter the Spaceship) have been brightened up too much, imo affecting the mood of the ride.

- Superman Dark ride section needs some love.. lighting seemed brightened again too much. Gee I hope this isn't a new safety standard to make Dark rides bright? Water effect was off. Again. Love the new free lockers!

- Doomsday/Villains area. So much more life in the area now that everyone can interact with the Villains! I hope for a permanent plan than just attaching broken bands with zippy ties to the Stations, but it's a good start. 

Overall, some great improvements throughout the Park but it's a little disappointing to see so much of what MW is all about, missing right now.

I suspect 2018 will be a big year for cleaning up areas showing their age as the Park edges closer toward the big 30.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, themagician said:

I forgot to mention that it had reopened a couple of weeks ago when I visited. I hadn’t been in it for years so couldn’t remember what it used to be like. So can’t comment on what they’ve improved 

I've just been in and looks like they've repainted the chair legs and the walls and columns. Can't see anything different. 

6 hours ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

also seeing no one has mentioned it 

Dirty Harry’s back open

5 hours ago, themagician said:

I forgot to mention that it had reopened a couple of weeks ago when I visited. I hadn’t been in it for years so couldn’t remember what it used to be like. So can’t comment on what they’ve improved 

5 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I've just been in and looks like they've repainted the chair legs and the walls and columns. Can't see anything different. 

The flooring has been redone...

• Like 1

Matt Hollywood just drew a small cross on his hand with permanent marker, and had me hold my hand in a fist.

He then clenched his hand into a fist, opened it back up, and the cross was gone.

He asked me to open my hand, and a cross had appeared on my hand somehow in the position his was!

AMAZING! 

I'm dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

Edited by pushbutton

35 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Slight of hand and misdirection Push..

at the same time he moved the cross from his hand to yours he was moving your cash and cards from your pocket to his. 

Abrakadabra! 

Haha! I'd have been more concerned if it was my phone he was able to quickly figure out the password for! 

He did quite a few impressive tricks. 

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

On 24/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, pushbutton said:

Matt Hollywood just drew a small cross on his hand with permanent marker, and had me hold my hand in a fist.

He then clenched his hand into a fist, opened it back up, and the cross was gone.

He asked me to open my hand, and a cross had appeared on my hand somehow in the position his was!

AMAZING! 

I'm dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

It's also called a plant. I saw this trick done. The person that they pick from the crowd always puts their hands out with their palms down so you don't get to see the 'X' that is already drawn on their palm before the trick starts.

42 minutes ago, JaggedJanine said:

It's also called a plant. I saw this trick done. The person that they pick from the crowd always puts their hands out with their palms down so you don't get to see the 'X' that is already drawn on their palm before the trick starts.

As a professional magician myself. This can easily be done without a plant or "actor".

2 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Had it not been my hand that somehow had a magic X appear on it, that's what I would have suspected! 

10 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I'd rather not know how it's done. I think it's nice to have some things that are mysteries. 

FYI, there's a reason why signatures are disabled.

I digress - glad they're adding in some much needed shade and bench space for those waiting for friends to ride Rivals. I do wonder at what point they convert the old studio gate into a ticket booth (kudos to @pin142 for that idea, btw).

24 minutes ago, Roachie said:

FYI, there's a reason why signatures are disabled.

I digress - glad they're adding in some much needed shade and bench space for those waiting for friends to ride Rivals. I do wonder at what point they convert the old studio gate into a ticket booth (kudos to @pin142 for that idea, btw).

Do people think we might see a season pass entrance built at gate under Rivals?

• Like 2

Given Movie World has one of the better setups for park entry for a park in Australia there really doesn't need to be another entrance for just pass holders when the main entrance is more than capable. The studio gate would be more than ideal for the sale of backwards rivals and maybe even video and photos. Having the backwards being sold there would help with guest confusion I have seen when it comes to accessing the backwards row when there is nobody near the ride selling the bands. A basic sign saying ride entry one direction and viewing area/backwards purchase the other would help even more.

13 minutes ago, pin142 said:

Given Movie World has one of the better setups for park entry for a park in Australia there really doesn't need to be another entrance for just pass holders when the main entrance is more than capable. The studio gate would be more than ideal for the sale of backwards rivals and maybe even video and photos. Having the backwards being sold there would help with guest confusion I have seen when it comes to accessing the backwards row when there is nobody near the ride selling the bands. A basic sign saying ride entry one direction and viewing area/backwards purchase the other would help even more.

Have you been to MW lately? Frankly, the entire Entry area is looking tired and worn. Not at all a great first or last impression.

Given other big enhancements outside the front door in the works - and as we approach the Park's 30th, this is most definitely an area in need of some serious love right now.