Sirens of the Sea non event

pushbutton

I've just experienced "Sirens of the Sea" from the underwater viewing windows in Shark Bay.

A fascinating idea but it would seem poorly executed.

An audio recording was played for about 5 minutes which was very hard to hear but did mentionmermaids many times. 

I did wonder how they could safely have a mermaid in the water with sharks around, and thought perhaps the penguin area would have been a more suitable location. 

Anyway no mermaid was sighted by me at all. MaybeI was just very unlucky. Otherwise all "Sirens of the Sea" amounted to was as described above! 

Anyone else seen it? 

11 minutes ago, joz said:

You want to put people in the water in the penguin area?  That's perhaps the dumbest thing on the internet at the moment.  Also you do know they're not on the side which has the Sharks right?

and still it continues! I had hoped we might at least get a few weeks without the insults and offensive posts over the Christmas period. 

Side note - can we change the topic title? I'm sure it's not to everybody's taste, but its something additional provided by the parks free of charge - Parkz usually ranks pretty high in the search results and I wouldn't want one person's opinion shadowing the topic before a person even reads it...

On 20/12/2017 at 3:25 PM, pushbutton said:

I've just experienced "Sirens of the Sea" from the underwater viewing windows in Shark Bay.

A fascinating idea but it would seem poorly executed.

An audio recording was played for about 5 minutes which was very hard to hear but did mentionmermaids many times. 

I did wonder how they could safely have a mermaid in the water with sharks around, and thought perhaps the penguin area would have been a more suitable location. 

The penguin area has refrigerated water so would be dangerously cold.

Shark bay is heated, and safe, since guests can dive in there.

Screenshot_20171224-150107.jpg

Some pics:

20171224_150725.jpg

20171224_151051.jpg

20171224_150540.jpg

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

The penguin area had refrigerated water so would be dangerously cold.

Shark bay is heated, and safe, since guests can dive in there.

Screenshot_20171224-150107.jpg

Some pics:

20171224_150725.jpg

20171224_151051.jpg

20171224_150540.jpg

That's interesting. How do they keep the guests  (and performers) away from the sharks?

I'm dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

That's interesting. How do they keep the guests  (and performers) away from the sharks?

I remember asking a similar question of a sea world employee once about why the sharks dont eat the other fish in the shark tank and apparently the reason the sharks dont eat the other fish in the area is because they find it easier to be fed the dead fish by the employees than to hunt and eat the live fish in the aquarium. Although I was unaware there were two seperate lagoons.

10 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

I remember asking a similar question of a sea world employee once about why the sharks dont eat the other fish in the shark tank and apparently the reason the sharks dont eat the other fish in the area is because they find it easier to be fed the dead fish by the employees than to hunt and eat the live fish in the aquarium. Although I was unaware there were two seperate lagoons.

No it certainly doesn't appear that way to guests. They must have done a brilliant illusion somehow as it appears as if all the different fish are together! 

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise!