No more locker hire fees on Superman Escape at Movie World

Parkz News

5 hours ago, iwerks said:

I think Adventure World has bigger ones than that.  On the other hand, Kalamunda Water Park's lockers were only $1 each.   

If they really must charge for using lockers at Wet & Wild / Whitewater World, I think  $1 or $2 would be reasonable. 

$10 though is just insane, and effectively means my annual passes do NOT really include the waterparks because I have to pay $10 every time I go.

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

If they really must charge for using lockers at Wet & Wild / Whitewater World, I think  $1 or $2 would be reasonable. 

$10 though is just insane, and effectively means my annual passes do NOT really include the waterparks because I have to pay $10 every time I go.

Do they teach economics in South Australia?

Frequently during busy times, the lockers are sold out, even at $10. At 1 or 2 dollars, you'd find they'd fill up even in off peak, and you'd again be left without a locker, and be on here whinging about it.

Your passes do include the waterparks. They don't include your wallet, phone and other valuables. What you do with them is your choice. You aren't required to hire a locker. There's no butch security guard with a doberman standing at the entrance gate pointing a gun at you and forcing you to go and hire a locker. THAT. IS. YOUR. CHOICE.

21 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Do they teach economics in South Australia?

Frequently during busy times, the lockers are sold out, even at $10. At 1 or 2 dollars, you'd find they'd fill up even in off peak, and you'd again be left without a locker, and be on here whinging about it.

Your passes do include the waterparks. They don't include your wallet, phone and other valuables. What you do with them is your choice. You aren't required to hire a locker. There's no butch security guard with a doberman standing at the entrance gate pointing a gun at you and forcing you to go and hire a locker. THAT. IS. YOUR. CHOICE.

What a bizarre comment. I don't know anyone who would leave their valuables unsecured while they're in the water  / on slides. Wouldn't be a fun experience to be left with no cash / card / license, keys, or phone. Also in wet bathers.

Effectively everyone does have to use a locker unless they have someone with them who isn't going in the water. 

I seem to be alone in this belief here, which I find very odd, but lockers are an essential part of visiting a waterpark (just as they are an essential part of going on Superman) and they should be free.

As I've already said, if more lockers are needed they should be bought. 

Edited by pushbutton

Well, you do 'know' someone as several people have already commented alternatives to lockers such as backpack \ towels.

What do you do when you go to the beach? Do you stomp your foot at the lifeguards because they haven't provided lockers?

You are alone in this belief. Many people at swimming pools, water parks and beaches trust their belongings in their bag \ shoe etc. There are occasional losses, but I can honestly say i've never had anything stolen at a pool \ beach \ waterpark.

A locker isn't an essential requirement. Many people who ride superman leave their wallet and phone in the car, and enter the ride with just their pass tucked into their shoe. There are ways around it - which is why IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

*headdesk* they should not be free. nobody provides a service for free. its an extra. it's not included with your pass (and it shouldn't be). therefore if you wish to use it you must pay.

As everyone has said it’s impossible to give lockers to everyone in the park or make them cheap, because again their won’t be enough. I don’t understand why that’s so hard to get. 

You have 2 options, get a locker. Or take the bare minimum and leave it on a chair in a backpack. 

Even the parks you love so much, Universal’s Volcano Bay is $10, and Disney’s $9 and with our Aussie dollar that would make them more. 

Every park does this, it’s universal practice and everyone has accepted this.  

You're also forgetting the huge numbers of guests where not everyone rides all the time or at all so there is someone "to look after your stuff". 

Geeze I remember back in the day when we were kids and we'd just leave all the families stuff in a location for the day... sadly better times. 

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Well, you do 'know' someone as several people have already commented alternatives to lockers such as backpack \ towels.

What do you do when you go to the beach? Do you stomp your foot at the lifeguards because they haven't provided lockers?

You are alone in this belief. Many people at swimming pools, water parks and beaches trust their belongings in their bag \ shoe etc. There are occasional losses, but I can honestly say i've never had anything stolen at a pool \ beach \ waterpark.

A locker isn't an essential requirement. Many people who ride superman leave their wallet and phone in the car, and enter the ride with just their pass tucked into their shoe. There are ways around it - which is why IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

*headdesk* they should not be free. nobody provides a service for free. its an extra. it's not included with your pass (and it shouldn't be). therefore if you wish to use it you must pay.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't state it as a fact. That comes across as arrogance and it achieves nothing. 

Edited by pushbutton

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

lol. I am so completely not surprised by that.

Its convenient that you never seem to reply to an entire post - only the parts you think you can argue against.

You never told me what you do at the beach... or a local swimming pool...?

At the beach I lock everything except my car keys in the car, put the keys in a pocket of clothing I leave on the beach, and ensure I am able to see that clothing and reach it reasonably fast if necessary while in the water. I also only swim at a beach where there are very few people around. 

At the pool I use lockers. Some are free and the most I've paid is $4.

Just now, joz said:

I'm going to make a rule that you 2 aren't allowed to respond to each other.  It just clogs the forums up with crap.

Great idea! I usually avoid doing so, but thought I'd see if I could generate some sensible discussion. 

I'll refrain from doing so again! 

• Like 1

they-say-never-reveal-your-sources-the-l

I quite clearly didn't claim the photo as my own - even clarified when someone thought it was my kid that it wasn't.

It's not like it's a #first! or #exclusive! post, or imagery of a brand new area. Its a kid with his head shoved into a locker - which could have been taken anywhere.

The person who took the photo is a member of parkz, but as 'crediting' them would reveal their identity (and i'm unsure as to their preference on whether they wish to or not) i left their name out.

23 hours ago, pushbutton said:

At the beach I lock everything except my car keys in the car, put the keys in a pocket of clothing I leave on the beach, and ensure I am able to see that clothing and reach it reasonably fast if necessary while in the water. I also only swim at a beach where there are very few people around. 

Never had anything stolen using these two...

Image result for beach valuable safety hacks

Image result for beach valuable safety hacks

On 05/12/2017 at 11:30 AM, Skeeta said:

@pushbutton  I was trying to put it nicely.  Let’s face facts here Push 99.9999999999999999999999999% of your ideas are dumb.  I only gave you .00000000000000000000000000001% because miracles do happen.   You need to return to planet earth. 

I can play that game too. 99.999999999999999% of your comments are arrogant, rude and offensive. 

I just don't normally choose to do so!