AlexB

Something new from Wonderland History

15 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember the approximate ride time of Bush Beast? I remember going on it so many times when it was around but cant remember if it would have held the the Australian record for longest track/ride time. Would DC Rivals hold that record now?

5 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember the approximate ride time of Bush Beast? I remember going on it so many times when it was around but cant remember if it would have held the the Australian record for longest track/ride time. Would DC Rivals hold that record now?

Parkz has a great database for this type of information.

Capture.thumb.JPG.1c584c2c7ad3cf7bf156bb2a37a1e242.JPG

• Like 1

Any light you can shed on this Alex? I know you may know more than you are allowed to share, but are we talking the long mooted wonderland museum, Site confirmation, DA lodgement?

Having watched the video, I think the direction of the message can be found by the fact that it's the Wonderland History details shown at the end of the video.

both the WS page, and the WLH group generally don't post their own information regarding possible new parks - although they do share posts by 'sydney's wonderland' which is a separately managed social page...

So from that, draw from it what you will....

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Any light you can shed on this Alex? I know you may know more than you are allowed to share, but are we talking the long mooted wonderland museum, Site confirmation, DA lodgement?

What the hell? A Wonderland museum? Can't be serious.

I don’t know the full extent of it, but know the beastie & bush beast trains were acquired with a view for them to be on public show one day in the future along with other memorabilia. 

Unless some amazing discovery has been made of a treasure trove of new wonderland history (and let's hope to god its not from the last 6 years it was open) I am standing by to be amazingly be impressed by the same collection of photos/videos that have been done to death being rehashed again... in whatever form

Call me less than optimistic on this one

• Like 1

I don't know for sure but I'm going to guess that they going to announce they have secured land to start planning and building "Sydney's Wonderland".

As for the 'museum' I think it's a ridiculous idea and if it is going to be part of the new park it should be a very small section and definitely not include the carriages they have secured and are very lucky to still have as the people who own them thought they could store them on someones land indefinitely and not pay for it. The target market for Sydney's Wonderland couldn't care less about a park that closed before most of them were born.

Happy 2018 everyone.

• Like 2

On 21/12/2017 at 6:17 PM, Brad2912 said:

I don’t know the full extent of it, but know the beastie & bush beast trains were acquired with a view for them to be on public show one day in the future along with other memorabilia. 

Why??????

On 22/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, djrappa said:

Call me less than optimistic on this one

Rest assured, this isn't another digital rehash.

On 02/01/2018 at 6:30 AM, Bussy said:

I don't know for sure but I'm going to guess that they going to announce they have secured land to start planning and building "Sydney's Wonderland".

The tagline on the video is the History site. It won't be new park news as that's handled by a completely separate group - who would make their own message. The History team of course would share it, but it wouldn't be posted by them.

Museum wise I think that idea was way off base and far fetched - especially when every tom dick and harry thought their drink bottle, badge, sticker and coffee mug should go in there.

I'm fairly certain we should see more info soon though...