Dreamworld - 2017 Log Ride reopening

DaptoFunlandGuy

11 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Just because I’m feeling positive atm I have some information to report on the Trolls precinct and RHLR 

Trolls has been delayed till Easter holidays now, this is due to the fact that Dreamworks is making sure that the license is being used correctly and that they want to make it as best as it can be

RHLR will get  some mesh cage fence on the top of each log due to that “incident” from last year as they want to make sure it doesn’t happen again, as per stated from earlier, the ride is set on track for next month.

I'm going to call bullshit without source. I can't imagine you'd have that deep a contact with Dreamworks... but i'm open to being wrong.

As for RHLR - a mesh cage fence on top of each log?

There's a sure fire way to drown people in case of incident. I call 0% chance of this being true.

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

I'm going to call bullshit without source. I can't imagine you'd have that deep a contact with Dreamworks... but i'm open to being wrong.

There's a sure fire way to drown people in case of incident. I call 0% chance of this being true.

JWorld has a really good rep here on Parkz, so I am not going to call BS. But it would be nice to know where the info came from. 

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

It's 100% true.

I feel embarrassed for DW right now. What complete Arse Clown came up with this one?

As others have suggested, incasing the logs with cages will actually raise the risk level, possibly trapping riders in the event of an emergency. Safety is the #1 reason why Parks worldwide ARE NOT doing this!! Ugh fucktards.

So...the park is soo strict on their safety now that the littlest thing is taken extremely seriously, the park isn't taking any chances what so ever. Yes the closures and pushbacks are annoying but its all for a very good reason. I know that the park is taking their time with the rides but they need to prioritise things such as the Tail Spin for example. So if your still upset, then go and run you're own theme park and see what it takes and all the problems you come across.

1 hour ago, Minions! said:

So if your still upset, then go and run you're own theme park and see what it takes and all the problems you come across.

You used your and you’re in the wrong places.. but anyways..

comments like this totally shit me.

if someone criticises a parks decision, responding with “go run your own park” is a total assclown response. We are allowed to be critical.

Encasing a flume is a ridiculous idea. If a log becomes stuck in a dangerous spot, or in a worst case scenario is inundated or flipped, there is no escape route.

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Minions! said:

So...the park is soo strict on their safety now that the littlest thing is taken extremely seriously, the park isn't taking any chances what so ever. Yes the closures and pushbacks are annoying but its all for a very good reason. I know that the park is taking their time with the rides but they need to prioritise things such as the Tail Spin for example. So if your still upset, then go and run you're own theme park and see what it takes and all the problems you come across.

When Lethal Weapon opened, I was there running it. When the Looney Tunes River ran, I ran it. When I Supervised Wild West Falls,  I broke it. (While parking the Boats at closing... oops!) 

Roxy, Batride,  Movie Magic, Studio Tour and Gremlins. All the Classics. Supervised and Presented in all of them for years.

@Minions!, I can say with absolute confidence that I could do a far better job of running DW - even with my dated Theme Park experience. For one, I would stop doing so many modifications in-house (because I am DW and know better?? Yeah right!) and at least consult the big guns in the Industry first! Re-fitting the logs with cages is the dumbest idea (in the list of dumb ideas, getting bigger!) since they modified the TRRR conveyer.

When will they ever learn that certain things really should not be done in-house? I really hope this stupid plan is reconsidered because wait till the media jumps on to this one. The GP will make up their own minds if/when it does.

If this is the best they can do, keep it closed too and figure out a better solution. Only this time speak to the Experts first? 

8 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Only this time speak to the Experts first? 

I thought DW are doing this now. 

Shockwave has its unique restraint system now so it wouldn't surprise me if we see addons to other rides.

Would it surprise me if DW stick a cage on the log? NO.

Is it a stupid idea? YES.

If anything, at least DW are consistent with coming up with stupid ideas.

@Theme Park What do you think happens on any ride people are secured in and they need to disembark?  What would be the point of any restraint if the guest can undo it?

"Hang on, Rivals has stopped mid run.  Let me push this button to let myself out". SAID NOBODY EVER.

Edited by Skeeta

4 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@Theme Park What do you think happens on any ride people are secured in and they need to disembark?  What would be the point of any restraint if the guest can undo it?

In case of an electrical fire in an inclosed area where guests will need to get of the vehicle and exit through the emergency exits.

13 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s easier to prevent electrical fires than prevent kids and/or idiots from pressing the ‘harness release button’ for shits and giggles

Do kids/idiots take off their seatbelts on The Claw for shits and giggles? Not that I know of. 

42 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Do kids/idiots take off their seatbelts on The Claw for shits and giggles? Not that I know of. 

The thing is it wouldn’t really even matter if they did, unless there was a failure of the primary safety system at the same time being the overhead restraints. 

I don’t know whether you are trying to be argumentative or a plank...

there is a reason rollercoasters the world over don’t have “push incase of an emergency buttons” available to the public that release all safety systems, and it’s kinda the same reason helicopters don’t have ejector seats...