Sea World Carnivale 2018

Park Addict 93

So made it to Carnivale tonight, I enjoyed it. I thought overall it was a vast improvement on last year due to the Aqua Colour light show. Not having seen vivid in Sydney or any such water show before - I thought it was amazing. Hopefully they build on that base for 2019 and make some changes to the food offerings which remained the same to last year. 

Certainly glad I found the secret to getting out of the car park easily - not parking in it. I parked in Phillip Park carpark literally opposite SW. We left our seats at the conclusion of Aquacolour at 8:45pm, and I was already merging onto the M1 from Smith St by 9:02pm. 

Given the “carpark full” signs were up by 6:15 - I imagine there are some poor souls still trying to get out...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I was already merging onto the M1 from Smith St by 9:02pm. 

Given the “carpark full” signs were up by 6:15 - I imagine there are some poor souls still trying to get out...

I was one of those poor souls. It took us an hour just to get to the M1  -_-

I’ll be remembering your tip for next year!

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I thought overall it was a vast improvement on last year due to the Aqua Colour light show. Not having seen vivid in Sydney or any such water show before - I thought it was amazing.

I truly don't believe the show was amazing.  The company SW engaged to do the show had all the tools and none of the knowhow of what makes a great show.  When I walked through the gates and cast my eyes across the lakes and saw the setup spread across the lake, it got me generally excited to see the show.

After seeing the show, I describe the show as random. 

1.            The show had no depth to it. 

2.              The song selection was poor.

3.               The lights didn’t line up with the music

4.               The lasers were underutilised.

The water fountains didn’t do anything.

The transitions between the songs were strange.

The finale was more let’s chuck extra random stuff together to make it feel bigger still without using the lasers, lights, and water effects to their full potential.

In the world we live in everybody gets a trophy for trying.

• Like 3

Disagree Skeet, but as I prefaced, I haven’t seen it done elsewhere to have a comparison. It could have been the worse water/laser/light show in the world but it’s all I’ve seen.

unsure how you could make the claim of under-utilised lasers - I’ve seen a few laser light shows before and some of the laser projections onto the water spray - especially the rolling waves and the awesome depth they got on the barrels - were great and better than I’ve seen before. 

I do agree the song selection could certainly have been better - but from my experience, the lights timed in pretty well to the music to me - as did the pyro.

maybe I have super low expectations, or maybe you are being overly critical? Truth probably someone in the middle!