Movie World November 2017 Improvements

themagician

They definitely need to improve the entrance procedure. Because right now... IT IS SHIT. The queue was almost back to the ticketing booths, and only 2 gates were open. The stroller/wheelchair entrance sign is still up, and a couple people tried to enter that way, but security told them they needed to enter the normal way. 

Scooby-Doo, DD Store, Dirty Harry Grill were closed. And the Dirty Harry Bar was just opening at 11. 

And Drink refill stations were all closed too

There was some work happening here though, couldn't work out what was being done 

IMG_2872.thumb.JPG.4f35c8a9dd08efb805ff2bdc0dd57fc7.JPG

Edited by themagician

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I've been lurking these forums for a few years now but today I have decided to open an account. So here we go, my first post...

This isn't really an improvement, but more of a suggestion. I'm sure this has been discussed here before, personally, I find the covering over Main Street very unpleasant to the eye, and it takes away from the magic of the main Street that it once had. When the shelter was erected, it looked alright but it hasn't aged well. Wasn't the purpose of main Street to make it look like a movie set? I get the idea of the shelter, but I think it's removal will go a long way in creating some magic in Movie World. Thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zacgb said:

Hi everyone, I've been lurking these forums for a few years now but today I have decided to open an account. So here we go, my first post...

This isn't really an improvement, but more of a suggestion. I'm sure this has been discussed here before, personally, I find the covering over Main Street very unpleasant to the eye, and it takes away from the magic of the main Street that it once had. When the shelter was erected, it looked alright but it hasn't aged well. Wasn't the purpose of main Street to make it look like a movie set? I get the idea of the shelter, but I think it's removal will go a long way in creating some magic in Movie World. Thoughts?

I get your point but it serves 2 very good purposes, and serves them well. It obviously provides sun (and occasionally rain) protection, and it some special events, and especially White Christmas, it enables various spectacular special effects including snow and light displays, which just wouldn't be possible without the roof.

I think it's still possible to see it as a movie set, given that many of them are built inside studios so would ave a roof over them, even though they're supposed to be outdoors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

By the sounds of the investor/market update, the HyperCoast(er) Walk appears to be standalone as opposed to part of the Star Tour.

The results flagged more potential for growth as it rolls out new attractions like Sea Jellies, Shaun the Sheep, the new HyperCoast Walk and the new Australian Outback Spectacular show.

• Like 4